How do you download this?

I followed the instructions and got the email but when I click on the link to download the packet I just get sent to the sign up page again.
When I click to download it loads for a minute and then gives me a 404...
It is also sending me to the signup page again. Come on guys. Really?
Similar issue for me.   When I click the 'download it here' link, it always redirects me to: wizards.custhelp.com/

I'm getting a blank page with this message:

HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.
Same issue here.
Same here as well.

The server is taking on some powerful critical hits right now. I doubt we have even "bloodied" it. 

and yes, I get a bad request error.............................. 
MY DM COMMITMENT To insure that those who participate in any game that I adjudicate are having fun, staying engaged, maintaining focus, contributing to the story and becoming legendary. "The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." Gary Gygax Thanks for that Gary, so now stop playing RAW games. Member of the Progressive Front of Grognardia Suicide Squad
same here.  Been that way since this morning.
Yep, same story with me.  I keep getting  HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.  Hope they can get this fixed soon
Yeah, it still seems to be erroring out. lol.
That is not dead which may eternal lie

This.
Just out of curiosity... can people that are getting the fail post the redirect URL they get *before* the 400 page?

I am guessing there is a bug in their redirect.

This.

I'm not even getting the benefit of a 404 screen - just a blank white page Tongue Out

This.

I'm not even getting the benefit of a 404 screen - just a blank white page

You are probably using Internet Explorer which doesn't show 400 error pages a lot of times.
Same here as well.

I'm getting it as well.
Getting a HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

I WANT TO DOWNLOAD this game! Let me please download it!
Im getting the redirect to the sign up page/form.

I know that I need to be patient but.... 

This.

I'm not even getting the benefit of a 404 screen - just a blank white page

You are probably using Internet Explorer which doesn't show 400 error pages a lot of times.

Actually, I'm using Firefox. It's really annoying though, been looking forward to this for a while.
Sure would be awesome if it somehow ended up on a URL it could be downloaded from... ;)
Just to add to the chorus:  I am having the same problem.  Using Firefox.
if they have this much trouble during the rest of the playtest... man. 
You'd think with all the hype they'd have a working download.
 Well, back to Pathfinder, I suppose.
Keep ending uop at the customer service page as well. Been trying all day.
I do believe we are all expereincing the WotC equivalent of an Error 37...
Someone from WotC  could at least acknowledge the issue.

I know omens are not real but... 
Does anyone know of someone who actually got through?
Someone from WotC  could at least acknowledge the issue.

I know omens are not real but...
They absolutely should have distributed this by torrent.  It'd be really easy to set up a tracker on one of the .wizards subdomains and then use an IP address white list to make sure people have to agree to their terms before the torrent will work.

A working download would indeed be the first step to living up to the hype.  Right now I'm thinking I may as well cancel the playtest session I have planned and just play OpenQuest or Pathfinder instead.  I can't exact test the game out if I can't get he files.

Yeah, I keep getting a page load failure when trying to dl it.  Seems the Force is not yet strong enough for this one... lol
Just called them, they are definitely aware of it, servers are just overloaded. Supposed to have someone reply in here shortly regarding it I was told
Hey Valdier, thanks for calling. It never occured to me to actually do something useful like that. I just posted and complained. It's people like you who actually get things done. Thanks again.
I'm also having this issue.
Thank you for calling and confirming.
I have an answer for you, it may even be the truth.
Howdy folks,

We have a thread setup here to report download issues and to keep up to date on fixes.  

I'll be closing this thread.

Thanks.  

All around helpful simian

Sign In to post comments