Join us on the Virtual Table for Playtesting!

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the rest of the forumgoers to come join us over on the Virtual Table to playtest Next, and discussions that result therein.  Plaguescarred has been great about organizing things, and there's a lot of potential regarding the different opinions here that can lead to some really productive, constructive feedback.  Anyone with D&D Insider has access to the VT, just join the VT beta group and you should be good to go.

The VT forums can be found here:  community.wizards.com/dndbeta/go/forum/v...
I expect the Find a Campaign section to start populating with Next playtest sessions in the near future.

For those of you who don't have D&D Insider, you can still play!  People who do have it have codes that can be given out to allow non-DDI members to join the table, so if you're interested please post here and we'll try to get you an invite.

UPDATE: 
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Game on!
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

good post mand, def an easy way to test this if you dont have a group

I'm interested! Sign me up!
Definately interested as well if you can send me a code
you guys should list your time zones and the usual days you can play. i will run at least one game of it, but dms will have to input all the pregens manually and make maps so i think plague is probably the only guy that has all of that done already

ironically we used to be able to share maps but they took that function away or the playtesting could have been easier to accomplish. a dm could just load it right up in seconds.

maybe this will help convince them to add the functionality back in
definately interested.

You would think this would be embraced by WoTC to use the Virtual Table to test DNDNext but guess not.

Here is the quote from the FAQ wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news...

Can I run a playtest on the Virtual Table for anybody who wants to check it out?

No, you will not be able to run a playtest using the Virtual Table.

/sigh 

You would think this would be embraced by WoTC to use the Virtual Table to test DNDNext but guess not.

Here is the quote from the FAQ wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news...

Can I run a playtest on the Virtual Table for anybody who wants to check it out?

No, you will not be able to run a playtest using the Virtual Table.

/sigh 

holy crap, mand/plague have yall seen that faq? wow

well, both mand and plague both attempted to make something happen. plague i know on the vt fourms and our private vt sage forums tried to get something organized. no response, no reply. they havent really given us much response on even general vt related questions over the last year or so. sucks. but they would never know what you were running, and i know for a fact that 5e has been playtested multiple times on the vt by private groups already

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the rest of the forumgoers to come join us over on the Virtual Table to playtest Next, and discussions that result therein.  Plaguescarred has been great about organizing things, and there's a lot of potential regarding the different opinions here that can lead to some really productive, constructive feedback.  Anyone with D&D Insider has access to the VT, just join the VT beta group and you should be good to go.

The VT forums can be found here:  community.wizards.com/dndbeta/go/forum/v...
I expect the Find a Campaign section to start populating with Next playtest sessions in the near future.

For those of you who don't have D&D Insider, you can still play!  People who do have it have codes that can be given out to allow non-DDI members to join the table, so if you're interested please post here and we'll try to get you an invite.

dude, did you see this?

wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news...

"Can I run a playtest on the Virtual Table for anybody who wants to check it out?

No, you will not be able to run a playtest using the Virtual Table"

Anybody who wants to participate, has to sign up. They want to make sure, that the material is used for testing and not for spreading information about the structure of DDN around.

But ... if, and only if all of some group members would have signed this agreement, you could play whereever you want ...

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg)

Investigating.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

So, yeah.  Online play is approved.  Game on!
Read the entry a couple of lilnes down in the FAQ...

Playtesting via the VT is still not permitted.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere

"Can I run a playtest on the Virtual Table for anybody who wants to check it out?

No, you will not be able to run a playtest using the Virtual Table."

I've been using it with my groups already. It's how we play DnD together. I said it before in a thread on the VTT forums. If they do something about us using it for this, they can kiss the money's goodbye from our groups. Simple as that.
I was so thrilled about the great news until i saw Mand12's OP date. 2 Weeks Ago. I thought it was a follow up to the last update to online gaming with Skype/Google+  I had missed this Thread i guess...  Cry

Anyway, i still push for it and have talked to a few WoTC Staff. Seeing the latest Update to the FAQ is definitly a step in the right direction.

Hopefully they will come to allow online gaming via the WoTC D&D VT  on their website at the same conditions as Google+, to not post or upload any transcripts from your playtest, upload any playtest materials and make sure that all members of your group have signed up to playtest through the official playtest sign up process

The only thing we need is a Token with HP and AC and a Dice Roller and Voice Chat. No info need to be uploaded on the VT and its easy for DMs to know if a participant has  signed up to Playtest through the official playtest sign up process and has access to the material.

And it would be on their Website. 
hey well if anybody ISNT going to be running caves of chaos this friday, anytime after 3 pm eastern, they really shouldnt let me know. i def would NOT be interested, and i wouldnt play the cleric of pelor EITHER. so dont do anything like shoot me an invite or pm me if its happening
I've been using it with my groups already. It's how we play DnD together. I said it before in a thread on the VTT forums. If they do something about us using it for this, they can kiss the money's goodbye from our groups. Simple as that.

You shouldn't sign an agreement that you have no intention of keeping.  I disagree with their policy.  But it is their policy.

My Blog which includes my Hobby Award Winning articles.

You shouldn't sign an agreement that you have no intention of keeping.  I disagree with their policy.  But it is their policy.

The actual signed agreement (the OPTA) has no mention of online playtesting at all.

The FAQ (which is unrelated to the OPTA and has no legal standing) says that you can't run games on the VT.

(Note:  The fact that the FAQ has no legal standing doesn't mean they can't kick you out of the playtest.  It just means they can't sue you.)
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
Meh. The whole group is signed up for the playlets and all are ddi people. Using the vtt for the map, pog placement and chat shouldn't be an issue.

That and there is no mention in the agreement about playing on the vtt so I am not concerned about that.

Not really trying to be douchie but if we change the way we play, we might keep using that software. I like ddi, but my friends would rather use something else.
Sign In to post comments