Char Builder Powers screen blank

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all does anyone have the same problem? I just changed computer and I am running Win7 pro. When I open a PC or create a new one the Powers tab is blank: nothing top select and black dropdown menu as well!

I tried to reinstall silverlight (v.5) and I tried with IE (normal, 64bit and also in compatibilty mode), Firefox, Chrome... nothing I always have the same problem. The other tabs are just fine.

At home on another computer Win7 home I have no problems whatsoever.

Should I install an old version of Silverlight?
Hey all does anyone have the same problem? I just changed computer and I am running Win7 pro. When I open a PC or create a new one the Powers tab is blank: nothing top select and black dropdown menu as well!

I tried to reinstall silverlight (v.5) and I tried with IE (normal, 64bit and also in compatibilty mode), Firefox, Chrome... nothing I always have the same problem. The other tabs are just fine.

At home on another computer Win7 home I have no problems whatsoever.

Should I install an old version of Silverlight?

I have the same problem and ive tried the same things, i sent a bug-report and just got a automated responce that copy-pasted what the website said.

Really annoying.

EDIT: tried installing Silverlight 4. tried using IE, Mozilla and chrome, all of them had the same problem. I can use the rest of the builder just fine, if a bit slow, i can access feats, races, marketplace, inventory, level characters up. But if i go to choose powers the screen is blank. it does let me "choose for me" and it will show up on the character sheets but thats about it and obviously i cannot use the character builder because of this bug.

EDIT 2: Ok i probably shouldnt be posting this because im kind of upset but whatever.
What really drives me up the wall is the text that I sometimes get when i try to add additional powers etc. "Something just broke. Something you did must have broken something." I just signed up last week ONLY to use the builder and now its my fault their programmers cant put a simple online builder together and that somehow me trying accessing it, breaks it makes is my fault?!
Rant over.
An update: the Customer Service could not reproduce the problem.

After I confirmed that it is not dependent on a specific character they said they passed the bug to the developers.

Let's hope they can provide more extensive testing and solve the issue!
Damn. Just signed up for insider, and I end up having this same issue. Is there a fix for this perchance? 

Apologies for the necropost, didn't want to start a new thread for the same issue. 
I would open a ticket with Customer Service and give all your system specs and explain the bug you're experiencing.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I would open a ticket with Customer Service and give all your system specs and explain the bug you're experiencing.

Thanks, I did just that. Hopefully they can sort me out.