D&D Next Playtest Package download link does not work

I have just received my second email regarding the D&D Next playtest (the first directed me to the official sign up page and instructed me to wait for another email that would provide links to download the material).

In the second email there is a link supposedly should allow me to download the packet, however it just takes me to a Wizards Customer Service page.

Is the link broken, or is the material not quite in place yet?

Does anyone else have this issue? 
R Grant Erswell Geek in wolf's clothing
Hope I'm aloud to do this, but here is the link from the twitter page (see post 35):

t.co/t9CaSNN7

If you've gotten your second e-mail, try it!  I have my packet.

This is the twitter thing itself if needed:
twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23dndnext
The Twitter workaround link is:

t.co/B3zUOzEH

Also, that's not working me either. 
Hope I'm aloud to do this, but here is the link from the twitter page (see post 35):

t.co/t9CaSNN7

If you've gotten your second e-mail, try it!  I have my packet.

This is the twitter thing itself if needed:
twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23dndnext

Yeah, it's not loading for me either.
Ditto. Takes me to a blank Customer Service page.

US here.
Try going to the twitter site (second link), find the post, and click it directly.....?
I haven't got my email yet.

Author of Elementalism in Atlas Games' Occult Lore. DAZ 3D

Using WotC_Trevor's workaround, I just finished downloading the packet.

In memory of wrecan and his Unearthed Wrecana.

I finally got my email, where I said yes to the playtest, but nothing to download yet...
I'm still waiting for my second email, but I gave a try anyway... AND WORKED!!!! And I'm from Peru XD

Already checking them out. 

Good luck everyone. 

"No curse we can't reverse; no spell we can't break; no demon we can't exterminate; no plane we can't reach" - Motto of the Magnificent Order of the Planeswalkers, as said by the first time by Veritatis, its founder and the Grimmchester Brothers mentor

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

How about posting it on here, for those of us who don't use twitter...
FINALLY got the link. It seems that it's timing out because many people are hitting the server at the same time for the file. Perhaps they've locked concurrent accesses of the file.

Post 42, second link.  You don't have to "use" twitter.  Just follow the link and find the "WizardsD&D" message bubble that says "Try this workaround......"

Unless you're against twitter or something.  I've never used it before in my life but it worked.

Post 42, second link.  You don't have to "use" twitter.  Just follow the link and find the "WizardsD&D" message bubble that says "Try this workaround......"

Unless you're against twitter or something.  I've never used it before in my life but it worked.

It's blocked by the filters at work...and if I have something to say, I don't want to be limited to 140 characters or less.
I keep getting item not found...
Ugh...

Yup. Not working.

Keep getting “no results found”. 

It's blocked by the filters at work...and if I have something to say, I don't want to be limited to 140 characters or less.

Blocked by filters...that sucks.  Sorry to hear that!  As for the 140 characters...Haha!  I did say I wasn't suggesting using twitter. 

Good luck and happy reading/playtesting to everyone!! 
I'm trying something, but it will probably only work for me.

My Wizards account has an @googlemail.com domain - but the email I put in to the playtest submission was @gmail.com.

The software that matches email addresses might not be clever enough to recognise that the two things are the same.

I've signed up again with @googlemail.com and I'll see what happens. 
I got it!!!

The only thing I did different:

DO NOT cut-and-paste "download playtest".

Just type it in by hand.

Its the only thing I did different.

Probably its just, wait enough time for the click on the link to process.    
I tried to type it in by hand and to copy-paste it but my second result is "D&D Insider: FAQ for Character Builder"
Still effin' nothing. The twitter link now redirects to an error custserv page, and typing it in by hand with the advanced search still doesn't give me anything.

I feel left out Frown
The link works for me now, I just down loaded it
It took several tries and a took a while to load, but the twitter link finally worked for me.
In order for the link to show, you must have already received a D&D email today and agreed to the terms. However, there do appear to still be some problems people are bumping up against.

I'm going to close these threads and redirect to the main one with the current information, fixes, and workarounds. Please post any further details about your packet download issues there and/or contact customer service so that they can fix things up and get you the packet.

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

Sign In to post comments