D&D Next Playtest Package download link does not work

I have just received my second email regarding the D&D Next playtest (the first directed me to the official sign up page and instructed me to wait for another email that would provide links to download the material).

In the second email there is a link supposedly should allow me to download the packet, however it just takes me to a Wizards Customer Service page.

Is the link broken, or is the material not quite in place yet?

Does anyone else have this issue? 
R Grant Erswell Geek in wolf's clothing
I'm having the same problem. I've tried logging in and out, clicking the link while logged out, etc. I keep being sent to the Costumer Service Page. I would really appreciate an answer on this issue, even if just to hear we'll have to wait a few hours.
I'm having the same problem. I think I even accidentally signed up twice in the process since the first e-mail redirected me to the sign-up page that I had filled out to get the first e-mail.

Looks like they're having a bit of a SNAFU. I'll try it again once a human is in their offices and has set the pointers in the right direction.
Same problem here. It doesn't bode well.
Same here =/
Same here... when i hover mouse on it it should show link in the Opera Browser, but there is only some weird stuff. And in the end i'm on support page 
Same issue here.  The link takes me to wizards.custhelp.com
Same problem here. Hopefully we'll get a working link soon?
Well I am glad its not just me at least
There goes my excuse to avoid paperwork... Hope its fixed soon.
Hey all. I'm defintely aware of the issue and I've done all the appropriate notifying. Hoping the problems will be fixed very, very shortly. I'll make a blanket post when I have more info.

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

Hey all. I'm defintely aware of the issue and I've done all the appropriate notifying. Hoping the problems will be fixed very, very shortly. I'll make a blanket post when I have more info.

Much obliged, thanks!
Having the same problem, already sent a reply, glad it's being fixed as we speak.

(give me an excuse to slack off at work, dammit!)
But let's face it.... who here ISN'T waiting with bated breath on the packet? I can't wait to see what turns up.
But let's face it.... who here ISN'T waiting with bated breath on the packet? I can't wait to see what turns up.

I am like a kid on Chirstmas Eve!
I will be happy to get the first email, then eventually the second, and finally my birthday present a playtest pack
The "fix" for this is already posted in the comments on the D&D Next group page.
Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
Even the "fix" still doesn't work for me.
Care to share what this "fix" is?
This worked for me, downloading now!!!

Copied from the D&D Next comment by Hypnotoad:

This is exactly what to do. Don't click the link in your email, just go to wizards.custhelp.com. Above the search box click 'advanced search'. Put 'download playtest' in the search box and choose 'Dungeons & Dragons' from the Limit By Product. Then search and the file should be the second one listed. 

This is exactly what to do. Don't click the link in your email, just go to wizards.custhelp.com. Above the search box click 'advanced search'. Put 'download playtest' in the search box and choose 'Dungeons & Dragons' from the Limit By Product. Then search and the file should be the second one listed. 

Doesn't work for me.
Same here. Not working for me.
The above method didn't work for me either. Cry

Bill Newsome

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

"In a hole in the ground there lived....my clan of halfling thieves!"

I believe it only works if you are logged in and you have already received the second email...which means it's working as it should.
Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
Doesn't work for me.  Second in the list is the D&D Insider FAQ for the Character Builder, and there is nothing in the 11-item list that is the playtest.

Doesn't work for me.

It does not work for me either.
Yeah, I'm not seeing the playtest packet in the list of downloads either.  I didn't receive an e-mail with any kind of link, even though I've signed up (twice now).  Wondering why this isn't just a link off the Playtest page?  
It worked for me:

Made sure I was logged in, searched for "download playtest", found the correct link.

I have a bunch of pdfs to read through now, brb :P

Hope everyone else manages to download the materials. Good luck!    

When I followed those instructions, the second link is D&D Insider: FAQ for Character Builder.

That worked great, thanks!
While I wait for my second email, what features would everyone like to see in 6E?

Should be out by 2014.
I believe it only works if you are logged in and you have already received the second email...which means it's working as it should.

I'm logged in, I've received the second email long since ... it still doesn't work for me. 

This worked for me as well. Thanks for the heads up!
The solution doesn't work for me, and I've tried it in three different browsers. More to the point, it's ridiculous that the email link doesn't take you to a proper landing page or directly to a downloadable file directly. This is 2012, right?
Go to the twitter page for #dndnext.  They posted a workaround link that should work if you've already received your second e-mail.

It worked for me!!  =)

[EDIT: ...And I don't have twitter and have never used it before today!]
This method eventually worked.  I had to click on my name (up at the top, where it says "Welcome [NAME]"), then scroll to the bottom of my "home" page and click on the Customer Service link.  Then followed the fix as listed and the link came up, just as they say.  

I've been logged in the whole time, so I don't know why it works this way but not the other times I tried, but this may help others in the same boat. 
Y u no work? Frown
I had to be logged in and select the Dungeons & Dragons RPG subcatagory to get it to show up. Hope that helps.
While I wait for my second email, what features would everyone like to see in 6E?

Should be out by 2014.

I heard 6E isn't happening because Wizards couldn't figure out how to make playtesting materials available over the internet.
Ok, I clicked the link in the email then searched again, and they were there. so you might try that.
It's not working for me, I'm in the UK. Anyone else who's having a problem outside the US?