got the email

I am having the same problem, it keeps redirecting me to what appears to be the page where I signed up for email updates originally.
The second email looks like the system you're using for links is replacing the domain where the file lives with a domain for custhelp.   What you need to do is check the link in the email application you're using, and make sure it's not doing a domain replace.
Yeah, ignore the info in my previous post. I see what you guys are saying. I'll get on it!

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

Trevor, are you saying that the playtest packet is an attachment to the second mail?

I thought we had to download it somehow... 

My RPG Campaigns

I joke that D&D Next is what happens when, A Christmas Carol-like, 3rd & 4th edition's ghosts travel back in time to an evening near the end of AD&D 2E's life, and say "this is what is coming" and so AD&D 2E heads off in a different direction. So, it's like alt-reality AD&D 3rd, maybe?Cam Banks

Still waiting 
Trevor, are you saying that the playtest packet is an attachment to the second mail?

I thought we had to download it somehow... 

It's a download from a (broken) link in the second email.
wizards.custhelp.com/rd IS the redirect script. Looks like the redirect script doesn't know where to send us, so dumping us to the root of it's domain.
the link sends me to page that ask me to sign up to get a reminder of the playtest.
I can confirm as well. The link just takes you to the wizards.custhelp.com/ page.
@Wizards_DND on Twitter confirmed the problem and they have alerted technical people to fix it.
Yeah, I'm fairly sure I know what the problem is and I've alrteed and pinged several people. Waiting to hear back now. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know. I'm hoping it will be very, very soon.

I would have hoped that this was tested before sending the email. You know how understanding & forgiving gamers tend to be.
I hope You will fix the problem before I'll need to go to convention tomorow ;)
If Blizzard can't get the launch of Diablo III to be problem free, I'm hardly gonna bag on WotC for these problems today. 

Tech stuff happens.

Now, fix it Trevor. And I mean you, personally.  
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I'm glad Trevor is on it, I thought I was the only one experiencing issues.
I never even got the emails...
No email here yet
No emails here, eithier.

I got hurt feelings.
I don't get it ?  How are some people getting there 2nd email , when all of the first emails have not been sent out yet in  packets?  Do you not think you should send all original first then move on to the second batch ?
I have received the first email and signed for the second. Waiting for it to arrive.
I have received the first email and signed for the second. Waiting for it to arrive.

Same here, the anticipation is killer
I have not received any emails yet, the suspence is killing me. Hoping to run this for my friends over the weekend. Are emails still being sent out?
I have not received any emails yet, the suspence is killing me. Hoping to run this for my friends over the weekend. Are emails still being sent out?

Wait nevermind! Just got the first email....
wizards.custhelp.com/rd IS the redirect script. Looks like the redirect script doesn't know where to send us, so dumping us to the root of it's domain.

My bad you're right... still broke for me.
I'm going to close these threads and redirect to the main one with the current information, fixes, and workarounds. Please post any further details about your packet download issues there and/or contact customer service so that they can fix things up and get you the packet.

Sign In to post comments