58335208 wrote:
Titivation.

235:
Titivation | ()
Creature - Incarnation
Lands are non-basic.
2/2

FEEDBACK REQUEST:
Seriously, what colour is this card? It kind of feels green, but it has bad synergy with most green ramp. It has most synergy with red LD, but doesn't feel red at all.

I don't do ICD's much - seriously, what colour is this card?

For those who can't be bothered or don't want to look it up, titivation is essentially a synonym for 'decorate', though for the life of me I can't see myself using it in conversation.
How does it affect green ramp when this card only changes lands already on the battlefield?

Also, consider blue.
Sounds like a textbook artifact to me: it's a weird static ability with combo potential.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
For me, it has a blue feel.  Blue likes to complicate thing and making basic to nonbasic fits right there.  In the best of world though, this goes on an artifact. 
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn

This is tricky. It's such an odd effect. I think we can safely rule out Blue and White. These colours are more about standardising, than individualising.

Green has a (small) history of using basic mana, so it doesn't fit here.

That leaves Red and Black and there's no reason Black wants this.

The effect makes every land individual. Every land different. That's Red.
I would say probably blue.  Blue is the color that changes things the most (lands to islands, change colors, cloning, replication).  Red likes to hate on non-basics but I think this is more of an extension of blue's tendency to have a grand scheme rather than simple destruction.

Challenge & Contest Winners
[24 Hour Challenge] Why is the rum always gone? Winner- Sebanovich
Show
Vomit Elemental :B: Creature - Elemental Tap an untapped creature you control: Vomit Elemental gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Other creatures you control don't untap during your untap step. "Drink and feed me, my followers!" 1/1
Signature
As others have said, it has more of a blue feel to it.

However, red would benefit most from it...

In fact, it would be quite devastating when used with either Price of Progress or Sowing Salt.
Yeah, not even. Magus of the Blood Moon says hi too.

Make it blue IMO, it fits it best flavourfully. Blue is all about artifice. 
I think it's interesting that there are currently no Artifact Incarnations;  Do you suppose that would be taboo?  They usually typilfy the ideal they are named for, and most often a very core colour related theme:  Anger is haste, Brawn is trample, Wonder if flying; 

My point being, this isn't entirely a theme any of the colours typically strive towards.  Red hates on non-basic, Blue likes to change things often, and green likes to promote growth typically revolving around "Basic" for mechanical balance as well as the flavor of natural things.  Certainly in a more developed set, this could be more easily placed if you had an idea/theme overall to structure into all the colours, but as a stand alone it could most easily be pushed into artifacts.  I'd say blue is the most likely colour, red really has no business with this IMO, they destroy non-basics, and other such things, but they don't play tricks and make non-basics.  

Also, this ability could be one of those sorts of 'Off key' abilities that go on a green/red card, that are not entirely on their own within the colour's domain, but coupled with the other ability(ies?) on the individual card could be 'Over looked' so to speak.  So in that respect, I could see it on blue, green, or red.  It just needs more justification to be on a green or red card (Like non-basics produce twice the mana, or Whenever a non-basic land comes into play it's controller takes 2 damage or that sort of rot).  
I'd argue that it should be multicolor. It seems to fit in the crack between Blue's manipulation and Red's land-destruction but requires both enough to not be hybrid. Or maybe but it feels like a stretch.

Titivation |
Creature - Incarnation
Lands are non-basic.
2/2
Another point going for blue is leyline of singularity.  Like the leyline, your effect ask from something common to become unique.
worship the horn
Another point going for blue is leyline of singularity.  Like the leyline, your effect ask from something common to become unique.

I'd equate it more to the industrialization or making artificial rather than 'Unique'.  Being non-basic isn't 'Unique' so much as 'Not simple'.  Although unique lands are always non-basic, not every non-basic is unique.

I'd equate it more to the industrialization or making artificial rather than 'Unique'.  Being non-basic isn't 'Unique' so much as 'Not simple'.  Although unique lands are always non-basic, not every non-basic is unique.

it's on its path

basic -------> scarce ---------> unique
worship the horn
WHITE
just kidding, it's blue
I guess I didn't really consider blue as it a) kind of likes to make things islands, and b) I don't really like the 'type change = blue' assumption.

I mean, black has a good history of making other lands Swamps, but I don't think this is a black card.

Having said that, I do think that the link to Leyline of Singularity is relevant, and there's lots of good points up in here now which do lean me more towards blue / red than green / red. I'm clearly awesome at understanding my own cards.
colorless nonartifact c:

actually I think if "artifact creature - incarnation" is allowed, this guy might be a good candidate 
This effect is monoblue imo.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

To be honest, the flavor of the card is lost in me.

However, with other flavoring, I could see this ability on...

[C]Scholarly Explorer[/c]

Creature - Human Mentor
All lands are nonbasic.
[i]"To the ill-educated, many locations look the same. However, after seeing all of those places first hand, I can attest that they are not all the same." -Profressor Frane, Explorer
2/2

Just saying...
I think blue.

COMBO:

-Build a deck with no more than 4 of each basic land
-Play this card
-Call judge on your opponent

:3

(Yes I know that doesn't work.)
I guess I didn't really consider blue as it a) kind of likes to make things islands, and b) I don't really like the 'type change = blue' assumption.

I mean, black has a good history of making other lands Swamps, but I don't think this is a black card.

Having said that, I do think that the link to Leyline of Singularity is relevant, and there's lots of good points up in here now which do lean me more towards blue / red than green / red. I'm clearly awesome at understanding my own cards.

This effect is monoblue imo.

I'm on the same as CKY.  The effect is mono blue.  The answer resides in the reason for interaction with the land.

Red has a long, and still active, histoy of hating on nonbasic lands.

Green cares about the growth and proliferation (not the mechanic) of the wild and thus its method for mana acceleration via land ramping.

Blue on the other hand only cares about the manipulation of lands.  Typically either for control purposes or combo purposes, the way it does it really doesn't seem to matter as long as it manipulates without destroying.

Show
Vomit Elemental :B: Creature - Elemental Tap an untapped creature you control: Vomit Elemental gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Other creatures you control don't untap during your untap step. "Drink and feed me, my followers!" 1/1
Signature
Seems silly, but does anyone know why someone would make / play this card?

It's worded to only affect lands on the battlefield, so all you do is marginally power up cards like Tectonic Edge and some goofy combo with Blood Moon and his buddy. I like cards that do unique things, such as Eon Hub and such, but this one seems too narrow. Just my 2cp.

It reminds me of a card like this:

Master Rogers -
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Banding
Creatures in a band get +1/+1.
1/2

only with much less chance of being beloved. 
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Creatures in a band get +1/+1.

for some reason I thought Iron Maiden had a similar effect to Oubliette and i was going to make AN HILAROUS JOAK but it was not to be
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.

It's worded to only affect lands on the battlefield, so all you do is marginally power up cards like Tectonic Edge and some goofy combo with Blood Moon and his buddy. I like cards that do unique things, such as Eon Hub and such, but this one seems too narrow. Just my 2cp.

It could also acts as a basic land hoser for basic land fetcher and few things like that, but maybe the wording would have to be "Lands in all zones are nonbasic" or something similar.  Also, hoses Imperiosaur.
worship the horn

Back to Basics of course.

Show
Signature