iPad Screenshots

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Everyone! As an exclusive to you, our forum users, we're going to debut some screenshots from the iPad version. So why am I still talking? Check out the screenshots!

Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
looking good. any news on a release date?

And can you give any info on the release date like TimmyBee said? i want to know if it will cost $10 like then older games too

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

These look nice. Very happy to see Indrik Stomphowler by the way.
Deck lists are updated

Skywinder Drake and Kraken Hatchling on blue. Archaeomancer is a new M13 card it seems.

Pyre Charger and Fire Elemental in Chandra's deck. Cant make the out the one in the graveyard though.

Aside from the lifelink vampire, also cant make out the cards for white-black deck.  

I think the vampire has Exalted, and I know the artifact creature is Silent Arbiter.

Kind of cool to see Sleight of Hand.

And did you get Pyre Charger for Chandra's list as well?
I did.

/Microbless, you might as well come clean with Garruk's deck while your at it. Like the last year's reveal of Kiora's deck 

I must say. I am curious about Shandalar reference as well. I hope the game can resemble some parts of the old Shandalar MTG game. 
I don't think there's huge importance on it. Probably to tie into Planechase, the campaign will have the player "hop" to different planes to fight the different opponents. I'm curious about the two regular creature avatars between the planeswalkers in that picture though. Non-playable AI decks?
I don't think it's exalted. It has no remider text, while bloodthirst and scry both did for their core sets.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
On the deck screen for garruk I notice there are 22 unlocks and 10 locked. Does this mean the 40 unlocks is actually 32 with 8 cards to come via expansions?
On the deck screen for garruk I notice there are 22 unlocks and 10 locked. Does this mean the 40 unlocks is actually 32 with 8 cards to come via expansions?

You might be right. This was true with the first set of screens and videos for 2012 as well where some screenshots had the Expansion already included.

I don't think it's exalted. It has no remider text, while bloodthirst and scry both did for their core sets.

Yes, but Duels of the Planeswalkers has "hidden" reminder text on every card. While if it is a M13 card and Exalted returns, the printed card will have reminder text, but the Duels version doesn't need it.

Also, Exalted in Black? What just happened here?

Yes, but Duels of the Planeswalkers has "hidden" reminder text on every card. While if it is a M13 card and Exalted returns, the printed card will have reminder text, but the Duels version doesn't need it.

What is this exalted mechanic and why are you so surprised of that mechanic in a black creature?

What is this exalted mechanic and why are you so surprised of that mechanic in a black creature?

Exalted is a mechanic that reads "whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gains +1/+1 until end of turn." It debuted in Shards of Alara, as the central mechanic of Bant, the shard.
Which picture has sleight of hand in it? That card looks so fun to play with, assuming theres multiple copies in the deck of course.
Which picture has sleight of hand in it? That card looks so fun to play with, assuming theres multiple copies in the deck of course.

It's in Talrand's graveyard (both pictures he's in I think) using the 9th edition art.
Got it, I guess thatll be a card in the non-mill blue deck we get, good notice.

it could also mean 22 are unlocked and not added to the deck, 10 are locked, and 8 are in the deck already.
It says there are 60 cards in the deck currently though.
Nice screenshots! Thanks for posting , Microbless

First picture:
Really cool campaign overview and nice idea with visiting different planes. I guess on every plane you will have to fight your way through the boss, which is a Planeswalker (in this case Garruk). The first guy seems to be a Planeswalker, too though since you can also see him on other screenshots.

What kind of plane is represented on the second pic? Is it Innistrad? I really hope so! Third one looks like Ravnica I guess.

Second picture:
So many good cards, I posted more about this on the actual Pack Instinct thread.

Thrid picture:
I really like the mono :U: deck so far.  [C]Fire Elemental[/C] from Chandra's deck is boring though.

Fourth picture:
Similar background like in 2012. Looks pretty nice, like it. I wonder what Player Status is. By the way is this Naya in the background?

Fifth picture:
Cool synergy with Exalted and [C]Silent Arbiter[/C].

Overall I really like what I see. The decks look promising and fresh and the ones with old themes are well done this time (Pack Instinct )

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Exalted is a mechanic that reads "whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gains +1/+1 until end of turn." It debuted in Shards of Alara, as the central mechanic of Bant, the shard.

Thanks for your answer

Can you please tell us if there are plans to make a PS VITA verison in the future?  I dont have a VITA yet but will be getting one eventually and having MAGIC playable on the VITA would be great.
It says there are 60 cards in the deck currently though.

You know what though? In all honesty if there's 8 Expansion cards hidden in the core game (regrettable and annoying, but whatever, it's standard in gaming nowadays) that means we're guaranteed either 2 expansions with 4 cards per deck, or one expansion with 8 cards per deck. Being that it's twice as many unlocks as in '12, which was foremost far and above everything else on my DotP want list, I think it's something I can live with.

Considering you'll ultimately have to play the game nearly 800 times just to unlock evreything (assuming the usual 19 decks overall), you'll be playing '13 more than you ever had to play '12. Assuming 5-10 minute games, that averages out to about 40 hours of gameplay just in the core game. Not bad for $10.

Overall, pros vs. cons, I'm okay with that going in.
Looking good, first glimpses of the land art for M13 in the background I'm betting!

As they have said they will print new cards with old keywords for Planechase etc. I wouldn't be shocked if there is another 'multiplayer' product that this steals cards from.  Exhalted is simple enough to be core, and links in well to the Loner theme but seems an odd choice if the main theme is rainbow cards.

I'm guessing we will see.  Eitherway this would be day one for me on iPhone 4S, but I'll stick to Xbox (and maybe PC/Mac) as I don't have an iPad. 
Excellent, thanks for the screenshots.

The new game looks fairly similar to the old one, but the old one was such fun that I don't think this is a bad thing.

Hey guys! Some of you have speculated, and today I’m here with a new screenshot for you.

Yup! In Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, you now have a proper End Step! 

For those new to Duels and/or Magic, the end step is one final step after the main phase that more advanced players will enjoy. This will allow them to use instants, search for things and do more before the next turn. This is particularly useful with cards like Evolving Wild which lets you search for a basic land. With the End Step, I could do this at the end of my opponents turn now and have my land ready to go for my turn.

Enjoy! 

Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
Sweet, this will make a big difference. No more White Sun's Zenith getting swept away at the end of your opponents turn.

Hey guys! Some of you have speculated, and today I’m here with a new screenshot for you.

For those new to Duels and/or Magic, the end step is one final step after the main phase that more advanced players will enjoy. This will allow them to use instants, search for things and do more before the next turn. This is particularly useful with cards like Evolving Wild which lets you search for a basic land. With the End Step, I could do this at the end of my opponents turn now and have my land ready to go for my turn.

Enjoy! 

cool the end step is great and dont be afraid to put up more screenshots, also do u think u can tell us what the unlockable amount of cards is going to be (32 or 40 unlocks per deck) or how the ranking system online in this game will work Smile

Enjoy! 

Thats it, you just sold me the game.  Officially excited now, only a game cripling amount of bugs could turn me off at this point!
This pleases me greatly!
Good news.

I wish there were less rehashed cards from old Duels', though. 
Yes, every card in the red players hand in that screenshot is a reprint from 2012. Beginning to get a little frustrated by this. 
End step! Awesome! This just keeps getting better and better.

... I would buy it twice if there was a PS Vita version of it! I would even buy a Vita - earlier than planned - due to this. Don't make me buy an Ipad, please 

Now just tell us when we can start sending money your way Cool 
End step! Awesome! This just keeps getting better and better.

... I would buy it twice if there was a PS Vita version of it! I would even buy a Vita - earlier than planned - due to this. Don't make me buy an Ipad, please 

Now just tell us when we can start sending money your way Cool 

Yeah.. I'm really happy to see the end step implemented, I was beginning to think that was going to be the selling point of 2014 much like manual land tapping is for 2013!
I may have to buy this for both steam and xbox.

WOTC, please tell us when we can start sending money your way!
Hello guys,

I'm new here and have been followed this forum since the release of Magic 2012 last summer.

After watching the new pics I can say that I will definitely buy the 2013 version of the game.
Well, to be honest, I would have bought it anyway Smile.

Sorry for my english if it's not free of mistakes..Thank you.
What would you rather have? A bunch of "new" cards, or synergy? (Or can we even dare to hope for both?)
Well...I was on the verge of buying an iPad anyway and the announcement that Duels 2013 will be an iPad app pushes me over the top.  

Although, I'll miss playing it on the the giant flat screen, I'll gain being able to take it on the road when the PS3 is not accesable. Since I'm a Mac ower, I could never use the Steam version on my laptop (and don't play games on my laptop that aren't natively supported).
Nice.  I'm glad the community is getting some of the things they have been asking for. 

Please hurry up and put this game out.  I started a Magic Online account yesterday to get my fix and I'll be broke within a month, lol.
Excellent news about the end step! I honestly was not expecting that at all in this iteration. This is a great surprise!
Excellent news about the end step! I honestly was not expecting that at all in this iteration. This is a great surprise!

To be fair, it's not real Magic without it.
We're getting screenshots!  This is fantastic