Last post

Ajani's lifegain deck from Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013:

Core deck:

x1 Cathedral Sanctifier
x1 Goldenglow Moth
x1 Serra Ascendant
x2 Soul Warden
x2 Ajani's Pridemate
x1 Ajani's Sunstriker ( Cat Cleric, 2/2 Lifelink)
x2 Lone Missionary
x3 Kemba's Skyguard 
x1 Slith Ascendant 
x2 Kor Cartographer
x1 Peace Strider
x2 Seraph of Dawn 
x1 Archon of Redemption 
x1 Celestial Force 

x1 Ajani's Mantra 
x1 Angel's Feather
x2 Divine Favor
x1 Moment of Heroism
x2 Pearl Medallion
x1 Loxodon Warhammer
x2 Solemn Offering 
x1 White Sun's Zenith 
x1 Chastise 
x1 Landbind Ritual 
x1 Celestial Mantle 

Unlocks (5 is known yet):

x1 Serra Ascendant
x1 Rhox Faithmender (3 Rhino Monk, 1/5 Lifelink, If you would gain life, you gain twice that much life instead)
x1 Baneslayer Angel
x1 Felidar Sovereign 
x1 Celestial Mantle

More unlocks coming:
Day of Judgment
Purity

I won't be surprised if this deck contains a copy of [C]Serra Ascendant[/C] or even [C]Felidar Sovereign[/C].

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Its good to see the medallion/mox's make it into this game. It gives the slower decks that little bit of a chance.
for the love of the universe  not another  aura deck    i hate d12  because of  the auromancer deck  makes  two headed giant  not fun
for the love of the universe  not another  aura deck    i hate d12  because of  the auromancer deck  makes  two headed giant  not fun

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit? Out of the cards revealed, there is one Aura. An Aura that feeds into the lifegain strategy of the deck so far at that. And mono-White has one card with hexproof, and it only has it situationally. (A few cards that give you hexproof though.)

Anyways, seeing Pearl Medallion is awesome! Need to see if it has the cards to turn that life gain into a win condition, though at least most of it's incidental so far.

Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Play against Aurachancer with Blue. Repulse, cancel and curfew your way to victory. AM gets spanked by blue.

Double decking grave whispers, thats a 2HG killer.  
You can add to your decklist: Soul Warden, Divine FavorSolemn Offering and White Sun's Zenith
Wait, where do you get those cards from? Screens/vids?
Wait, where do you get those cards from? Screens/vids?

Screens form this address:

www.examiner.com/slideshow/duels-of-the-...

I see a Lone Missionary in there aswell.
Same screenshot, I see an Archon of Redemption
I see a Lone Missionary in there aswell.

And Archon of Redemption.

Wow...this deck is going to be a serious b***h too. almost every card makes you gain life...
Added all the suggestions, along with Ajani's Pridemate. He is on the left in the board with one counter.
...and my friends, this is why we have a milling deck. Unless of course this deck has a win condition card that involves having 40 life *cough*.
Hooray, lifegain.dec! Can't say I'm a complete fan... could be quite annoying to duel against.

A nice selection of cards so far though.
WHAT? Celestial Mantle is terrifying! Never seen that card before. So all you have to do is enchant an unblockable creature (probably easier in 2HG from your partner) or something with Intimidate, landwalk or any sort of evasion, and ... that's it. Double your life total? that's nuts!

On a different subject, what would happen to cards that require you to have X amount of life to do something (i.e. Serra Ascendant) when you play 2HG and you already have a buffed life total? It would suck to play a (W) 6/6 flying on the first turn. Your opponent would be like "but I haven't even played my first land!"

Wait for a couple of turns more and with so much life gain, a 2HG double decking Celestial Light could win by easily reaching 40 lifes. That is, assuming such a card enables it ¬_¬, or could both have a first turn 6/6 flyer each!! Hope this isn't the case Cry
I guess these kinds of creatures use the team lifetotal now. So a Serra Ascendant would be a 6/6 flying, lifelink on turn 1. I'm assuming it will not be in Duels 2013 because of this.
Celestial Mantle seems to be a 2hg only cadd for me. Maybe not even that. I dont't like having to tap out for an aura since they are so fragile. I can almost guarentee it won't make my final cut of this deck.
I will use Celestial Mantle because it's hilarious. Can't wait screw someone over with that one ha ha!
@Bishop87
You bring up a good point though. I hope we get multiple save files this time so I can have decks built for all modes and not have to swap out every time.
I hope we see a few more flying creatures. I'd be a little sad with Kemba's Skyguard as the only creature to interact with Archon of Redemption (besides itself).

Cloudshift also seems like a decent fit for this deck too.
Lifegain everywhere. I guess mono red burn will have a hard time against this deck. Glad to see [C]Solemn Offering[/C]. Enchantment/Artifact removal is always good.

Chandra's Deck should have some Punishing Fire for this honestly, I don't see how else it can win.
My first impression of this deck is that it's too dependent on Ajani Pridemate. If the Ajani Pridemates are taken out, this deck lacks tools to win the game. And it's unlikely they'll include Serra Ascendant or Felidar Sovereign in the decklist because of their broken interactions with multiplayer formats either.
My first impression of this deck is that it's too dependent on Ajani Pridemate. If the Ajani Pridemates are taken out, this deck lacks tools to win the game. And it's unlikely they'll include Serra Ascendant or Felidar Sovereign in the decklist because of their broken interactions with multiplayer formats either.

It's a bit premature. We only have 12 known cards. That's barely a quarter of the main deck, not to mention unlockables.
Pretty sure you'll feel differently if it has stuff like Baneslayer Angel or equipment.
Yeah, throw in some equipment, and those Kemba's Skyguards can seal a game away on their own. I also expect to see an evasive endgame to make Archon of Redemption better.
On a different subject, what would happen to cards that require you to have X amount of life to do something (i.e. Serra Ascendant) when you play 2HG and you already have a buffed life total? It would suck to play a (W) 6/6 flying on the first turn. Your opponent would be like "but I haven't even played my first land!"

Wait for a couple of turns more and with so much life gain, a 2HG double decking Celestial Light could win by easily reaching 40 lifes. That is, assuming such a card enables it ¬_¬, or could both have a first turn 6/6 flyer each!! Hope this isn't the case Cry

Cards like Serra Ascendant or Heartless Hidetsugu use team life totals in 2HG. So yes you can have a turn one 6/6 life-linking flier or a completely terrifying ability at 5 mana (got an even numbered life total? You die).

I actually wouldn't mind these 2HG power cards in some of the decks. It would be nice to spread out which decks are at the top over the different formats (and I really want Serra Ascendant in the game).
A turn one 6/6 flying lifelink is definitely unfair and should not be in this game or at least not in 2HG.

A turn one 6/6 flying lifelink is definitely unfair and should not be in this game or at least not in 2HG.

I agree, that's almost a guaranteed hit if it lands on turn 1 because there usually aren't that many early removal spells in the game. Besides a Shock to the face and hope you can block or use another cheaper removal spell? Just getting one hit with Serra Ascendant to spread the lifetotals by 12 points can be enough to seal a game away that early. Looks too strong for this game because of 2HG.
This decks seems like it could be a good fit for as lot of Avacyn Restored cards.

Restoration Angel being the best fit with the other cards so far.
Cards like Serra Ascendant or Heartless Hidetsugu use team life totals in 2HG. So yes you can have a turn one 6/6 life-linking flier or a completely terrifying ability at 5 mana (got an even numbered life total? You die).

I actually wouldn't mind these 2HG power cards in some of the decks. It would be nice to spread out which decks are at the top over the different formats (and I really want Serra Ascendant in the game).

Wait. You can OHKO a 2HG with the single ability from Heartless Hidetsugu? That would have to be the cheesiest way to victory. This would easily get out of control, and that's why they won't add these kinds of cards when there's a 2HG structure. I'm amazed at all the crazy cards out there I didn't know about. 

Definitely want to see what else this deck will hold in terms of finishers or more defining winning strategies outside the "I'll bore you to death and make you quit since you can't defeat my million lives". 
If u have 50 life and your opponent has 20 life, Heartless Hidetsugu will do 25 damage to you and 10 damage to your opponent.
If u have 50 life and your opponent has 20 life, Heartless Hidetsugu will do 25 damage to you and 10 damage to your opponent.

Ok, but in a 2HG scenario, would me and my partner lose 25 life each, as in, dying? Or is it something along the line of me losing 25, my partner losing 12 (rounded down), if it doesn't resolve at the same time. Would both 2HG players (i.e. 4 players total) just die in a single move if they had even life totals? That would be ludicrous.

Anyway, back on topic, perhaps Victory's Herald would be a nice finisher, and two nice additions I'd consider would be Emeria Angel and probably Vengeful Archon. We could have an archon/angel deck potential, ravaging with flyers.
Possibilities:

1) These cards exist in 2HG and would be game breaking for the gamemode.

2) Planechase multiplayer "replaced" 2HG and there is no more of it. (meh)

3) Some cards are or will be restricted in 2HG.

4) We are wrong about the cards existing in the decks in the first place. (example, they are for trailer purposes only, or in challenge mode.)

I don't see the "problem cards" on the first posting, so maybe they weren't 100% confirmed yet who knows.

@Brodo's next post, agreed. I think the deck should have plenty of fliers, the deck seems like it has great potential to cause some rage quitting lol
I'd love to see Emeria Angel return. One of my personal favorite angels and it would be pretty fun to use alongside the Soul Warden and Archon of Redemption.
You can add Kor Cartographer to the list. Strange choice for this deck...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

That is an odd choice. Perhaps a Landbind Ritual is somewhere in the deck? I don't know, but I'd expect the land to matter somehow. It could be that the deck is a little more top heavy than we realize. Pearl Medallion is in the deck, right? So maybe this deck wants to be reaching 6+ mana fairly consistently.
This deck needs more win-conditions. Felidar Sovereign is probably too powerfull, but I think it's ok to have only 1. Test of Endurance should be included as well. But, after some search, I think the most interesting (and funnier) win-con a deck like this can have is Celestial Convergence.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

If you look at the last picture (20 of 20) on the facebook page for "Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013" you'll see what appears to be this deck packing both Purity and Loxodon Warhammer in a Planechase match.  Both fit the theme of this deck, and also happen to be awesome.  Sweet!
If you look at the last picture (20 of 20) on the facebook page for "Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013" you'll see what appears to be this deck packing both Purity and Loxodon Warhammer in a Planechase match.  Both fit the theme of this deck, and also happen to be awesome.  Sweet!

Can you give us some links, friend? I can't find this facebook page...

Sign In to post comments