Plant Token Deck

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
So the people I play mtg with focus on edh.  But I have a casual deck with lots of 1x's and tutors so I'd like to convert it into EDH.  I have 2 requirements:
1.  It must revolve around making plant tokens.
2.  It must revolve around doing crazy things with those plant tokens.

So I'll need lots of land tutors to fetch khalni garden and lots of creature tutors to fetch everything else.  Avenger of zendikar is the only other source of plant tokens, but other cards multiply existing tokens.  I'll also take suggestions on good [manacost]UGW[/manacost] mana generators and a good [manacost]UGW[/manacost] general.  Or a link to a mana base guide would be helpful.  Backup token tricks are okay as long as the plant tokens stay and everything that works with certain tokens works with plant tokens too.

Here's the unconverted casual decklist:

Nonbasic land tutors I know of:
Crop Rotation
Primeval Titan
Reap and Sow
Sylvan Scrying
Weathered Wayfarer

Creature Tutors I know of:
Birthing Pod
Chord of Calling
Altar of Bone
Congregation at Dawn
Eladamri's Call
Green Sun's Zenith
Natural Order
Survival of the Fittest
Sylvan Tutor
Time of Need
Worldly Tutor

You understand you can only use 1 of's ever thing except basic lands like forest, plains, islands? You Need to be more specific cause I'll help but not waste time doing the gatherer searches
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
You need to make a basic list, we shouldn't have to make the entire deck for you.
I'm only looking for card ideas.
Than out that in you thread titel. Search on gatherer for plants and tokens
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
For commanders, Jenara, Asura of War and Rafiq of the Many are two of the best in Bant colors. Neither particularly fits your plant theme, but really no commander is going to. Arcades Sabboth would help your plants, but he's beastly expensive for little gain.

I'm not sure why you are focused on plant tokens. But as long as that's your fetish, perhaps you have a place for Wall of Kelp.

Parallel Lives for a few dollars and Doubling Season for the less budget minded would both help you. Doubling Season even moreso if you use Jenara as a commander. 

Hour of Reckoning and Austere Command for board sweepers.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

There are also Plant creatures (like Phytohydra, that could fill out your theme a little.  Also, some elementals are very plant-ey, like Ivy Elemental
Rith, the awakener is about the only general i know that can make plants.
Ghave, Guru of Spores has no problem making those tokens.  Though Saprolings are apparently some sort of fungus, not a plant.
Ghave, Guru of Spores has no problem making those tokens.  Though Saprolings are apparently some sort of fungus, not a plant.

ah yes ghave can't believe i forgot about him, and remembered that stupid plant dragon.