4e Factotum

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know that this has likely been done a dozen times, but I couldn't find any that seemed to work, so I came up with my own. It seems like it would work to allow you to step into any roll at least momentarily, which was the intention of the original factotum. I would like feedback on the mechanics, I'm unsure about the controller effects and the utility powers, but I feel the rest is o.k., but anything that may improve it will be taken into account. I'm still tweaking with the low level balance and have some things in the works for paragon and beyond, but they aren't refined as of yet.

Factotum

CLASS TRAITS

Role: Any. You can step into any role, at least for a moment
Power Source: Arcane/Divine/Martial. You have dabbled in just about everything, playing with magic, praying to the entire panthion, and utilizing your cunning in combat.
Key Abilities: Intelligence; Wisdom

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather, hide, chainmail; light shields.
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged, one military weapon of your choice
Implement: Wand, Holy Symbol
Bonus to Defense: +1 Reflex, +1 Will.

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12+ Constitution Score.
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges per Day: 7+ Constitution Modifier.

Trained Skills: Any 4, all skills are class skills.

Class features: Cunning Combatant, Brains over Brawn, Inspiration, Arcane Reserves, Divine Reserves.

Cunning Combatant: You may use Intelligence instead of Strength for your Melee Basic Attack and Damage rolls. 

Brains over Brawn: You may add your intelligence modifier in place of your strength or dexterity modifiers to skills based off of strength or dexterity.

Inspiration: You gain two uses of the Inspiration power. You gain additional uses at third, seventh and thirteenth, for a maximum total of five uses per encounter. 

Arcane Reserves: at the specified levels, you may choose any arcane encounter attack power of the specified level that you may use as a daily power. You may use intelligence for attack and damage rolls instead of the normal ability for the powers. To use the power, you must expend one use of your Inspiration power. You may only have three known arcane encounter attack powers at a time that you may use as dailies.

Level of Power          Level Gained          Level Replaced
               1                              1                                 -
               3                              5                                 -
               7                              9                                 -
              13                           15                                1
              17                           19                                5
              23                           25                                9
              29                           27                               15

Divine Reserves: You gain the channel divinity class feature and the cleric's Turn Undead channel divinity power. You may only use one channel divinity power per encounter. To use a channel divinity power, you must expend one use of your Inspiration power.

Utility Powers: When you would gain a utility power, you may choose any rogue or bard utility power of the appropriate level. 

Inspiration
Encounter - Minor Action
Choose one of the following effects:
  *Defender Effect: You mark the next creature you target with your Melee Basic Attack until the end of your next turn. While the target is marked and adjacent, if they shift or make an attack that does not include you as a target you may make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt. You can sustain the mark as a minor action.
  *Striker Effect: You may deal 2+your wisdom modifier extra damage vs creatures granting you combat advantage. Increase to 4+your wisdom modifer vs bloodied creatures granting you combat advantage. This effect lasts until the end of your next turn. You can sustain this effect as a minor action.
  *Controller Effect: You may choose to daze or immobilize the next creature you target with a basic attack until the end of your next turn.
  *Controller Effect: Your basic attacks before the end of your next turn can add one of the following effects on a hit: slide 2, prone, slowed until the end of your next turn. This effect can be sustained as a minor action.
  *Leader Effect: You or an ally within five squares of you may spend a healing surge and regain (by tier) 1d6/2d6/3d6 addition hit points. You may not use this particular effect more than twice per encounter until level 16 at which point you may use it up to three times per encounter.
  *Leader Effect: Until the end of your next turn you may spend a standard action to allow an ally within 5 squares of you to make a basic attack against a creature within ten squares of you. You may sustain this effect as a minor action.
  *Skill Effect: You may add your intelligence modifier as a power bonus to your next skill check before the end of your next turn.
Special: You may only use this power once per round; if you use this power again while sustaining an effect, that effect ends immediately and is replaced with whatever effect you choose. 
yoinked
yoinked as well