Fogwalker

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone; I've been trying this deck and it's such a fun thing to play; would appreciate any suggestions:

25 Lands:

4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Seachrome Coast
4x Glacial Fortress
1x Hinterland Harbor
2x Moorland Haunt (not too convinced on these...)
2x Evolving Wilds
4x Plains
3x Island
1x Forest

8 Creatures:

4x Snapcaster Mage
4x Stonehorn Dignitary

5 Planeswalkers:

2x Venser, the Sojourner
3x Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

22 Spells:

4x Fog
4x Clinging Mists
4x Feeling of Dread
4x Temporal Mastery
4x Day of Judgment
1x Terminus
1x White Sun's Zenith

Sideboard:

1x Terminus
1x Ray of Revelation
3x Divine Deflection
2x Batterskull
3x Surgical Extraction
3x Naturalize
2x Oblivion Ring

It's been running very smooth, not that it is a killer deck, but it works fine. White Sun's really shines, it's so much better than angels in this particular deck.
so do you just try to deck them? aside from the zenith.
the goal is to ultimate a walker, which happens very often; most people just concede after that. Most games i get to pull off a at least one big unexpected zenith though.
Temporal Mastery seems a little weird, since I tend to think of Turbofog as a Stasis deck, and you often want to give your opponent extra turns, not yourself, but I don't think it's actually bad here. Indeed, I think it could actually be better here than elsewhere in the format.

To make real use out of it, though, you need Rites of Flourishing; turbofog decks really need a steady stream of fuel or you risk missing one or two turns of fogging and then you're dead. It doesn't matter that you make it symmetric, because ultimately they can't actually use the extra resources.

So, I would go with something like:

4 Hinterland Harbor
3 Glacial Fortress
2 Seachrome Coast
2 Razorverge Thicket
2 Sunpetal Grove
4 Forest
4 Island
2 Plains

4 Rites of Flourishing
1 Otherworldly Atlas
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Stonehorn Dignitary
4 Temporal Mastery

3 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 Gideon Jura
2 Venser, the Sojourner

4 Fog
4 Clinging Mists
4 other fogs or Noxious Revivals
1 Dissipate
1 Entreat the Angels/Blue Sun's Zenith/Jace, Memory Adept.

Something like that. You don't care so much about sweepers against most decks (SB some DoJ, Terminus, and Timely Reinforcements for Aggro), so the focus is just on lockdown. As a win condition, either Entreat the Angels (since you can pop into it midgame and just destroy the opponent, or just hold it in hand until late game when all your extra lands let you cast it big) or Blue Sun's Zenith (I prefer this, because you can use it to dig for Fogs early and then just mill your opponent out late game and keep recycling this to prevent milling out yourself), or Jace for similar reasons to USZ (only he fills in as an extra Atlas/Flourishings).
Sign In to post comments