An Unfinished Tank

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello.  I've recently begun playing A&Aminis and have been buying both singles and the occasional booster pack.  I've recently pulled my first, um, misprint out of a case of North Africa: a not fully assembled Panzer IV Tank Commander.

What exactly is wrong with him you ask?  Well, from the looks of it the turret is there, but missing its top half.  The bottom half is still there and seems to properly rotate left and right as a tank turret should.  The cannon barrel is still there and seems to be solidly attached.  It even has the figure of the little Panzer Commander himself who's supposed to be sticking up out of the open tank hatch except that there's no tank hatch around him because the top half of the tank's turret is missing. Cry

Now the piece is still useable, I guess, but it sure looks awkward.  I've given it to a friend who's getting into the game too and building a German army, and I told him I'd try asking around online to see if anyone has any ideas of what we could do to fix it.

I know that the set has been out of print for a year or more, otherwise I'd just ask WotC Customer Service for help.  Since that's unfortunately not an option anymore, I wondered if maybe there are any A&AM fans out there who might have a piece to fix the tank with or a suggestion?  Maybe you've gotten some broken or misassembled pieces in boosters before, and might have an extra top half of a Commander driven Panzer !V that you no longer need?  Or maybe you know of someone who's cut up a lot of their extra pieces in the past for making customs and maybe they have some extra panzer turrets lying around? 

Yeah, I know we're mostly just out of luck, but I still figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Sorry for your misfortune. To inquire about a replacement piece scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us" from there click the Customer service link and let them know what happened.They can let you know if they still have the stock to fix the problem.

Cheers
Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Greybird,

Customer service has a good track record if not a bit slow. Even if it the set is out of print I'm sure they will make it worth your effort.

My self and others have received replacement pieces and an addition "For your trouble" rare included. The last piece I sent in they only required me to send in the card. (War at Sea aircraft)

Contact them, I'm sure the will help you out. If not please PM me with details and the WOTC associates name.

GW
Your Avalon Hill VCL 0c9b9c4639e3c9294f5e1f424cee47a3.jpg?v=42600
Thanks for the replies guys!  I feel fairly silly now though.  The friend I gave it to has compared it to pictures he found online, and says that's the finished model.   So I guess I was a bit of an idiot, but I swear that I thought the roof of the turret was missing.  I'd never seen a picture of any WWII tank before that had a turret that looks like the one the North Africa Panzer Commander is riding.  Ah well.  Ugh.  Sorry for wasting your time!
LOL, we likely should of picked on that up also. No harm done.

Cheers
Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Well they always replace defectives at least. On the bright side you got a really good vehicle. The Panzer IV ausf H commander is pretty great. Much more luck thatn what I've had with North Africa. I got two german half tracks, a german motorcycle, a german car, an italian conscript, an american untested recruit, a greek infantry, and greek officer all in three sets. All of the worst pieces in the set, the rest I got were garbage too.
Sign In to post comments