[Dungeon!] Reprinted in October

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm excited about the press release about the fact that Dungeon! is going to be reprinted next October.

I played the original (purple box) game back in the 1970's and it was a blast. With some of the added rules from Dragon magazine (which were integrated into the rules for "New" Dungeon and "Classic" Dungeon) it becomes even more fun. Simple rules, classic characters and monsters, and a lot of fun for kids.

I wish they would show more pictures of the components, etc, for the game. I'd like to know how much it resembles an earlier edition (and which one) or if they are going in a totally new direction with the game.

Anyone else play Dungeon! ?

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Where did you see this at?

Celebrate our differences.

Excellent, thanks.

The price point makes me think this is going to be of sub-par production value.  Would love to see this redone in high quality.

Celebrate our differences.

Excellent, thanks.

The price point makes me think this is going to be of sub-par production value.  Would love to see this redone in high quality.

Agreed. A $20 price tag does make it sound a lot like the original in terms of production value, with tiny cardboard cards and so on. I'd like to see a game with plastic minis ala Castle Ravenloft and the other D&D board games. I know this would add to the cost, but it would be so cool! :-)

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Count me in as one of those looking forward to this. I loved this game as a kid and now my little boy's a good age for this.

I really hope Wizards goes through with this. 
I was incredibly excited about this release.  I played this game back in the very late 70's as a kid and recently tracked down an unpinched copy of the 1979 version on the game to play with my daughter when she gets older.  When I saw the price point my heart sank a bit.  At $20.00 I wonder what can be in the box, in addition the box looks small.  I went ahead and pre-ordered hoping it turns out well.
Just picked it up at the local brick and mortar.

Very nice edition. Yes it's all cardboard peices, but they look fantastic and the dungeon itself is awesome looking. Just like the old version but with cardboard tokens instead of plastic pieces for the players.

The classes have also changed again to reflect 4e - Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Cleric.

Rules seem to be the same, but it's been a long long time since I played this and I don't have my old version any more.

Can't wait to play with my young kids.