// Sideboard
SB: 1 [INN] Liliana of the Veil
SB: 2 [INN] Bloodline Keeper
SB: 2 [CS] Flashfreeze
SB: 4 [CHK] Distress
SB: 2 [DKA] Gruesome Discovery
SB: 2 [NPH] Sword of War and Peace
SB: 2 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine

Zombies finally have a playable two drop - Blood Artist. This deck can do some pretty insane things, but curving from Gravecrawler into Blood Artist into Diregraf Captain into Phyrexian Obliterator is just nuts. I've had a game where I drew three Blood Artists, a Diregraf Ghoul, and a Gravecrawler with an Image copying a Blood Artist; you can basically just chump block with Gravecrawler indefinitely, causing 8 point life swings every time. With a Mortarpod, it's even more insane.

You can cut the blue, optionally; -8 duals, +8 Swamp, -4 Captain, -2 Image, +3 Cemetary Reaper, +3 Lashwrithe, but I prefer to have the Captains, personally. 

Finally! A better looking list of Kamikaze zombies. Frank Lepore made a list similar trying to feed the Blood Artist and Captains but seemed to miss the insane synergy of mortarpod in his list.
I like it and this seems where zombies need to be heading to be relevant.
I think the list is tight and about as good as it will get.
Blue White CONTROL
May I ask why you chose to run Phyrexian Metamorph as a 1 of when you are in blue and already running 2x Phantasmal Image? Just curious.

Also, Gravecrawler can't block.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
[CARD]Gruesome Discovery[/CARD]? Undecided

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Its hard to remember crawler can't block. I have seen many players who play the deck all the time forget that crawler can't block , I think its where we as players have gotten used to using our little guys to chump block so much that we tend to forget that fine print on crawler sometimes.
Either way though Crawler with a blood artist and Captain or 2 can cause major life point swings it doesn't matter.
Blue White CONTROL
May I ask why you chose to run Phyrexian Metamorph as a 1 of when you are in blue and already running 2x Phantasmal Image? Just curious.

Lol, we both missed the Can't block clause.

Oh well, just crash it in every turn.

I have the Metamorph because it's useful to have a clone that doesn't die to enemy ability lands, and copying things like Birthing Pod, equipment etc. comes in useful on occasion.

Gruesome Discovery is solid tech against ramp decks. 

Lol, we both missed the Can't block clause.

Oh well, just crash it in every turn.

I have the Metamorph because it's useful to have a clone that doesn't die to enemy ability lands, and copying things like Birthing Pod, equipment etc. comes in useful on occasion.

I figured as much, was just curious is all. Definitely seems like it has potential.

I am also a bit intrigued by your choice of Gruesome Discovery in the SB. The deck certainly shouldn't have any problems activating Morbid though, so it might not be too bad. I can only assume it is there for the WRR matchup? If that is the case, would it not be better to run something like Memoricide in its place?
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Not to mention copying a Sword of War and Peace.
My girlfriend would always make it difficult for me to win if I played Batterskull in Delver(like Delver did at one point)by copying my Batterskull and just gaining life because of it. Or just copy a Geist...
I think maybe one more Phantasmal Image would be nice though now that I think of it.
Blue White CONTROL
Undefeated after 6 matches. This deck is sickening.

What are you playing against?

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

What are you playing against?

In no particular order:
Naya Pod (2-0)
RW Humans/Tokens (2-0)
RW Humans/Tokens (2-1)
Delver (1-0, then he left)
Mono-Green Something (saw mana dorks, swords, Strangleroot Geist and Forests) (2-0)
UW Control (I think; he didn't play much besides Mana Leak and Ponder) (1-0, left).
Out of curiosity whats lilys contribution overall? Every time I see a pair of her I just see a hard to defend target, or a edict that spends resources, when a plain removal would work for the amount of times you would probably use her.
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
She is hard to defend when your zombies come into play tapped. Regardless, do you feel zombies are viable in this environment?
My only question now is how did you sideboard for each game (if necessary at all). I'm looking into building this deck. just need the obliterators.

// Lands

15 [COM] Swamp (4)
4 [M12] Drowned Catacomb
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores

// Creatures
4 [INN] Diregraf Ghoul
4 [AVR] Blood Artist
4 [DKA] Geralf's Messenger
4 [DKA] Diregraf Captain
2 [M12] Phantasmal Image
2 [NPH] Phyrexian Obliterator
1 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
4 [DKA] Gravecrawler

// Spells
2 [INN] Liliana of the Veil
3 [MBS] Mortarpod
3 [NPH] Geth's Verdict
4 [DKA] Tragic Slip

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [INN] Liliana of the Veil
SB: 4 [CHK] Distress
SB: 2 [DKA] Gruesome Discovery

Zombies finally have a playable two drop - Blood Artist. This deck can do some pretty insane things, but curving from Gravecrawler into Blood Artist into Diregraf Captain into Phyrexian Obliterator is just nuts. I've had a game where I drew three Blood Artists, a Diregraf Ghoul, and a Gravecrawler with an Image copying a Blood Artist; you can basically just chump block with Gravecrawler indefinitely, causing 8 point life swings every time. With a Mortarpod, it's even more insane.

You can cut the blue, optionally; -8 duals, +8 Swamp, -4 Captain, -2 Image, +3 Cemetary Reaper, +3 Lashwrithe, but I prefer to have the Captains, personally. 

My poor Naya Pod deck got chewed up by this deck last week. It is scary how quickly the life loss can stack up. It turns the very popular Strangleroot Geist into a liability. It's tricky to decide Liliana's place in the deck. I've always wanted to run her, but I think running some Go for the Throat or even Killing Wave would be more useful here.
Liliana is here just as a slightly-better-Edict that converts a dead draw into another Edict. Most of the time she just goes -2,+1,-2.

However, against Control or when sitting behind a wall of Zombie blockers, you can often dump out your hand and keep +1ing to put their hand under pressure and then anti-FoF.

You don't have to run her - if you were to replace her, I'd go with Go For The Throat, I think.

I don't have a proper sideboard plan yet; I've just been adjusting things on the fly after G1. 
I'd like to throw together a version of this of my own, but I don't have any Geralf's Messenger or Phyrexian Obliterator , and I'm on a tight budget. Any ideas for  substitutes until I can get them?

I'm also lacking a copy of Lili, but I can just sub in Vess for her, hey?
I'd like to throw together a version of this of my own, but I don't have any Geralf's Messenger or Phyrexian Obliterator , and I'm on a tight budget. Any ideas for  substitutes until I can get them?

I'm also lacking a copy of Lili, but I can just sub in Vess for her, hey?

No; for a start, Liliana Vess isn't currently Standard legal, and at 5 mana with no mechanism to protect herself/act as removal she's not a suitable sub. If you can't get her, just use Go For The Throat or an extra Geth's Verdict or something, you won't notice much different.

Obliterator can be substituted with Bloodline Keeper, or some other four drop; ideally, it's just a big standalone beater who can win the game by himself after your Zombies have softened them up early. Even Cemetary Reaper could go in his place, just to add some more Lord action.

Messenger is much harder to replace - I don't think there are any really suitable replacements in the format, so you should prioritise obtaining them over the Liliana/Obliterator (Messenger playsets can be found on eBay for ~$25). Far too many games are won on the basis of Messenger grinding (I especially like going Messenger - Clone, Captain, block with Clone, Undying triggers, come back as a Captain, block with Messenger), and it's just such a brutal guy to curve into on Turn 3.

No; for a start, Liliana Vess isn't currently Standard legal, and at 5 mana with no mechanism to protect herself/act as removal she's not a suitable sub. If you can't get her, just use Go For The Throat or an extra Geth's Verdict or something, you won't notice much different.

Obliterator can be substituted with Bloodline Keeper, or some other four drop; ideally, it's just a big standalone beater who can win the game by himself after your Zombies have softened them up early. Even Cemetary Reaper could go in his place, just to add some more Lord action.

Messenger is much harder to replace - I don't think there are any really suitable replacements in the format, so you should prioritise obtaining them over the Liliana/Obliterator (Messenger playsets can be found on eBay for ~$25). Far too many games are won on the basis of Messenger grinding (I especially like going Messenger - Clone, Captain, block with Clone, Undying triggers, come back as a Captain, block with Messenger), and it's just such a brutal guy to curve into on Turn 3.

Ah. I forgot the Liliana Vess wasn't Standard anymore. Ah, well, I do have plenty of Go For the Throats. As for Messenger, I can look about, but I sincerely doubt I'll find a set within my very small price range. I may have to wait on this one to go down a bit. -shrugs- We'll see.

Thanks for the input~!
I've been playing this deck, but instead of blue for the captains and images, I went mono-black and splash red for aristocrat. Off the top of my head my deck is:

Land:
15x Swamp
3x Blackcleafe Cliffs
3x Dragonskull Summit

Creatures:
4x Gravecrawler
4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Fume Spitter
2x Crypt Creeper
4x Blood Artist
4x Geralf's Messenger
3x Phyrexian Metamorph
3x Falkenrath Aristocrat
1x Falkenrath Noble

Other:
3x Tragic Slip
3x Mortarpod
2x Bone splinters
2x Killing Wave

SB:
3x Geth's Verdict
1x Crypt Creeper
2x Despise
2x Sorin's Thirst
7x ??? (I still haven't quite figured out what i want here yet)

Surprisingly enough, Killing Wave has gotten there multiple times for me. I have had a Blood Artist out, 3 guys, and my opponent had 5 guys and I only had 2 mana. He was at 9 and I just killing wave for 1, chose to sacrifice everything and he lost right there.
If you don't have Obliterators with 15 swamps this deck could use Lashwrithe as a 4 drop creature and get good service. It'd hit as a 3/3 usually... sometimes a 2/2... but it would scale very well and provides alpha strike power at haste speed. Not too shabby.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

If you don't have Obliterators with 15 swamps this deck could use Lashwrithe as a 4 drop creature and get good service. It'd hit as a 3/3 usually... sometimes a 2/2... but it would scale very well and provides alpha strike power at haste speed. Not too shabby.

I thought about Lashwrithe, but it's just not an acceptable substitute when you're running 8 dual lands. You'd have to cut blue if you wanted Lashwrithe to work (which is not the end of the world, as a mentioned above).

// Lands

15 [COM] Swamp (4)
4 [M12] Drowned Catacomb
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores

// Creatures
4 [INN] Diregraf Ghoul
4 [AVR] Blood Artist
4 [DKA] Geralf's Messenger
4 [DKA] Diregraf Captain
2 [M12] Phantasmal Image
2 [NPH] Phyrexian Obliterator
1 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
4 [DKA] Gravecrawler

// Spells
2 [INN] Liliana of the Veil
3 [MBS] Mortarpod
3 [NPH] Geth's Verdict
4 [DKA] Tragic Slip

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [CHK] Distress
SB: 1 [DKA] Gruesome Discovery
SB: 3 [M10] Negate

Slight tweaks to the SB - I've now suffered my first two match losses, both against Esper Control. In all games but 1, I navigated them to a position where even a Day of Judgment wouldn't save them from dying... but Terminus does. Terminus really does a number on this deck because not only do none of your death trigger abilities hit, you don't get any of the post-sweeper offense with Gravecrawlers and Undying dudes.

The discard helps somewhat, but given Miracles are the most devastating on the topdeck, you really need some form of countermagic to answer it. With Negates g2/3 against Control, you can shut down the two spells that they most rely on, as well as disrupt their Planeswalkers.

I'm considering replacing Bloodline Keeper with Curse of Death's Hold (or Killing Wave), but haven't found it necessary so far. 

Aggro decks seem to be the easiest matchup. 

Sideboard need :

Ratchet Bomb 2-3
Sever the Bloodline 1
Black Sun's Zenith 1
Surgical Extraction/Nihil Spellbomb 2
Go for the Throat 2
Sideboard need :

Ratchet Bomb 2-3
Sever the Bloodline 1
Black Sun's Zenith 1
Go for the Throat 2

I'm not sure about running splits or high cost wipes in a deck this aggressive, but I definitely think that Surgical is a solid choice of tech to snuff out Terminus, Day of Judgment and other boardwipes.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Sideboard need :

Ratchet Bomb 2-3
Sever the Bloodline 1
Black Sun's Zenith 1
Go for the Throat 2

I'm not sure about running splits or high cost wipes in a deck this aggressive, but I definitely think that Surgical is a solid choice of tech to snuff out Terminus, Day of Judgment and other boardwipes.

Bomb - Swords, Crusader, Tokens    
Sever - Sun/Image, Tokens
BSZ - Zombies, Tokens
Go - Replace Geth if can't keep up

I aggree with Surgical part however I prefer Nihil for cleaning the grave to make sure no flash card to play with from Snapcaster...simple GY cleaner        
I don't hate the idea of Ratchet Bombs for the Human matchup, but is Killing Wave not similar/as good? I don't like Black Sun's Zenith (Killing Wave seems better) or Sever, because they don't make the most of your internal synergies and Blood Artists. Either way, you already have a good aggro matchup.

Surgical Extraction is not an answer to Terminus, because it requires them to have already played it; Nihil Spellbomb can answer the Think Twice/Lingering Souls decks though.
I don't hate the idea of Ratchet Bombs for the Human matchup, but is Killing Wave not similar/as good? I don't like Black Sun's Zenith (Killing Wave seems better) or Sever, because they don't make the most of your internal synergies and Blood Artists. Either way, you already have a good aggro matchup.

Surgical Extraction is not an answer to Terminus, because it requires them to have already played it; Nihil Spellbomb can answer the Think Twice/Lingering Souls decks though.

Maybe I play midrange and control too much, but even though this deck looks aggressive, it doesn't seem like it wants to jump all-in, so I don't see a single Terminus being enough to ground the game.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

Maybe I play midrange and control too much, but even though this deck looks aggressive, it doesn't seem like it wants to jump all-in, so I don't see a single Terminus being enough to ground the game.

It usually is - your CA is mostly out of graveyard recursion, and lacking a way to draw cards means that a Terminus followed by a Gideon or Tamiyo can be nigh-unbeatable, even if you had one or two more guys in hand.
Aside from a bad control matchup, do you feel the deck is competitive?
i think you should definitly consider killing wave.

imagine the following scenario:

your opponent is at 5 life and you have a Diregraf captain, Gravecrawler, messenger and a Blood Artist out on the field. lethal damage woont get through by attacking. you cast Killing wave with x=0. of course theyre not going to sac anything, but you sac the gravecrawler and messenger causing them to lose 4 life total from the capptain and Blood Artist. then the messenger undies and they have lost.

i mean, yeah this could only be in ideal circumstances, but it is still very effective. 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
Lashwrithe does work in a 2 color deck that only uses duals for fix; I've done it plenty before in the past. It's normally going to be at 2/3 strength... which is still plenty strong for what it can provide.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

i think you should definitly consider killing wave.

imagine the following scenario:

your opponent is at 5 life and you have a Diregraf captain, Gravecrawler, messenger and a Blood Artist out on the field. lethal damage woont get through by attacking. you cast Killing wave with x=0. of course theyre not going to sac anything, but you sac the gravecrawler and messenger causing them to lose 4 life total from the capptain and Blood Artist. then the messenger undies and they have lost.

i mean, yeah this could only be in ideal circumstances, but it is still very effective. 

While the situations where Wave is great can be game-winning the deck really needs to be able to support in most situations for it to be a realistic choice; it could definitely be tuned for that but that's probably not quite optimal to go so all-in on that strategy.

I'm imagining it's too slow but any testing of the Driver of the Dead/Phantasmal Image synergy?
Well, i wouldnt run 4 Killing Wave. i would reccomend only running it as a one-of so that its just a nice way to get some extra damage through and not a dead draw again and again, as it would be if 4 were maindecked.
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
I originally ran 3 MD and I still got 2 killing waves sometimes in my hand which was too much so now I run 2.
What about Memoricide in the SB? It takes care of Miracles and any other problem cards.
17382e99.jpg
What about Memoricide in the SB? It takes care of Miracles and any other problem cards.

I'm going to try it, cutting a Distress or a Gruesome Discovery and a Negate, perhaps. Memoricide on Terminus does seem like a convenient out to the worst matchup.
Lashwrithe does work in a 2 color deck that only uses duals for fix; I've done it plenty before in the past. It's normally going to be at 2/3 strength... which is still plenty strong for what it can provide.

In probalby 2/3 of my games, it would be a 3/3 or smaller. That is not acceptable power from a four drop.
Bump!
Nice deck!

Appetite for Brains for Terminus? Cast it just before the usual turn you can do an alpha strike (turn 4?).
Nice deck!

Appetite for Brains for Terminus? Cast it just before the usual turn you can do an alpha strike (turn 4?).

Thats a cute answer, but Terminus off the top is a killer.
Photobucket