R/W Human Deck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Before I buy some of the cards that I still need, just wanted to see what everybody thought of the new deck I was thinking of making. Here it is:

Total: 64

Any comments, especially criticism, is appreciated.
What is your budget for improvements? Do you have any Format or Legality restrictions?

Here are my suggested alterations:

- 2 Mountain
+2 Cavern Of Souls

- 1 Mountain
-  2 Plains
+ 3 Slayers' StrongHold

- 4 Mountain
+ 4 Teetering Peaks

I feel that your mana base could do with some improving, and Slayers' StrongHold is too good to pass up (and it functions well alongside Pump). Teetering Peaks is fantastic, and should be good here.

- 2 Increasing Devotion
- 2 Banishing Stroke
+ 4 CloudShift

I'd run a full playset of CloudShift, as it's effectively a CounterSpell, and you have a number of creatures with relevant abilities to bounce.

- 4 Pillar Of Flame
+ 4 Boros SwiftBlade

Boros SwiftBlade functions very well alongside pump.

- 2 Commander's Authority
- 2 Vigilante Justice
+ 4 SkyKnight Legionnaire

You need something with Evasion.

- 1 Terminus
- 1 Zealous Conscripts
- 2 Cathars' Crusade
+ 4 Glorious Anthem

Cathars' Crusade comes down too late and Thraben DoomSayer is too situational.

-2 Devout Chaplain
+ 2 Oblivion Ring

You need control, ideally in a full playset.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Hmmm...these are some very interesting suggestions...I was keeping it mainly within the current Standard restrictions, but that's perfectly fine, especially with some of the cards you've shown me. I particulary like the Skyknight Legionnaire and Teetering Peaks.

However, I do have a limited budget so I can only afford to really get one more Cavern of Souls, since I already have one.

Unless I'm blind or just being newbish (just started playing again about 2-3 months ago), the only combo I can see with Cloudshift is with Kessig Malcontents when I also have a Champion of the Parish on the battlefield or flickering Silverblade Paladin to a different pairing.

You should have made Format Restrictions clear in the opening post.

Unless I'm blind or just being newbish (just started playing again about 2-3 months ago), the only combo I can see with Cloudshift is with Kessig Malcontents when I also have a Champion of the Parish on the battlefield or flickering Silverblade Paladin to a different pairing.

Those are the big ones, but you can also cast it on a tapped Thraben DoomSayer or Devout Chaplain (to have them re-enter the BattleField untapped) and use them as suprise blockers.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

You should have made Format Restrictions clear in the opening post.

My apologies. In the future, I will be sure to post any restrictions right away.

Those are the big ones, but you can also cast it on a tapped Thraben DoomSayer or Devout Chaplain (to have them re-enter the BattleField untapped) and use them as suprise blockers.

I never thought of that...thank you. I will probably take out the Pillar of Flame in exchange for Cloudshift. Again, thanks for your suggestions.

Sign In to post comments