Dungeon Survival Handbook Art Gallery

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon Survival Handbook
Art Gallery

Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook is a guide for players and Dungeon Masters who want to play in a Dungeons & Dragons game that explores dungeons and plumbs the blackest reaches of the Underdark —and here now is the book's gallery of art! 

Talk about this gallery here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Ok lets talk about this. Oh wait I can't.  I'm not a subscriber.

WotC stop with this subscriber business.  Were you really hit so hard you had to take away things that used to be free and charge for them?

ART GALLERIES OF ALL THINGS.  They used to be absolutely free and I always looked forward to them.  But 4E's dungeon and dragon subscriptions have been nothing but cop-outs to charge for crap we used to get for free.  I'll never subscribe because I believe you adopted a horrible business model.

Oh and whatever happened to those online tools that were supposed to be available at LAUNCH?  Yeah we all saw how that went.  WotC can't seem to understand the idea behind being prompt.  You released the character creator and monster maker.  But I believe the biggest tool was that dungeon creator.  Whatever happened to that?  I don't seem to see anything about it.  So here you are still charging us despite breaking your word on what was coming.

So what other horrible atrocities are you considering for 5E?

Your books are great and fine, but you have no idea how to run an online model, do you?  Despite a few years of experience underneath your belt now, you still haven't the slightest clue. 
 But 4E's dungeon and dragon subscriptions have been nothing but cop-outs to charge for crap we used to get for free.

Let me know how you got the old Dragon/Dungeon magazines for free cause I had to pay for all of mine. If there's a loophole I'd like to know about it.

Oh and whatever happened to those online tools that were supposed to be available at LAUNCH?  Yeah we all saw how that went.  WotC can't seem to understand the idea behind being prompt.  You released the character creator and monster maker.  But I believe the biggest tool was that dungeon creator.  Whatever happened to that?  I don't seem to see anything about it.  So here you are still charging us despite breaking your word on what was coming.

You know it's 2012 right? 2008 was four years ago. Saying that WotC should give away their product for free because of a mistake they made four years ago is ridiculous.

Personally I think the compendium alone is worth the price of the subscription, but I also get a huge amount of use out of the monster builder, character builder, online galleries (yes, I'm okay with paying for other people's hard work - art is somebody's job) and of course reading the magazines.

So what other horrible atrocities are you considering for 5E?

A free beholder with every players handbook. For Real! I read it on twitter. I'm pretty sure it's why Monte Cook quit, he thought it just too much of an atrocity. He was rooting for a simple gelatinous cube, but no, Hasbro demanded that WotC break out the big guns for 5e.