Pregen Characters - Good and Simple

381 posts / 0 new
Last post
In another forum the idea came up that having pregenerated characters can be very useful under certain circumstances.  Be that a one-shot where everyone can just pick up a class they aren't used to and jumps in, or something for newcomers.

Here are my goals for this thread:

• Make a list of solid characters.  Ones that are strong, but simple.  There are some crazy interesting combinations and builds, but some of them can be overwhelming to the new player. This thread is primarily for ease of play.

• Sort the character builds by role and by bracket.  Builds will be considered and included in the character section at no more than 1 per class with snapshots of the characters at starting LFR levels (1, 5, 8). Note that many of these builds will not be LFR legal.  If you are looking for an LFR character to play make sure to adjust accordingly.

• Along with the build post a very short how-to paragraph directed at the new player (new to the game, not just the class) so that anyone can pick up and play fairly easily.  If the build has something that isn't denoted in the power card section of the sheet (for instance a Bravura Warlord's action point feature) it should be noted in this paragraph.

• Include a level of difficulty for each character (1-5 stars) so that the player can pick from something that can handle.

• For now please deviate away from anything that might be commonly rebuffed from tables due to specific interpratations of rules (MC Cleric becoming Battle Clerics Lore for example).

• Until I fill up the list with solid single-class characters, please do not add Hybrids.  This list is intended for brand-new players to have a good resource.  If the list fills I'll add a section for hybrid characters.

Anyone with a decent and simple build feel free to post.  Please keep the conversations civil.

Difficulty:
* - This build is extremely straightforward.  Nothing is really needed outside of the power cards.  Ideal for using for new players.  This character doesn't have too much to do outside of their turn.  Most single star builds are essentials builds.

** - This build is straightforward and generic.  A class feature or two, maybe a feat will not be present on the power cards, but this has little game effect.  This character has maybe a trick up their sleeve outside of their turn. Essentials builds with a trick or very simple non-essentials builds will most likely fall into this category.

- This build is average, starting to get complicated.  Some of the class features or feats will require you to point them out to new players and keep track of them.  This character can have a couple off-turn tricks that require them to pay attention to triggers.  These are most likely to be builds used by players with a little experience who are wanting to test out new classes.

- This build is fairly complicated.  Many features require you to pay attention to things not on your turn, involve parts of the sheet that aren't the power cards and may have some special rules implications that new players will not be familiar with.  In general these types of builds are included in here so that people know they exist and they are not really for new players.  These are most likely to be builds used by players with experience in that class that want to test out a new feature or varient of their build.

- This build is too complicated to be understood in the few minutes people have to get used to their character before being tossed into the maelstrom.  If a build is listed at 5 stars, rather than including the build in this thread we will simply give a nod to it and possibly a link.  Players should be aware that 4 and 5 star builds exist so that they can see if anything appeals to them enough to put the time into learning one of these builds for an ongoing game.

Format for Submission (I am aware that much of it will be repeated, but the idea is that the player should be able to not have to read anything but the snapshot and how-to to pick up and play the build):

Name of Build - [Difficulty of Build]

Paragraph describing how to play the build

Level dependant changes in play (If any):
Level where the change occurs: What the player needs to know.

Suggested Magic Items (Non-rare please, also include the item's level): 
Name of item [Lv] - Brief explanation of why you want the item.

Level 1 Snapshot

Show

Character Summary from the Cbuilder

Level 5 Snapshot

Show

Level 8 Snapshot

Show

Paragon Characters need only include their level 11 snapshot for now. 

Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Heroic Tier Defenders:
These are the go-to front line of your party.  If you want to play a role that protects others this is where you should look.

For more information on Defender builds in general, and for making these characters your own, look at the defender section in the complete collection of character builds:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Battlemind 
Minotaur Battlemind - Submitted by Svendj -***

Barbarian (Berserker)
Arid Desert Berserker - Submitted by Matyr - */**

Fighter (Knight)

Dwarven Knight - Submitted by RancidRogue - *

Fighter (Weaponmaster)
Sword and Board Fighter (Weaponmaster) - Submitted by RuinsFate - **/***

Paladin
Protecting Paladin - Submitted by Mengu74 - ***

Paladin (Cavalier)
Human Cavalier - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon - **/***

Swordmage
Genasi Shielding Swordmage - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon - ****

Warden
Dwarf Earthstrength Warden - Submitted by Svendj - **
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Heroic Tier Leaders
These are the support for your group.  Often misrepresented as healers, the best support classes are about enabling your party to get more from their actions (through vulnerability and pluses to rolls and saves) and about getting more actions for your most effective members.

For more information on Leader builds in general, and for making these characters your own, look at the leader section in the complete collection of character builds:

Ardent - *** - Submitted by Svendj

Artificer - **** - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Bard - *** - Submitted by Svendj
Bard (Skald)

Cleric (Templar) - *** - Submitted by GelatinousOctahedron

Cleric (Warpriest) - ** - Submitted by GelatinousOctahedron 

Druid (Sentinel)

Runepriest - *** - Submitted by Mengu74

Shaman - **** - Submitted by GelatinousOctahedron

Warlord - **/*** - Submitted by Matyr
Show
Heroic Tier Controllers
Controllers are much like the anti-leaders.  Rather than make the group more potent by enabling your side of the field, you make the group more potent by crippling your enemies.

For more information on controller builds in general, and for making these characters your own, look at the controller section in the complete collection of character builds:

Druid - 

Druid (Protector) *** - Submitted by entropiccanuck

Invoker - ***/**** Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon
Psion - *** - Submitted by Svendj
Ranger (Hunter)

Seeker

Warlock (Binder) - *** - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Wizard (Arcanist) - *** Submitted by Zathris

Wizard (Bladesinger) - Bladesingers are more strikers than they are proper controllers.  If you are looking to play a bladesinger as a striker, please look for the listing in the striker section.

Wizard (Mage) - *** - **** Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Wizard (Sha'ir)

Wizard (Witch)
Show
Heroic Tier Strikers
You are the death dealers.  You are the one that the leader is enabling and the one the defender is clearing a path for.  If you want to hit hard and be the weapon of choice for your party's leader look no further.

For more information on striker builds in general, and for making these characters your own, look at the striker section in the complete collection of character builds:

Assassin

Assassin (Executioner) - ***/**** - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Avenger - *** - Submitted by Matyr

Barbarian -  ***/**** submitted by RuinsFate

Fighter (Slayer) - * Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Monk - *** - Submitted by Svendj

Paladin (Blackguard)

Ranger - **/** - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Ranger (Scout) - * - Submitted by Entropiccanuck

Rogue (Scoundrel) - ** - Submitted by BaldHermit

Rogue (Thief) - **/*** - Submitted by IxidorRS

Sorcerer - ** - Submitted by Mengu74

Sorcerer (Elementalist) - * - Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Vampire - Submitted by Svendj

Warlock

Warlock (Hexblade) - ** At Level 1, **** At Level 5 and 8 Submitted by TheMalteseFalcon

Wizard (Bladesinger) - **Submitted by Svendj
Show
Packets:  These will be lists of things that can be tacked onto any one of these builds that make them a little better, but also add some complexity.

Charge:
Piece 1: Horned Helm (1d6 extra damage on charge, Helm Slot, Level 6+)
Piece 2: Badge of the Berzerker (Does not provoke Attacks of Opportunity while charging, Neck Slot, Level 2+)
Piece 3: Surprising Charge (Heroic Tier Feat, Martial Power)
Piece 4: Avalanche/Vanguard/Thundergod weapon (Extra damage for specific weapon groups, Weapon Property, Level 4+)

Superstorm
Piece 1: Deadly Draw (Heroic Tier Feat, PHB 3)
Piece 2: Mark of Storm (Heroic Tier Feat, EPG)
Piece 3: Lightning Weapon (Weapon Property, Any Weapon, PHB)
Piece 4 (optional): Eberron Shard of Lightning (Dragonshard Augment, EPG)

Sequence:
Free Action - Use the At-Will Power on the Lightning Weapon (turns all damage dealt by the weapon into lightning damage, adds the Lightning keyword to the attack).
---
Psicheese/Mind Games [Removed, does not work until Paragon]
Frostcheese/Permafrost [Removed, does not work until Paragon]

Show
reserved
Show
reserved
Show
reserved
Show
Collection of 4-5 star builds for Heroic and Paragon Tier

Feel free to post.  Thanks in advance to anyone who submits a build.
Show
This is relevant to my interests and I'd give you a thumbs up, if it was possible.

I like the idea.
This post will be my little workbox of stuff I'm trying to add to the guide.

Another idea I would like to add, most likely for formatting and star rating purposes, is a break down for the player.

Something like...

Triggers:
Offaction attacks:
Abilities not listed on the power card:

Thoughts on additions to that list?
Thoughts on formatting that list to make it easy on the eye?

Level +1, Level and Level -1 item creation rules.

Talking about basic packages that are available to characters.  For instance, instead of including Charge packages as a base thing explained with each build, explain the charge packet in its own little section and just say in the builds "Charge packet compatible" 
Show
Hey Matyr, are you gonna be over the character count,
and on the same lines, I build per class? If you do multiple per class it could get hairy. 
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Smash, Half-Orc Barbarian Charger: Difficulty: ***/**** at higher levels (Some triggered effects, some effects outside own turn)

A Barbarian is at the base level simple to use – pick someone, charge them, if they’re still standing, try to do it again until they’re not.

Level 1:

Your Powers: When you charge, you use the power Howling Strike instead of the Melee Basic Attack you’d normally use. Note the extra dice in its damage. Your encounter power, Desperate Fury, lets you reroll if it misses. Your daily power is a “Rage” – you activate it, make the attack and get whatever encounter-long benefit it gives you in the ‘Effect’ line. In this case, it’s Swift Panther Rage, which lets you move further, and shift 2 squares on your turn, which puts you in charge range again.

Most of the feats for this build are passive effects, which the builder will calculate in your stats (And are already included in the numbers below)

There are a few triggered effects on this build, some of which are easy to remember, some are easy to forget;

•    Rampage: If you score a critical hit, make a Melee Basic Attack against some poor soul, probably the thing you crit if it’s still alive.

•    Swift Charge: If you kill something, use this encounter power to charge someone else. This one’s fun. As a Half-Orc, you also have a racial feature called Swift Charge, which lets you move an extra two squares when charging. They are not the same thing, so don’t confuse them. (Others at your table might)

•    Rageblood Vigor: When you kill something, you get your Constitution mod as temporary hit points (Currently +1, so 1 THP). This is easy to forget especially in the excitement of using Swift Charge, so try not to.

•    Half-Orc Resilience: The first time you are bloodied (damaged to half health) in an encounter, you get 5 temporary hit points. This occurs after the damage is done, but will reduce the damage from the next thing to damage you. It’s a good addition to your durability, so don’t forget it.

•    Guardian’s Counter: This power is more obvious than it seems. If someone attacks an ally of your’s within 2 squares, and doesn’t attack you in the process, you swap places with that ally, take the hit, then smack the monster that attacked them. You’re probably more durable than most of your allies, so don’t worry too much about taking the hit for them.

•    Furious Assault: This is your racial power. Once per encounter, it increases the damage when you hit an enemy by 1[w] – in this case 1d12 from your Fullblade.

•    High Crit: This is a feature of your Fullblade: If you score a critical hit, you do an extra 1d12 on top of your critical damage.

Your items are pretty obvious, your armour, sword, adventuring gear, a climber’s kit (You’re good at Athletics, which is the skill used to climb) and 3 Javelins, which you can throw as a ranged attack, in case of flying enemies.

Smash, level 1
Half-Orc, Barbarian
Feral Might: Rageblood Vigor
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Guardian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.

AC: 18 Fort: 16 Reflex: 15 Will: 10
HP: 33 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +5, Acrobatics +8, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering, Endurance +2, Heal, History, Insight, Intimidate +1, Nature, Religion, Stealth +3, Streetwise -1, Thievery +3

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)

POWERS
Guardian: Guardian’s Counter
Barbarian at-will 1: Howling Strike
Barbarian at-will 1: Pressing Strike
Barbarian encounter 1: Desperate Fury
Barbarian daily 1: Swift Panther Rage

ITEMS
Hide Armor, Fullblade, Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Javelin (3)

Level 5:

At level 5, it’s still pretty much the same idea. You have some new effects and items to help you do your job. You should note that you now have two Rage powers. You can only be under the effect of one Rage at a time, so if you use them both in the same encounter for some reason, the first effect ends and the new one starts. Here’s whats new:

•    +1 Vanguard Fullblade: (Level 3 item) Your charge attacks do an extra 1d8 damage. So when you use Howling Strike while charging, roll another 1d8 and add that to the damage. (This is on top of the additional 1d6 already built into Howling Strike) This is only when charging, not any other time you use the power. It also has extra critical dice as a magic item, don’t forget those.

•    +1 Bestial Hide Armour: (Level 3 item) Once per day, you can use the power on this armour when you hit with a charge to make another attack, with a +2 bonus to hit, against the same target as the charge.

•    +1 Badge of the Berserker: (Level 2 item) You no longer provoke Opportunity Attacks when you charge, so you can freely move past monsters while doing so.

•    Boots of Adept Charging: (Level 2 item) When you finish a charge and its attack, you can shift one square, for example to a better flanking position, or back one square, so you can shift another square next turn and charge again.

•    Shrug It Off: If a monster puts a (save ends) effect on you, you can use this power to save against it immediately, rather than wait through your next turn. This is an immediate action, so don’t forget you can’t use it and Guardian’s Counter in the same round. Also: because it’s a Reaction, it won’t work on a Dazed effect (You can’t use immediate actions when Dazed)

•    Two Handed Weapon Expertise: Your feats so far have been passive effects, and are already calculated by the builder for the most part. The second part of this effect you will have to remember. +1 damage to your charges (Howling Strike again) This stacks with the Vanguard Weapon’s effect.

•    Brutal Slam:  Hit one guy, shove him a bit into some other guy, who also takes some damage. Fun times!

•    Rage of the Crimson Hurricane: This is a Close Burst attack, ie: an area effect attack against each enemy next you. The ongoing damage is part of the ‘Effect’ so enemies get that regardless of you hitting or missing. The effect for you is simpler than it sounds: once per turn, hit with a primal power (This means your attacks that are not an MBA or Guardian’s Counter), you deal 4 damage to each enemy next you after that power is done.

Smash, level 5
Half-Orc, Barbarian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 13, Dex 19, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 21 Fort: 19 Reflex: 18 Will: 13
HP: 58 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 14

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +9, Acrobatics +10, Athletics +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +2, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +4, Heal +2, History +2, Insight +4, Intimidate +3, Nature +2, Religion +2, Stealth +5, Streetwise +1, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 2: Two-Handed Weapon Expertise
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)

POWERS
Barbarian utility 2: Shrug It Off
Barbarian encounter 3: Brutal Slam
Barbarian daily 5: Rage of the Crimson Hurricane

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Javelin (3), Vanguard Fullblade +1, Bestial Hide Armor +1, Badge of the Berserker +1, Boots of Adept Charging (heroic tier)

Level 8:

And at Level 8, things are still somewhat the same, just some new tricks:

•    Your Vanguard Fullblade and Badge of the Berserker are now +2, but otherwise function the same as before.

•    Iron Armbands of Power: (Level 6 item) +2 damage to all your melee attacks (Everything except Rage of the Crimson Hurricane and throwing a Javelin). This is passive and the builder should handle it for you.

•    Magic Javelin +1: (Level 1 item) You should have some spare GP at this point, so upgrading the Javelins to a magical one is a good idea – a magical thrown weapon always returns to its owner after use, so you no longer have to go searching for it after battle.

•    Rage of the Crimson Hurricane: Same as before, but now does 5 damage instead of 4 because your Strength is higher.

•    Laugh it Off: You need to be able to move to charge. This power helps you remove effects that prevent this. An escape attempt means the check you make when you are grabbed or tied up.

•    Curtain of Steel: If someone next to you attacks you, whack them back after they’re done! Note that this is an Immediate, so again, it can’t be used the same round as Shrug it Off or Guardian’s Counter, and can’t be used if you are Dazed, or the attack moved you out of melee range. That said, it is a very good attack.

•    Deadly Rage: This feat increases all your damage by 1 while you are raging – meaning when you are under the effect of one of your daily rage powers (Swift Panther or Crimson Hurricane).

Smash, level 8
Half-Orc, Barbarian

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 13, Dex 20, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 24 Fort: 24 Reflex: 23 Will: 17
HP: 77 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +11, Acrobatics +13, Athletics +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +4, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +6, Heal +4, History +4, Insight +6, Intimidate +5, Nature +4, Religion +4, Stealth +8, Streetwise +3, Thievery +8

FEATS
Level 2: Two-Handed Weapon Expertise
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Improved Defenses
Level 8: Deadly Rage

POWERS
Barbarian utility 2: Shrug It Off
Barbarian encounter 3: Brutal Slam
Barbarian daily 5: Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Barbarian utility 6: Run Rampant
Barbarian encounter 7: Curtain of Steel

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Bestial Hide Armor +1, Boots of Adept Charging (heroic tier), Vanguard Fullblade +2, Badge of the Berserker +2, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Magic Javelin +1
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Also: Zelink is right, you probably will have issue with character count. The simplest answer is to hyperlink to the post containing the write up, rather than copypasta it into the main post. A bit fiddlier, but it will save on issues in the long run.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Also: Zelink is right, you probably will have issue with character count. The simplest answer is to hyperlink to the post containing the write up, rather than copypasta it into the main post. A bit fiddlier, but it will save on issues in the long run.

I shall just do the hyperlink thing, anyone know how to link only specific posts?
Show
Click on the post number, in the upper right side corner of the post.  That will link you to the post itself, then you can copy the url from your browser.
Rightclick the number, 'copy shortcut' or 'copy link' depending on browser. Then just paste it in the url entry in the post.
Got it, thanks
Show
Are you looking for setting-neutral builds, strict LFR, or anything goes?

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
nm
Semi-Elusive Halfling Hexblade
Difficulty:  ** to ****
Note:  Can be reduced to Difficulty ** at all levels if you exclude the Transcendent Ki focus and just go for pure damage.  Less versatile, but much easier for a completely new player to get behind and dive into the game.
Hexblade Quirks
Hexblade powers are unique in 4E in that they carry both Implement and Weapon keywords, allowing some goofy possibilities not seen in any other class thanks to how Hexblades attack.  It's important for a new player to understand they won't be able to use Implements in a similar manner with any other class.

Relevant Quote:   When you use a power associated with your pact weapon and the power has both the weapon and the implement keyword, you are considered to be wielding both your pact weapon and your implement for the purpose of feats and other game elements.

He won't win the DPR Kings thread, but he provides good damage output, he's accurate, and relatively simple and straightforward to play.  This particular Hexblade deals radiant damage, his at-will is a Melee Basic Attack and it targets Reflex to boot, from level 1.  It deals extra damage if the target ends its next turn adjacent to you.  Undead will not be running up to give you hugs.

He would be quite at home in any Radiant Mafia group.  He should be hitting often, and fairly hard.  He can also do work as the party face with his high Charisma, and Dexterity secondary along with the racials make him a competent lockpicker too.  You are an excellent candidate for granted attacks due to your static modifiers and hit rate.  Warlords are your friend, hug them and love them.

His playstyle would best be described as a skirmisher.  You can deal some good damage, but you don't have the ability to stand toe-to-toe with a group of enemies.  Get in, hit, and get out.  Your Pact Boon helps with this by teleporting you when it triggers.  You can force enemy rerolls on an attack against you, and you have a number of options to make standing next to you A Bad Choice for enemies.

You also get Eldritch Bolt at level 1, which is usable as a Ranged Basic Attack.  This build focuses on melee however, but you do have a backup option if you can't reach a target or running into melee range could be detrimental.

Other Deity/Setting Specific Feats

Silvery Glow is an excellent damage feat for this character, since you're dishing out tons of Radiant damage already.
Sword of Hestavar grants adjacent allies a fat damage boost if you have combat advantage against the target, which you probably will thanks to Deadly Draw.
Mark of Warding is another option, since you have a few abilities that provide defensive boosts, get even more out of them!

Triggered Actions at Level 1

On a melee miss, Disciplined Counter (Immediate Reaction), try to whack the guy who hit you.  If you do, slide 2 and he grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
On being attacked, Second Chance (Immediate Interrupt), force an attacker to reroll their hit.
On an adjacent enemy being reduced to 0 hit points OR you reduce an enemy to 0 hit points, your Soul Step pact boon triggers allowing you to teleport DexMod squares as a Free Action.  Limited to once per round.

Conditionals at Level 1

+1 damage against bloodied targets (Ki Focus Expertise)

Moonfire Blade:  +8 vs Reflex, 1d12 + 8 Radiant Damage
Eldritch Bolt:       +6 vs Reflex, 1d10 + 8 Force Damage
Difficulty: **
Level 1
 ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Errich, level 1
Halfling, Warlock (Hexblade)
Pact: Fey Pact of the White Well
Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Elemental Initiate

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 14, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 18

AC: 17 Fort: 11 Ref: 14 Will: 16
HP: 32 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +10, Stealth +7, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Arcana –1, Athletics –1, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance –1, Heal +0, History –1, Insight +0, Intimidate +5, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Elemental Initiate Attack: Disciplined Counter
Halfling Racial Power: Second Chance
Warlock Utility: Soul Step
Warlock Attack: Moonfire Blade
Warlock Attack: Well of Light
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Bolt
Warlock Attack 1: Armor of Agathys

FEATS
Level 1: Ki Focus Expertise

ITEMS
Sword of the White Well x1
Ki Focus Implement x1
Hide Armor x1
====== End ======

Armor of Agathys is chosen for the THPs and the autodamage for adjacent enemies.  Encourage them not to stand near you.

Moonfire Blade:  +11 vs Reflex, 1d12 + 13 Radiant Damage, Slide 1, Reach 1
Eldritch Bolt:       +9   vs Reflex, 1d10 + 11 Force Damage
Difficulty:  **** (Slide positioning, Reach, Deadly Draw tracking for combat advantage)
Level 5
Errich, level 5

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 17, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 21

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Ref: 16 Will: 19
HP: 53 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 13

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +6, Bluff +12, Stealth +9, Streetwise +12, Thievery +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Athletics +1, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +1, Heal +2, History +1, Insight +2, Intimidate +7, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +1

POWERS
Warlock Utility 2: Charm of Hearts
Warlock Utility 4: Lesser Planar Ally
Warlock Attack 5: Emerald Shield

FEATS
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Transcendent ki focus)
Level 4: Deadly Draw

ITEMS
Abduction Transcendent ki focus +1 x1     [Level 4 item, used instead of a level 5 item]
Magic Hide Armor +2 x1                          [Level +1]
Lucky Charm +1 x1                                 [Level - 1]
Bracers of Mighty Striking (heroic tier) x1  [Purchased with gold]
====== End ======

Now we're getting into the fun part!  Your MBA now has a Slide 1 attached to it, thanks to the Abduction Ki focus, AND you have the option of using it as a Reach 1 attack due to the superior implement you have.  Not normally possible, but Hexblades are awesome like that thanks to dual Implement/Weapon keyword powers.

Your role as a skirmisher is pretty much cemented here, especially since you can make your attacks at Reach 1 now.  Take advantage of your defenders and stick behind them, using the Reach and Slide components of your MBA to position enemies in very unpleasant places.  Any enemy you slide adjacent to you will grant you combat advantage thanks to Deadly Draw.  You can also slide enemies adjacent to you if you know they'll be eating some autodamage from your Armor of Agathys.  An enemy adjacent to you and your defender does not have a lot of good choices.

Emerald Shield adds to your arsenal of "Don't Stand Near Me" tricks, encouraging enemies to not stay adjacent to you.  Charm of Hearts is a nice defensive boost, and you don't draw OAs for movement.  It takes a minor action to sustain, but you weren't using it for much anyway as a Hexblade.  Everything that makes Charm of Hearts stink for your Warlock parent class, is awesome for a Hexblade.

Moonfire Blade:  +15 vs Reflex, 1d12 + 16 Radiant Damage, Slide 1, Reach 1, make a saving throw against any one effect currently on you (if you hit).
Eldritch Bolt:       +13 vs Reflex, 1d10 + 14 Force Damage
Difficulty:  **** (Slide positioning, Reach, Deadly Draw tracking for combat advantage)
Level 8

Errich, level 8

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 18, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 23 Fort: 17 Ref: 20 Will: 23
HP: 69 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 17

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +8, Bluff +15, Stealth +14, Streetwise +15, Thievery +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +3, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +3, Heal +4, History +3, Insight +4, Intimidate +10, Nature +4, Perception +4, Religion +3

POWERS
Warlock Utility 2: Charm of Hearts
Warlock Utility 4: Lesser Planar Ally
Warlock Attack 5: Emerald Shield
Warlock Utility 6: Dark One's Own Luck
Warlock Attack 7: Moonlit Escape

FEATS
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Transcendent ki focus)
Level 4: Deadly Draw
Level 6: Starfire Womb
Level 8: White Lotus Riposte

ITEMS
Bracers of Mighty Striking (heroic tier) x1     [Bought with gold]
Elven Cloak +2 x1                                      [Level - 1 item]
Abduction Transcendent ki focus +2 x1        [Level + 1 item]
Nightmare Ward Hide Armor +2 x1              [Equal level item]
Acrobat Boots x1                                      [Bought with gold]
Viper Belt x1                                             [Bought with gold]
Circlet of Second Chances x1                     [Bought with gold]
====== End ======

There are a LOT of Utility 6 options, I just took Dark One's Own Luck because I hate missing.  Racing Fire of Ulban, Iron Aspect of Dispater, or even Rending Fear of Khirad (depending on your group/campaign/DM) can all be excellent choices.  Take whatever suits your needs.

Our item/feat choices here continue to heighten the elusive aspect, allowing you a saving throw with every attack thanks to Starfire Womb.  Circlet of Second Chances is there for a daily reroll on a save if you get hit by something truly nasty, and White Lotus Riposte adds even more "Don't Stand Near Me, Creature!" to your arsenal. 

You get a new power at level 7, Moonlit Escape, which works as an Immediate Reaction, allowing you to deal 5+ChaMod damage to an adjacent creature that hits you, then shift 1 and become insubstantial until the beginning of your next turn.

Variations and Additions

Works very well with The Charge Package.  Just swap the neckworn for a Badge of the Berserker.

You can swap the Transcendent Ki Focus for an accurate to get an even higher hit rate.
You can swap the Transcendent Ki Focus for a mighty ki focus, for +1 to hit vs. reflex and the empowered crit property.
You can swap the Transcendent Ki Focus for an iron ki focus, for +1/2/3 damage and an extra square of forced movement.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
Are you looking for setting-neutral builds, strict LFR, or anything goes?

Setting Neutral Builds, I was just using LFR start points because we have to use something  as start points so why not those?

Stonewynd: Would you mind trying to follow a little closer to the format please?  I know its asking for a bit of repitition, but the player is supposed to be able to pick it up and just run with it at one of the 3 levels. 

TMF: Would you mind changing your difficulty ** at first level **** at 5th and 8th level.  For beginning characters you are asking them to remember a lot of stuff that isn't intuitive, on the sheet or on their turn at 5th level (Reach 1 is harder to think about for players on their turn and having constantly active effects like Deadly Draw is a bit much to keep track of at ***).  I really like how you broke down their Melee Basic and Ranged Basic Attacks.  I'll add it in.
Show
It might be worth considering multiple builds from certain classes.  Melee ranger vs. bow ranger are two completely different beasts, for example.

Bargle wrote:

Zelink wrote:
It might be worth considering multiple builds from certain classes.  Melee ranger vs. bow ranger are two completely different beasts, for example.

I wouldn't have a problem with doing those two, but a lot of the other options will have to be locked to just 1.  The idea is to be simple and effective.  As both of those are fairly straightforward and effective it can work.  But for classes, for example the Warlord, I would want the simplest version you can make and still be potent.  I don't want a lazylord, bravlord and tactlord build, but rather just 1 warlord build to include and then a nod to the others.
Show
Shamelessly copied from LDB's guides, but perhaps this is useful for the packages section?  I can't seem to get the "show" thing working though, annoyingly enough... And I'd have to say tack-on modules like this are so prevalent and class independant they might warrant their own miniguide. Mmh, well there's a thought...
---
Frostcheese/Permafrost
Piece 1: Wintertouched (Heroic Tier Feat, PHB)
Piece 2: Lasting Frost (Paragon Tier Feat, PHB)
Piece 3: Frost Weapon (Weapon Property, Any Weapon, PHB)
Piece 4 (optional): Siberys Shard of Merciless Cold (Dragonshard Augment, EPG)
Piece 5 (optional): Gloves of Ice (Hands Slot Item, AV 2)
Piece 6 (optional): Silvery Glow (Heroic Tier Feat, D 386)

Sequence:
Free Action - Use the At-Will Power on the Frost Weapon (turns all damage dealt by the weapon into cold damage, adds the Cold keyword to the attack).
---
Superstorm
Piece 1: Deadly Draw (Heroic Tier Feat, PHB 3)
Piece 2: Mark of Storm (Heroic Tier Feat, EPG)
Piece 3: Lightning Weapon (Weapon Property, Any Weapon, PHB)
Piece 4 (optional): Eberron Shard of Lightning (Dragonshard Augment, EPG)

Sequence:
Free Action - Use the At-Will Power on the Lightning Weapon (turns all damage dealt by the weapon into lightning damage, adds the Lightning keyword to the attack).
---
Psicheese/Mind Games
Piece 1: Githyanki Silver Weapon (Weapon Property, Heavy Blade, MOTP)
Piece 2: Psychic Lock (Paragon Tier Feat, PHB)
Piece 3 (optional): Headband of Intellect (Head Slot Item, AV)
Piece 4 (optional, replaces Piece 1): Mindiron Weapon (Weapn Property, Crossbow, AV)

Sequence:
Free Action - Use the At-Will Power on the Githyanki Silver Weapon (turns all damage dealt by the weapon into psychic damage, adds the Psychic keyword to the attack).
---
There's a ton more packages like this, but some are so class or role specific (Like the Sword of Hestavar/Assassin package) that I'll leave those for now. Hope this helps.
That is quite nice, would someone mind rounding up the charge packet for us please?

I'll add those two in the packet section. 
Show
Charge Package:

Horned Helm (More damage)
Badge of the Berzerker (Hassle-free Charging)
Surprising Charge (for Light Blade/Spear users)
Avalanche/Vanguard/Thundergod weapon (Yet more damage)

Optional: Warforged Juggernaut
Optional: Streak of Light Pixie

Add additional melee basic optimisation to taste.

Optional: Mounted with a Lance! 

There is probably some other things I have forgotten, but those are the basics. 
This sounds like an excellent idea, and will submit several of these to help when I get time. I see this being an incredibly useful thread for new players who just want to get up and playing without having to scale the vertical learning curve of CharOp. Kudos for the thought and for putting it all together!
I love this concept for a guide and I'll be happy to drop in my Pixie Thief a bit later today.
I will put up a deva sun domain warpriest.  Since its the simplest good leader build out there.

I am thinking dragonborn simple weapon battle cleric and deva panther shaman as well since I think panther is probably the easiest shaman build for a new player.
Genasi Shielding Swordmage
Difficulty:  **** (Mark tracking, tons of Immediates to deal with, knowing when to use which)

This is a fairly vanilla Genasi Shielding Swordmage.  It could greatly benefit from Mark of Storm and admixture thunder in Paragon, but we'll attempt to keep the base build as setting neutral as possible.  The background provides a small bonus to saving throws against some of the most detrimental effects, and the theme provides a great out of turn attack and extra protection for an ally.  If you're playing in a themed campaign and a certain flavor of resistance is going to be super useful, change the Elemental Manifestation as needed.

As a Swordmage, you're happiest marking one creature and then running off to engage someone else, and using your Immediate every turn to make the marked creature mostly ineffective.

Booming Blade:  +8 vs AC,  1d8 + 5 Thunder damage
Sword Burst:      +5 vs Reflex, 1d6 + 5 Force damage
Level 1

Ki-amar, level 1
Genasi, Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis Option: Aegis of Shielding
Elemental Manifestation Option: Stormsoul
Arcane Student Who Saw Too Much (Arcane Student Who Saw Too Much Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 20, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 11, CHA 8

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Ref: 15 Will: 12
HP: 31 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +10, Athletics +5, Endurance +10, History +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Bluff –1, Diplomacy –1, Dungeoneering +0, Heal +0, Insight +0, Intimidate –1, Nature +2, Perception +0, Religion +5, Stealth +0, Streetwise –1, Thievery +0

POWERS
Guardian Attack: Guardian's Counter
Genasi Racial Power: Promise of Storm
Swordmage Feature: Aegis of Shielding
Swordmage Attack 1: Booming Blade
Swordmage Attack 1: Sword Burst
Swordmage Attack 1: Sword of Sigils
Swordmage Attack 1: Dimensional Thunder

FEATS
Level 1: Intelligent Blademaster

ITEMS
Longsword x1
Leather Armor x1
====== End ======

Immediates at Level 1

Guardian's Counter (Interrupt) allows you to swap places with an ally within 2, and take an attack aimed at them.  You then get a melee basic attack against the attacker.
Aegis of Shielding (Interrupt) allows you to reduce 5+ConMod damage dealt by a creature you have marked if it attacks an ally within 10 squares of you.

Fairly typical set up at level 1, taking Intelligent Blademaster to ensure you have a respectable MBA and creatures will think about provoking.

Booming Blade:  +12 vs. AC, 1d8 + 6 Thunder damage
Sword Burst:      +9 vs Reflex, 1d6 + 6 Thunder damage
Level 5

Ki-amar, level 5
Genasi, Swordmage

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 17, DEX 10, INT 21, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 23 Fort: 17 Ref: 18 Will: 15
HP: 56 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 14

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Athletics +7, Endurance +14, History +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, Insight +4, Intimidate +1, Nature +4, Perception +4, Religion +7, Stealth +2, Streetwise +1, Thievery +2

POWERS
Swordmage Utility 2: Channeling Shield
Swordmage Attack 3: Dimensional Vortex
Swordmage Attack 5: Swordmage Shielding Fire

FEATS
Level 2: Rose King's Shield
Level 4: War Wizard's Expertise

ITEMS
Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +1 x1
Farbond Spellblade Longsword +1 x1
Amulet of Life +1 x1
Acrobat Boots x1
====== End ======

Immediates at Level 5

Guardian's Counter (Interrupt) allows you to swap places with an ally within 2, and take an attack aimed at them.  You then get a melee basic attack against the attacker.
Aegis of Shielding (Interrupt) allows you to reduce 5+ConMod damage dealt by a creature you have marked if it attacks an ally within 10 squares of you.
Armor of Aegis Expansion (Interrupt) allows you to reduce the damage if a marked enemy targets you and at least one ally.  Won't come up every fight, but can be very useful.
Channeling Shield (Interrupt) allows you to reduce the damage for an attack against you or an ally within 10 squares.  And then you get a damage bonus for your next attack.
Dimensional Vortex (Interrupt) allows you to teleport a creature who just hit an ally with a melee attack.  You move the creature up to 5 squares and the attack hits a new, valid target of your choosing.  Drop him right next to his buddy.

With Rose King's Shield, you'll be generating a decent amount of THPs for yourself.  This feat is pretty wonderful through Heroic, though it does taper off in Paragon.  The Farbond Spellblade, combined with Intelligent Blademaster, gives you a Ranged Basic Attack option if the need arises.

Booming Blade:  +16 vs AC, 1d8 + 8 Thunder damage
Sword Burst:      +13 vs Reflex, 1d6 + 8 Force damage
Level 8

Ki-amar, level 8
Genasi, Swordmage

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 18, DEX 10, INT 22, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 27 Fort: 21 Ref: 22 Will: 18
HP: 75 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 18

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +15, Athletics +9, Endurance +17, History +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +4, Heal +4, Insight +6, Intimidate +3, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +10, Stealth +4, Streetwise +3, Thievery +4

POWERS
Swordmage Utility 2: Channeling Shield
Swordmage Attack 3: Dimensional Vortex
Swordmage Attack 3: Transposing Lunge
Swordmage Attack 5: Swordmage Shielding Fire
Swordmage Utility 6: Armathor's Step

FEATS
Level 2: Rose King's Shield
Level 4: War Wizard's Expertise
Level 6: White Lotus Riposte
Level 8: Elemental Echo

ITEMS
Acrobat Boots x1                                 [Bought with gold]
Circlet of Second Chances x1               [Bought with gold]
Farbond Spellblade Longsword +2 x1     [Level - 1 item]
Resplendent Cloak +2 x1                     [Like Level item]
Viper Belt x1                                       [Bought with gold]
Flowform Leather Armor +2 x1              [Level + 1]
====== End ======

Immediates at Level 8

Flowform Armor (No Action) allows you to make a save against a condition as soon as it is imposed. 
Channeling Shield (Interrupt) allows you to reduce the damage for an attack against you or an ally within 10 squares.  And then you get a damage bonus for your next attack.
Dimensional Vortex (Interrupt) allows you to teleport a creature who just hit an ally with a melee attack.  You move the creature up to 5 squares and the attack hits a new, valid target of your choosing.  Drop him right next to his buddy.

White Lotus Riposte helps in adding some extra damage and setting up your Catch 22.  Elemental Echo can give you two turns of bonuses to hit and damage, and combines very nicely with Promise of Storm for some extra damage.

Armathor's Step gives you some movement freedom to reposition yourself as needed, and the Resplendent Cloak provides a good bonus for you and your allies against some of the more detrimental effects.

Transposing Lunge is still great, and we grab that for the level 7 encounter power.

Bargle wrote:

Zelink wrote:
Tell me if this seems too complicated and if there are any math errors I failed to notice.

Shadowmoss, Pixie Thief - **

You charge, and you charge, and then you charge some more. If you can’t charge you make a melee basic or a ranged basic against something granting combat advantage if possible, or against one of your ally's target if not (focuse fire!). You also have the encounter attack power Backstab, I would use this as early in combat as possible, or if you know one enemy will be tougher than the rest, use this on that target. Your typical first turn will be activating Focused Discipline, using Unbalancing Trick to shift 2 and then charge, adding several die of damage when charging including your sneak attack damage since you gain combat advantage while charging, and then knocking the enemy prone. If you have an action point, you should ready an action to attack the same enemy again off-turn. Alternatively, if an enemy is within charge distance, you can instead use Escape Artist’s Trick, then charge. At the end of your turn, shift back two squares and then use the action point to ready another charge against the same enemy. If you ever start your turn next to an enemy and you expect to prone that enemy or flank it or it in some other way presents combat advantage this round, use your minor action to use Sneak in the Attack. You also have the Purple Dragon of Cormyr theme. You want to activate this stance as early in combat as possible because two of its benefits are extremely useful to you: +1 power bonus to melee basic attacks, or shift 1 after hitting with a melee basic attack (since you fly, this can be over your opponent's head). You only get one of these at a time and you can’t gain them on the first turn unless your DM is nice to you (such as if you know you are in a dangerous situation and expect an ambush, ask if you can go into the stance, this is entirely up to the DM), be sure to pick a benefit at the start of the turn after you activate the stance. Remember that since you have altitude limit 1, going above this limit can be dangerous - you rarely want to be on the ground. You can use your tricks to move straight up and charge down (including the square 1 above your enemies). You can ignore the aerial tactics and stay on the ground if this is too complex or if your DM is giving you the stink eye.

Level dependant changes in play (If any):
5: You gain an off-turn action- Cunning Escape -Once an encounter you interrupt an enemy's attack to get a +4 bonus to all defenses against that attack, and you get to shift 3 at the end of that enemy’s turn. Note that sometimes enemies will have off-turn actions and it may not be that enemy’s turn when it attacks you.
6: You gain an off-turn action- Slip Aside -once an encounter you can half the damage you take from an attack

Suggested Items

Bracers of Mighty Striking 2+ - +2 Item bonus to damage with basic attacks
Boots of the Fencing Master 7+ - You should be shifting a lot, so you will get a bonus to AC and Reflex often.
Boots of Adept Charging 2+ - You shift 1 after charging. Focused Discipline with this can set up next turn or AP charge or if you want to use a different trick or are dazed. You can also use this
Strikebacks 10+ - Any chance to get a hit in, also a bonus to opportunity attack rolls.
Rhythm Blade Dagger - Shield bonus to AC and Reflex, ranged attack option
Charge Kit: Vanguard Rapier is best choice for the weapon, the rest is pretty standard charge package.

The charge breakdowns below assume you use the Purple Dragon theme power Focused Discipline to get a +1 power bonus to attack rolls. The CB shows +15 damage at level 11 before adding Light Blade Expertise and I am unsure of where 2 points of damage are coming from, but I went with the numbers it shows as I’m sure I’m just missing something. It also assumes you are not reducing sneak attack damage to impose attack penalties on the target.

Charge Breakdown Level 1
Attack +10 vs AC and 1d8+2d6+7 damage Estimated DPR = 15.23

Show
Shadowmoss, level 1
Pixie, Rogue (Thief)
Proficiency: Weapon Proficiency (Rapier)
Gritty Sergeant (Gritty Sergeant Benefit)
Theme: Purple Dragon

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 20, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 17 Fort: 10 Ref: 17 Will: 13
HP: 23 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Athletics +5, Bluff +8, Intimidate +8, Stealth +12, Thievery +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +0, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering –1, Endurance +0, Heal –1, History +0, Insight –1, Nature +1, Perception –1, Religion +0, Streetwise +3

POWERS
Purple Dragon Utility: Focused Discipline
Pixie Utility: Pixie Dust
Pixie Utility: Shrink
Rogue Utility: Backstab
Rogue Utility: Acrobat's Trick
Rogue Utility: Unbalancing Trick

FEATS
Level 1: Streak of Light

====== End ======

Charge Breakdown Level 5
Attack +17 vs AC and 3d8+2d6+12 damage Estimated DPR = 31.88

Show
Shadowmoss, level 5
Pixie, Rogue (Thief)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 21, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 17

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 11, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Ref: 22 Will: 17
HP: 43 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +13, Athletics +7, Bluff +10, Intimidate +10, Stealth +14, Streetwise +10, Thievery +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +2, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +2, Heal +1, History +2, Insight +1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Religion +2

POWERS
Rogue Utility: Tactical Trick
Rogue Utility: Cunning Escape
Rogue Utility 2: Sneak in the Attack

FEATS
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Surprising Charge

====== End ======

Charge Breakdown Level 8
Attack +20 vs AC and 3d8+1d6+2d8+12 damage Estimated DPR = 38.28

Show

Shadowmoss, level 8
Pixie, Rogue (Thief)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 14, DEX 22, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 15

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 14, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 11

AC: 23 Fort: 18 Ref: 25 Will: 18
HP: 61 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +16, Athletics +9, Bluff +11, Intimidate +11, Stealth +17, Streetwise +11, Thievery +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +4, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +6, Heal +3, History +4, Insight +3, Nature +5, Perception +3, Religion +4

POWERS
Rogue Utility: Tactical Trick
Rogue Utility: Cunning Escape
Rogue Utility: Escape Artist's Trick
Rogue Utility 2: Sneak in the Attack
Rogue Utility 6: Slip Aside

FEATS
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Surprising Charge
Level 6: Nimble Blade
Level 8: Backstabber

====== End ======

Crossbow Artificer

Difficulty:  **** (Healing Infusion nuances, managing some interrupts, class features)

You're a ranged leader, and you focus on passing out buffs and THP to party members along with some debuffing.  Your bread and butter is Magic Weapon, which grants adjacent allies a bonus to hit and a damage bonus to boot.  This means you'll either want to be in the back next to a ranged striker or close to the front lines, just behind your strikers and defenders.  Most of your powers provide their benefits on a hit.  Hitting more means you pass out more goodies, so we're always interested in making sure we hit.  You've got your Arcane Empowerment and Heroic Effort to make sure you hit when you really need to, don't be afraid to use them.

You've got a few very important class features to keep track of, here they are in short:
Arcane Empowerment:  Once per day (and an additional time per milestone reached) you can empower a magical item, allowing you to do one of the following with it:  a one time bonus of +2 to an attack roll after it has been rolled OR recharge the daily power of an item.
You must spend a short rest with the item to empower it thusly.

Arcane Rejuvenation allows your allies to gain an amount of THP whenever they use the daily powers of their magical items.  The amount gained is equal to half your level plus your Intelligence modifier.

Healing Infusion is your basic leader Healing ability, with a few twists.  During a short rest, healing surges need to be expended to replenish your supply of Healing Infusions, but they can be spent by anyone.  You'll probably want to use the Resistive Formula on your beefy, tanky front liners.  It gives them +1 AC, and they can end the bonus at any time to gain a fat lump of THPs.  If you need actual healing, say for someone below zero hit points, then Curative Admixture is there.

Magic Weapon:  +9 vs AC, 1d8 + 5 damage
Level 1

Thom, level 1
Human, Artificer
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 20, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 17 Fort: 14 Ref: 16 Will: 12
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +10, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +5, History +10, Perception +5, Thievery +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Athletics +0, Bluff –1, Diplomacy –1, Endurance +2, Insight +0, Intimidate –1, Nature +0, Religion +5, Stealth +0, Streetwise –1

POWERS
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Artificer Feature: Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture
Artificer Feature: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula
Artificer Attack 1: Magic Weapon
Artificer Attack 1: Static Shock
Artificer Attack 1: Burning Weapons
Artificer Attack 1: Punishing Eye

FEATS
Level 1: Eldritch Fusillade Expertise
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Crossbow Caster

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Brew Potion
Disenchant Magic Item
Enchant Magic Item
Make Whole
Crossbow x1
Leather Armor x1
====== End ======

Punishing Eye is a truly nasty daily, as it can add a boatload of extra damage since it keys off your primary stat.  Right from level 1 you won't need to worry about using minor actions to load your crossbow, thanks to Eldritch Fusillade Expertise, and your crossbow is also your implement for those powers.  Everything wrapped up in a neat little package.

Magic Weapon:  +12 vs AC, 1d10 + 6 Cold damage, -1 AC for the target until end of your next turn if you hit.
Level 5

Thom, level 5
Human, Artificer

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 15, DEX 10, INT 21, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 15
HP: 47 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Dungeoneering +7, Heal +7, History +12, Perception +7, Thievery +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Athletics +2, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +4, Insight +2, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Religion +7, Stealth +2, Streetwise +1

POWERS
Artificer Utility 2: Swift Mender
Artificer Attack 3: Shocking Feedback
Artificer Attack 5: Smokepowder Blast

FEATS
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Superior crossbow)
Level 4: White Lotus Enervation

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Brew Potion
Disenchant Magic Item
Enchant Magic Item
Make Whole
Repulsion Leather Armor +1 x1
Brooch of Shielding +1 x1
Frost Superior crossbow +1 x1
Circlet of Second Chances x1
====== End ======

White Lotus Enervation passes out a debuff to armor if you hit with Magic Weapon, making it great for your melee allies.  The superior crossbow has a +3 proficiency bonus which is the main reason for picking it up.

Repulsion Armor is there to push enemies away from you.  In mid heroic they'll probably have a ranged option, but it won't be nearly as good as their melee.  You can also hold a 3 square wide hallway or corridor against a single creature by positioning yourself in the middle of it.  Circlet of Second Chances is there for your save needs, and the Brooch of Shielding to reduce damage if you get hit hard.

Swift Mender is one of your few save-granting abilities, so love it.  Shocking Feedback is a great out of turn attack and it can reduce the damage an ally was going to take.  Smokepowder Blast is one of your rare enabling powers, so love it as much as Swift Mender.

Magic Weapon:  +16 vs AC, 1d10 + 8 Cold damage, -1 AC for the target until end of your next turn if you hit.
Level 8

Thom, level 8
Human, Artificer

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 22, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 24 Fort: 21 Ref: 23 Will: 18
HP: 63 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +15, Dungeoneering +9, Heal +9, History +15, Perception +9, Thievery +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Endurance +7, Insight +4, Intimidate +3, Nature +4, Religion +10, Stealth +4, Streetwise +3

POWERS
Artificer Utility 2: Swift Mender
Artificer Attack 3: Shocking Feedback
Artificer Attack 5: Smokepowder Blast
Perception Utility 6: Guided Shot
Artificer Attack 7: Vampiric Weapons

FEATS
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Superior crossbow)
Level 4: White Lotus Enervation
Level 6: Improved Initiative
Level 8: Arcane Trapsmith

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Brew Potion
Disenchant Magic Item
Enchant Magic Item
Make Whole
Frost Superior crossbow +2 x1
Repulsion Leather Armor +2 x1
Healer's Brooch +2 x1
Circlet of Second Chances
Gloves of Grace x1
Feyleaf Sandals x1
====== End ======

Your Thievery skill is actually 15 total here for disarming traps or picking locks.  Additionally, you get a +4 feat bonus to Arcana for trap or hazard related checks.  If you've got a talented rogue/thief in the group already, you can replace Arcane Trapsmith with another feat, but it's something that comes up in quite a few dungeon delves.

Guided Shot can help turn an ally's miss into a hit, and Vampiric Weapons gives some decent group healing.

The Gloves of Grace give you another save granting option.

Bargle wrote:

Zelink wrote:
I just wanted to point out that I'm not ignoring this thread, I'll put up comments and stuff for tomorrow.

Only minor comment is to say "Don't worry about lv10-11".  Only 1, 5, 8.  I think this project is ambitious enough without having that much extra stuff added in. 
Show
Deva Sun Domain Warpriest. 

Ease of Play **

Sun Domain Warpriest is probably the easiest leader build to play.  The main thing you will need to worry about is keeping track of bonuses, temporary hitpoints, and which allies need healing or saving throws.

How to play:  This is a tough leader who helps allies with healing, temporary hitpoints, defensive boosts, and saving throws.  Move up next to enemies and attack them with your powers.  Most of them do something whether or not you hit.  At level 1 blessing of battle will be your most consistently used power since it will automatically give an ally damage resistance 3 and if you hit you will give you 3 temporary hitpoints, which will help keep both of you on your feat.  If you or an ally needs a saving throw you have several powers that can help with that like brand of the sun, and you can let allies spend surges up to 2 times an encounter at level 1 with healing word, with an additional 1d6+2 hitpoints.  If you hit with any of your at will or encounter powers you get 3 temporary hitpoints.   You also have resistance to radiant and necrotic damage from your race, but if you do take radiant damage you also get 3 temporary hitpoints.

level 1 sun warpriest

DevaWarpriest Sample, level 1
Deva, Cleric (Warpriest)
Domain: Sun Domain
Goblin Foe (Perception class skill)
Theme: Ironwrought

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 16, DEX 8, INT 14, WIS 18, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 16, DEX 8, INT 12, WIS 16, CHA 10

AC: 18 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 15
HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +9, Insight +9, Perception +9, Religion +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –4, Arcana +2, Athletics –1, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +1, History +4, Intimidate +0, Nature +4, Stealth –4, Streetwise +0, Thievery –4

POWERS
Ironwrought Attack: Inevitable Strike
Deva Racial Power: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Cleric Attack: Smite Undead
Cleric Utility: Healing Word
Cleric Utility 1: Soothing Light
Cleric Attack 1: Blessing of Battle
Cleric Attack 1: Brand of the Sun
Cleric Attack 1: Sun's Glow
Cleric Attack 1: Sun Burst
Cleric Attack 1: Moment of Glory

FEATS
Level 1: Radiant Recovery

ITEMS
Mace x1
Chainmail x1
Heavy Shield x1
Adventurer's Kit
Holy Symbol
Silk Rope (50 ft.)
Writing case
====== End ======

At level 5 you have a few more options.  At level 2 you started to automatically give all your allies a +1 shield bonus to AC.  You and allies within 5 get +2 bonus to death saves.  You make saves to end charm, fear, or psychic effects at the beginning of your turn because of an item.  Your healing word now also gives 3 temporary hitpoints.  You have damage resistance 2 while bloodied from your theme and have resistance to cold from your armor.  You have another attack power that lets you or an ally spend a surge as well.

sunwarpriestlevel 5

DevaWarpriest Sample, level 5
Deva, Cleric (Warpriest)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 17, DEX 8, INT 14, WIS 19, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 21 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18
HP: 49 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +11, Insight +11, Perception +11, Religion +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –2, Arcana +4, Athletics +1, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +3, History +6, Intimidate +2, Nature +6, Stealth –2, Streetwise +2, Thievery –2

POWERS
Cleric Utility: Holy Cleansing
Cleric Utility 2: Shield of Faith
Cleric Attack 3: Resurgent Sun
Cleric Attack 5: Inspire Fervor

FEATS
Level 2: Devout Protector Expertise
Level 4: Weapon Proficiency (Triple-headed flail)

ITEMS
Heavy Shield x1
Adventurer's Kit
Silk Rope (50 ft.)
Writing case
Challenge-Seeking Triple-headed flail +2 x2
Wintersnap Chainmail +1 x1
Amulet of Psychic Interference +1 x1
Flame Bracers (heroic tier) x1
Potion of Resistance (heroic tier)
Potion of Water Walking
Elixir of Invisibility (heroic tier)
====== End ======

Level 8
Because your con went up to 18 this level, your damage resistance from blessing of battle went up to 4, as did the temporary hitpoints you get from hitting with at will and encounter powers and that you give out through healing word,  You also now add a +2 to the defenses of targets of your healing word until end of next turn and it now heals Surge +2d6 +2.  You now have a very good power in searing brand that blinds your enemies, but unlike all your other attacks it does not do anything if you miss with it.  You make all your attacks, including moment of glory, with your weapon now.

sunwarpriest level 8

DevaWarpriest Sample, level 8
Deva, Cleric (Warpriest)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 18, DEX 8, INT 14, WIS 20, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 25 Fort: 19 Ref: 18 Will: 20
HP: 65 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 16

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +14, Insight +14, Perception +14, Religion +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Arcana +6, Athletics +3, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +6, History +8, Intimidate +4, Nature +9, Stealth +0, Streetwise +4, Thievery +0

POWERS
Cleric Utility: Holy Cleansing
Cleric Utility: Resurrection
Cleric Utility 2: Shield of Faith
Cleric Attack 3: Resurgent Sun
Cleric Attack 5: Inspire Fervor
Cleric Utility 6: Stream of Life
Cleric Attack 7: Searing Brand

FEATS
Level 2: Devout Protector Expertise
Level 4: Weapon Proficiency (Triple-headed flail)
Level 6: Battle Intuition
Level 8: Shielding Word

ITEMS
Heavy Shield x1
Adventurer's Kit
Silk Rope (50 ft.)
Writing case
Disrupting Triple-headed flail +2 x1
Astral Fire Finemail +2 x1
Healer's Brooch +2
Boots of Free Movement x1
Flame Bracers (heroic tier) x1
Lesser Elixir of Invisibility
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
====== End ======

Recommended items: Weapon of Evil undone or Disrupting Flail lets you make all your attacks through one item.  Items like healer's broach or healer's armor will make your healing powers even more effective.
I have nothing really useful to contribute to this thread aside from a hearty THANK YOU. This is one of the most interesting and, perhaps, useful threads to hit this forum in a while(aside from handbook updates). I generally lurk around the CharOP forum reading new posts and perusing the Handbooks for creating new characters and i must say even after all this time i'm still pretty terrible at coming up with something original myself. I guess i just don't have the system mastery of the rest of this group.
I would also like to thank GelO for his great handbooks and his SunWarpriest Build as well as Maltese for his Halfling HexBlade build. These are both classes i've been interested in and was looking for a great place to kickstart an idea.

Thank you all. 
I will agree that the Warpriest is the easiest leader to play, but having to remember multiple bonuses and triggered THP does not contribute to a 1-star character. I would consider it at least a 2-star build.

1-star builds are things like straight-up no tricks Thieves and Slayers.
Tell me if this seems too complicated and if there are any math errors I failed to notice.

Shadowmoss, Pixie Thief - ***

You charge, and you charge, and then you charge some more...

====== End ======[/spoiler]

I was debating on posting my pixie (Styx) but it is essentially the same.  Rather than double-up, I will post the differences.

Theme: Fey Beast Tamer (owlbear "Snookielumps")

Feats
L1 Surprising Charge
L2 Light Blade Expertise
L4 Backstabber

Not on cards:
Since Snookie gets a move action when you do, you spend it getting him next to your victim while you set up your combat advantage via Tactical Trick.  Then charge away to a sq adj to Snookie and your foe.  Snookie's aura adds +2 to everyone's damage vs. the target, this encourages focus-firing, a good tactic to practice.
Plus as Snookie is an ally, leaving the square you charged to is always safe.  So free-chain charging. 

At level 5, Snookie's aura makes the adj foe grant CA.  Now you can use your at-will to say knock him prone (Unbalancing Trick) instead.

The focus of the build was to be effective without any magic items

But if you get the option, I would say the top item is a magic weapon (almost any) and Bracers of Mighty Striking, a level 2 common. Since you can fly (death from above ) and Snookie makes backing up to charge again safe, you don't need a badge of berzerker as much.

And here we have a nice simple take on the iconic sword-n-board fighter.

Sword n’ Board Fighter (Weaponmaster): *** (Marking, off turn actions, some conditional bonuses. Possibly ** once the player gets the hang of marking and punishment)
Level 1:

The Fighter is a Defender. It’s your job to make your enemies’ life hell. Either they attack you and your high defences and miss, or they attack your allies, and you whack them over the head for it.

You accomplish this by ‘marking’ your opponent. This is your class feature ‘Combat Challenge’. Whenever you attack an enemy, you apply a ‘mark’ to them until the end of your next turn. If you’re next to that enemy and they attack an ally (Without attack you at the same time, for example with an area-effect attack), you get to use an Immediate Interrupt to attack them with a Melee Basic Attack. You can do this once per round (All Immediate actions are once per round), but not if you’re Dazed. The nice bit is, because it’s an Interrupt, it happens before the attack affects your ally – so you can possibly kill them before they even get to hurt your buddy!

You have two other major class features, as follows:

One-Handed Weapon Talent: +1 to your attack rolls with a one-handed weapon. Nice, simple, powerful and the character builder will handle it for you. A good freebie.

Combat Superiority: You get a bonus to attack with Opportunity Attacks. These are the attacks you make if an enemy tries to move away from you, but doesn’t shift to do so, or if they make a ranged/area attack while you’re next to them. The bonus equals your Wisdom modifier (Currently +2). So you’re more accurate when you’re trying to stop the enemy doing something you don’t want them to do. And if you hit with the OA, the poor sucker stops moving. Basically, once you’re next to someone, they’re probably not going anywhere.

On your powers:

Cleave is nice and simple. Hit one guy, deal a bit of damage to someone else next to you. This extra damage will happily kill a minion. Do note that the secondary damage doesn’t mark the other enemy though.

Tide of Iron helps you define the battlefield. You get to push the enemy around and preferably away from your allies.

Steel Serpent Strike makes it harder for the enemy to move. Since they can’t shift, they either stay right next to you, where you want them, or they try to move away, you make an OA and they stop anyway. Good stuff.

Villain’s Menace is your daily attack. Use it on some big scary major enemy, and you’ll be more accurate and do more damage to them until they’re dead. Even if you miss, you still get a nice buff out of it. Just make sure you remember the bonus on subsequent turns.

Stone’s Endurance is your racial power. Until the end of your next turn, you take 5 less damage from everything. Since you’re supposed to be the tough guy in the group, this is a great tool for you.

Inevitable Strike is your theme power. You can choose to use it when you make an attack. Roll the attack roll twice, and if both would hit, you do some more damage. The good thing about rolling twice is that it increases your chance to hit – if one attack roll hits and the other misses, you can choose to use the one that hits. You won’t get the extra damage that way, but hey, you hit instead of missing and not doing any damage at all. (This is how most powers that allow two attack rolls work, and how this one should work)

Your items are pretty simple: Armour, shield, and the iconic longsword. You also have three javelins you can throw at the enemy if they’re far away or flying. (As a melee character,  flyers can be an issue).

Speaking of those javelins, your feat, Master At Arms is handy. It gives you extra accuracy (Already calculated by the builder) and lets you put away your sword and draw one of those javelins in the same minor action. Normally this would be two separate minor actions.

Dakhoth level 1
Goliath, Fighter
Fighter: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent
Background: Officer Who Came Out of Retirement (Officer Who Came Out of Retirement Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 29 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +4, Endurance +6, Athletics +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +1, Insight +2, Nature +4, Perception +2, Religion, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery

FEATS

POWERS
Ironwrought: Inevitable Strike
Fighter at-will 1: Tide of Iron
Fighter at-will 1: Cleave
Fighter encounter 1: Steel Serpent Strike
Fighter daily 1: Villain's Menace

ITEMS
Heavy Shield, Scale Armor, Longsword, Adventurer's Kit, Javelin (3)
Level 5:

At Level 5 you gain some new tricks:

Your Wisdom mod is now +3, so the bonus from Combat Superiority is now +3 instead of +2

You have two new feats: Improved Defences and Superior Will, both of which increase your NADs (Non-AC Defences), making you harder to kill.

Superior Will also has a nice secondary effect: You can save against being Dazed or Stunned at the start of your turn. Remember that being Dazed stops your Combat Challenge feature working? Getting rid of it sooner rather than later helps you do your job.

Your theme also gives you a new feature – you take 2 less damage from everything while you are bloodied (half health or less remaining). This won’t stack with Stone’s Endurance, but is always on so long as you’re bloodied, even if you’ve already used that power.

You have 3 new powers:

Glowering Threat makes every enemy within two squares of you less accurate against your allies (And this stacks with the -2 from your mark!), meaning they either deal with you, or deal with missing. And since you’re hard to hit, this is a bad deal for them.

Sweeping Blow lets you attack each enemy next to you (And mark all of them, although you can still only use Combat Challenge against one of them). And because you’re wielding a heavy blade (your longsword) you get that bonus it mentions, which is +2 (half your +4 strength mod).

Rain of Steel is your new daily. You enter a stance, which lasts until the end of the encounter, or you fall unconscious, whichever comes first. As it says, you deal damage to enemies who start their turns next to you (In this case 1d8 from the longsword and +1 from its enhancement bonus for 1d8+1 total) as long as you can make OAs – ie: While not dazed or stunned, which is again the point of Superior Will.

Your items are also aimed at helping you do your job.

Black Iron Scale Armor +1: (Level 4 item) Fire and Necrotic are two common damage types, the latter being very common from the undead. You now take 5 less damage from both. This doesn’t stack with your racial power, but it’s always on, so it’s still worth it.

Amulet of Protection +2 (level 6 item) +2 to all your NADs. (Already included in numbers below). Harder to hit means harder to kill.

Acrobat Boots: (level 2 item) You can stand up from being knocked prone as a minor. This is normally a move action, which can put a real crimp on your plans for your turn. These boots let you stand up and still move where you need to be.

Vengeful Longsword +1 (level 5 item) This weapon has a triggered power: If an enemy hits an ally who is bloodied (half health or less remaining) you get a bonus to accuracy and damage against that enemy until the end of your next turn. Remember that you’re supposed to punish enemies for hitting your friends? Yeah, this makes it worse for them.

Dakhoth, level 5
Goliath, Fighter
Background: Officer Who Came Out of Retirement (Officer Who Came Out of Retirement Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 22 Fort: 21 Reflex: 19 Will: 20
HP: 53 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 13

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +6, Endurance +8, Athletics +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Arcana +2, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +5, History +3, Insight +5, Nature +7, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +2, Streetwise +1, Thievery +2

FEATS
Level 1: Master at Arms
Level 2: Improved Defenses
Level 4: Superior Will

POWERS
Fighter utility 2: Glowering Threat
Fighter encounter 3: Sweeping Blow
Fighter daily 5: Rain of Steel

ITEMS
Heavy Shield, Adventurer's Kit, Javelin (3), Amulet of Protection +2, Vengeful Longsword +1, Acrobat Boots (heroic tier), Black Iron Scale Armor +1
Level 8:

At level 8, you have a few more tricks up your sleeve:

Ignore Weakness lets you make a save at the start of your turn against three conditions that are fairly annoying for a Fighter, with a +5 bonus, making you pretty likely to succeed.

Come And Get It is a gem of a power. You attack each enemy within 3 squares of you, which also marks them, and you can pull them close and make them take damage (1d8+2 all up). This is the finest example of how you control the battlefield and define your presence as an un-ignorable threat.

Two new feats come into play

Wary Fighter increases your Initiative, letting you act earlier, and boosts two good skills. The improvement might not seem like much, but it will become more noticeable as you increase in level, and use those skills more.

Shield Push adds a new effect to your Combat Challenge attacks: you now push the target one square on a hit. If done right, this can push the enemy out of range of the ally, invalidating their attack. Don’t you love the idea of making your enemy flail ineffectually against an ally who’s now out of reach? I thought so.

Your items have improved a bit as well.

Dwarven Scale Armour +2: (Level 7 item) It lacks the resistance of the armour used by the level 5 version above, but it has a great power – heal yourself, whenever you need to, once per day. A great way to save yourself from death at the worst possible moments.

Farbond Spellblade Longsword +2 (Level 7 item) This blade lets you throw it, and returns to your hand when you do! So now you can attack any pesky flyers, or mobile enemies who like to keep out of your reach.

Amulet of Protection +2 and Acrobat boots: Same as the level 5 version uses.

Dakhoth, level 8
Goliath, Fighter

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 26 Fort: 24 Reflex: 21 Will: 22
HP: 71 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 17

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +8, Endurance +12, Athletics +15

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Arcana +4, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +7, Heal +7, History +5, Insight +9, Nature +9, Perception +9, Religion +4, Stealth +4, Streetwise +3, Thievery +4

FEATS
Level 1: Master at Arms
Level 2: Improved Defenses
Level 4: Superior Will
Level 6: Wary Fighter
Level 8: Shield Push

POWERS
Fighter utility 2: Glowering Threat
Fighter encounter 3: Sweeping Blow
Fighter daily 5: Rain of Steel
Fighter utility 6: Ignore Weakness
Fighter encounter 7: Come and Get It

ITEMS
Heavy Shield, Adventurer's Kit, Amulet of Protection +2, Acrobat Boots (heroic tier), Dwarven Drakescale Armor +2, Farbond Spellblade Longsword +2
Directory updated.  I have sent PMs to the people who need to do minor tweaking to their submissions.  Thanks all for your work on this project.

If you do not see your build listed properly in the directory, please check your PM inbox. 
Show