In the middle of a game and something has us disagreeing..

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Im playing an EDH game with a friend and i currently ran into something ive never done with this Ghave deck before:

Currently in play is Utopia Mycon (with 3 spore counters), Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, and Parallel Lives.

I removed the 3 counters from the Mycon and with Parallel lives effect 2 Saprolling tokens entered play.  I proceded to sacrifice both to add two mana to my mana pool.  Now Mikaeus's ability should kick in and cause them both to return to play allowing me to sacrifice them again to add two more mana.

However, do they double again from parallel lives when they return from undying?  And do the returning creatures all have +1/+1 (even the copies?)

once a token has left the battlefield it can never return
proud member of the 2011 community team
Tokens disappear when they change zones, so undying will trigger but won't be able to find them.
Tokens disappear when they change zones, so undying will trigger but won't be able to find them.

Just for accuracy sake, tokens don't disappear until state-based actions are checked (which is what causes them to disappear), but if a token has left the battlefield and would then change zones again (including returning to the battlefield), it instead stays into its current zone, which allows it to disappear when SBAs are next checked. That's why Momentary Blink and co don't help tokens, despite the leaving and re-entering all supposed to be happening without an SBA check in between.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O