Wurmcoil Engine vs. Olivia Voldaren

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wurmcoil Engine and Olivia Voldaren

Let's say I take control of wurmcoil engine with olivia. I've played games in the past where Olivia's controller said that even if Olivia dies, they get to keep the creature they took control of, is this true? Because Olivia's take control ability's wording seems that if Olivia leaves play, control of the creature would return to original owner. Like the wording makes me think that IF there were 3 players, player A (olivia's owner) takes control of player B's wurmcoil. Player C takes control of Olivia, then would player C take control of wurmcoil too, which is possessed by Olivia?

Also let's say wurmcoil dies while under olivia's control. Do those tokens enter play under my control or the original owner's control? Thanks for the help on this! 
When Olivia is no longer on the battelifeld, she is no longer under any player's control. So her effect will end.

That said, if Wurmcoil engine dies the controller of it when it died would get the tokens. So even if Olivia and the Wurmcoil die at the same time, they'd get the tokens.
… and then, the squirrels came.
As soon as you lose control of Olivia, the Wurmcoil Engine will return to its previous controller. How you lose control of Olivia is not relevant, be it that she dies, someone steals her from you, or anything else.

When the Engine dies under your control, you will get the tokens and keep them no matter what happens to Olivia. They enter the battlefield under your control, and they are not under any control change effect.

I have started up a Draft experiment in the Limited forums. If you're interested in Draft, come and check it out. The second packs have just been opened!

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

(It will go on for many more weeks, probably until end of July)

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

Right, so there's a reason Olivia's 2nd ability is worded that way. Thank you guys for the clarification.
That does bring up another question.

Player A uses Olivia's 2nd ability to gain control of Player B's Wurmcoil Engine.  Player C uses Act of Treason to take Olivia Voldaren.  Who now has control of the Wurmcoil, and does that effect end at end of turn?
Wurmcoil would revert to it's owners control, as Olivia is no longer in the control of the player who activated the ability
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
Who now has control of the Wurmcoil?

Player B
and does that effect end at end of turn?

which effect?
Act of Treason's control effect? yes, Olivia will return to Player A
Olivia's control effect on the Wurmcoil Engine? no, that effect ended permanently the moment Player C took Olivia.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments