How would you do human tribal?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cavern of Souls seems fun to toy with given some top tier humans in a lot of colors. Plus uncounterable blood moon on legs intrigues me against blue. If you made tribal (loose tribal like just parish and cavern works) how would your list look?
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
Cavern of Souls seems fun to toy with given some top tier humans in a lot of colors. Plus uncounterable blood moon on legs intrigues me against blue. If you made tribal (loose tribal like just parish and cavern works) how would your list look?

I run a green/white human tribal/Equipment deck. One easy combo you can run is Gather the Townsfolk and/Increasing Devotion with Champion of the Parish and Champion of Lambholt. Throw Cathar Crusade into the mix and the counters will never end. I use a Hero of Bladehold to produce more creatures and a Juniper Order Ranger to make the counters reeeeally obnoxious. Mikey the Lunarach and Gavony township will ensure a carnival of counters.
That sounds like it could get out of hand easily, but it seems a little too easy to disrupt. Seems like it would be more geared to the standard format, imo.

I was thinking about Champion of the Parish, definitely, but was more looking at abusing the mana fixing and uncounterablity of the most powerful human cards like snapcaster mage and dark confidant 
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
That sounds like it could get out of hand easily, but it seems a little too easy to disrupt. Seems like it would be more geared to the standard format, imo.

I was thinking about Champion of the Parish, definitely, but was more looking at abusing the mana fixing and uncounterablity of the most powerful human cards like snapcaster mage and dark confidant 

U/W Humans. The counterspells are a lot more powerful, you have Aether Vial as a tool, and Snapcaster has more stuff to play with.
Photobucket
I just made this list last night.

Needs lots of tweaking I'm sure, it's just something I threw together.  For the sideboard there's Grand Abolisher, Meddling Mage, Ethersworn Canonist, Mirran Crusader, Riders of Gavony, Ulvenwald Tracker, and more.

I've also looked through Wizards recently.  That includes a lot of the good humans, plus Qasali Pridemage, Aven Mindcensor, Vendilion Clique, and Sower of Temptation, among others.  I think I'm going to put together a Human/Wizard deck later to combine all the best of both.  Knight of the Reliquary can always grab extra Caverns.
Sign In to post comments