3x Tragic Slip
2x Bone Splinters
3x Killing Wave
1x Smallpox

Land:
4x Dragonskull Summit
3x Blackcleafe Cliffs
15x Swamp 

I feel like this deck is pretty good. I have done some testing and in my experience this deck just gets there. It often gets there by its teeth but it does. I guess I should explain some interactions:

Fume Spitter + Geralf's Messenger: I'm sure quite a few of you are familiar with this. Messenger dies, comes back with a +1/+1 counter and then sacrifice Fume Spitter to take off the counter. Sometimes you will want to, sometimes you won't but just having the option there is pretty nice.

Bone Splinters + Geralf's Messenger: Swing with the messenger, they choose not to block so they don't lose their creature. Then afterwords Splinters sacrificing your messenger to take out their guy. They lose another 2 life and they lose their creature.

Bone Splinters + Gravecrawler + Another Zombie: Basically, you just splinters their guy and you replay gravecrawler. Seems merely decent to some people but with a blood artist out this whole thing becomes a neat interaction for some life.

Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler + Zombie + Blood Artist: This is a rather complex interaction but it comes up a bit more than you would think. You basically can just drain them for one life according to how much B you have.

Killing Wave: I'm betting some of you are questioning this. This is the only deck where I would consider playing it. Every time I have played it in testing I ask myself whether I want Black Sun instead. I often find not so much. Imagine a board where I have a blood artist, a geralf's messenger, and a gravecrawler. I swing with messenger and gravecrawler. They take 5. Killing wave for 3. I pay 3 to keep in Blood Artist while I sacrifice Messenger and Gravecrawler. I drain them for 2 with blood artist. 7. Undying for Messenger, they take another 2 which is 9 damage total this turn. If they choose to keep say... a mirran crusader they take 3 more which brings the damage to 12. If they sacrificed 2 more creatures, I drain them for 2 more. So in essence they have taken 12 this turn and I gained one with a blood artist and a messenger in play as well as a gravecrawler sitting in the graveyard which is going to be played next turn. The next 8 life won't be so hard and if I had hit with a gravecrawler T1 they would be at 6. The Messenger came down the turn earlier so they would be sitting at 4. At this point, a Fume Spitter, Aristocrat, Metamorph, and a slew of other cards is lethal.

Had it been a Black Sun, I would not have a Blood Artist out which is something I think I like better. Anyways, Black Sun is correct in a number of situations which is why I'm thinking of -1 Killing Wave +1 Black Sun. 

I really wanted a 3rd drop so I put Soulcage Fiend in. I put them in because it beats for 3 and if they decide to kill it, I'm fine because they lose another 3 life. It isn't Messenger 5-6 like I wish it could be but they get the job done more often than not.

Having 2 Blood Artist is not unreasonable considering the metamorphs. I wanted another drain effect so I put in one aristocrat but that may be up for discussion.

So thoughts? 
I love Blood Artist. Love Blood Artist. However, I've toyed around with it a bit myself and, at least with my variants, my decks just didn't function as well without Blood Artist. I don't know if it's the same with you, but without any available tutors, I'd suggest trying to include Blood Artist as a suppliment rather than a core.

That said, I like the build in general. I can't really say much beyond personal tweaking and testing.

... except for Altar's Reap. It's absolutely house and you currently have no solid card advantage.

Edit: I just wanted to confirm this before I posted... Metamorph is better with Messenger thanks to the undying.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
I love Blood Artist. Love Blood Artist. However, I've toyed around with it a bit myself and, at least with my variants, my decks just didn't function as well without Blood Artist. I don't know if it's the same with you, but without any available tutors, I'd suggest trying to include Blood Artist as a suppliment rather than a core.

That said, I like the build in general. I can't really say much beyond personal tweaking and testing.

... except for Altar's Reap. It's absolutely house and you currently have no solid card advantage.

Edit: I just wanted to confirm this before I posted... Metamorph is better with Messenger thanks to the undying.

The Aristocrat lets the deck get there without Blood Artist and with all of the Messenger/Gravecrawler shenanigans the deck still gets there without it. All of the cards in the deck are still good without Blood Artist down. It just goes insane if I manage to land it. I really tried to make the deck work without one out and I feel like I succeeded.

Altar's Reap is interesting. I think it might be worth trying out then. 
What about Mortarpod? gives you reach with blood artist/noble, plays well with gravecrawler, etc.

Ive been trying out something similar in B/G, using mortarpod, typhoid rats, ambush viper, and perilous myr to interact with artist/noble and kill their dudes (DT and mortarpod are fun!). 
Creatures:
4x Fume Spitter
4x Grave Grawler
2x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Blood Artist
4x Geralf's Messenger
4x Phyrexian Metamorph
2x Soulcage Fiend
3x Falkenrath Aristocrat
1x Skinrender
1x Falkenrath Noble

Other:
3x Tragic Slip
2x Bone Splinters
3x Killing Wave
1x Smallpox

Land:
4x Dragonskull Summit
3x Blackcleafe Cliffs
15x Swamp 

I feel like this deck is pretty good. I have done some testing and in my experience this deck just gets there. It often gets there by its teeth but it does. I guess I should explain some interactions:

Fume Spitter + Geralf's Messenger: I'm sure quite a few of you are familiar with this. Messenger dies, comes back with a +1/+1 counter and then sacrifice Fume Spitter to take off the counter. Sometimes you will want to, sometimes you won't but just having the option there is pretty nice.

Bone Splinters + Geralf's Messenger: Swing with the messenger, they choose not to block so they don't lose their creature. Then afterwords Splinters sacrificing your messenger to take out their guy. They lose another 2 life and they lose their creature.

Bone Splinters + Gravecrawler + Another Zombie: Basically, you just splinters their guy and you replay gravecrawler. Seems merely decent to some people but with a blood artist out this whole thing becomes a neat interaction for some life.

Falkenrath Aristocrat + Gravecrawler + Zombie + Blood Artist: This is a rather complex interaction but it comes up a bit more than you would think. You basically can just drain them for one life according to how much B you have.

Killing Wave: I'm betting some of you are questioning this. This is the only deck where I would consider playing it. Every time I have played it in testing I ask myself whether I want Black Sun instead. I often find not so much. Imagine a board where I have a blood artist, a geralf's messenger, and a gravecrawler. I swing with messenger and gravecrawler. They take 5. Killing wave for 3. I pay 3 to keep in Blood Artist while I sacrifice Messenger and Gravecrawler. I drain them for 2 with blood artist. 7. Undying for Messenger, they take another 2 which is 9 damage total this turn. If they choose to keep say... a mirran crusader they take 3 more which brings the damage to 12. If they sacrificed 2 more creatures, I drain them for 2 more. So in essence they have taken 12 this turn and I gained one with a blood artist and a messenger in play as well as a gravecrawler sitting in the graveyard which is going to be played next turn. The next 8 life won't be so hard and if I had hit with a gravecrawler T1 they would be at 6. The Messenger came down the turn earlier so they would be sitting at 4. At this point, a Fume Spitter, Aristocrat, Metamorph, and a slew of other cards is lethal.

Had it been a Black Sun, I would not have a Blood Artist out which is something I think I like better. Anyways, Black Sun is correct in a number of situations which is why I'm thinking of -1 Killing Wave +1 Black Sun. 

I really wanted a 3rd drop so I put Soulcage Fiend in. I put them in because it beats for 3 and if they decide to kill it, I'm fine because they lose another 3 life. It isn't Messenger 5-6 like I wish it could be but they get the job done more often than not.

Having 2 Blood Artist is not unreasonable considering the metamorphs. I wanted another drain effect so I put in one aristocrat but that may be up for discussion.

So thoughts? 

Birthing Pod goes very well with crawler+messenger.

Step One:
Quote the whole post? 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

I do not feel like taking 4 life just to pod a crawler into an artist and then 2 life for each subsequent creature. I'm not going to unstablize the mana base to put in green either.

A few changes:

+2 Diregraf Ghoul
-1 Killing Wave
-1 Soulcage Fiend

I often found myself with 2 killing waves in my hand which is something I do not want. 1 per game is perfectly fine. Soulcage Fiend isn't performing as well as I had hoped and I will probably -1 more Soulcage Fiend for +1 Mortarpod soon.

I went +2 Ghouls which is what I should have been playing in the first place. This deck really wants to land a 1-drop so playing 12 of them should get you there consistently.

The 3x Aristocrats have just been all-stars. Every time I'm starting to sputter out, I just land the aristocrat and it helps you get there so easily.

Someone has suggested Phyrexian Obliterator to me. It would be alright in this deck. The thing is, Aristocrats already serve that spot for me. Getting in for 4 haste on turn 4 is super important. If I do decide to go Obliterator, it would be -1 Skinrender for it or I would put 2 in the SB. However, that really kills me in terms of $$$ as I really don't feel like laying down $40 for 2 cards in the Sideboard when there are other perfectly good choices out there for it.

Have you tried out Altar's Reap?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Have you tried out Altar's Reap?

I meant to address this as well. I have not yet gotten to trying it out yet.
This deck is BRUTAL. I was testing my Naya Human Zoo deck out (insane power with a little luck), and this thing had me on the ropes hard. Makes me want to try it out myself.

Killing Wave: I agree it's probably best at 3; 4 definitely seems a bit much.

Aristocrat: Love this thing, and in this deck?? Just nasty. The haste is fantastic, and I really think the evasion combined with a sac outlet puts this over Obliterator. Also, it's a Vamp, so if you run Cavern of Souls, you're probably golden with Vampire or Zombie.

Actually, that brings me to another idea: while I like the Spitters, if you changed them out for 4x Stromkirk Noble and ran 4x Cavern/Blackcleave, you'd have a decent setup for 12 Turn 1 drops that can kill someone pretty quickly if not answered immediately. I'm not sure if it'd work out, but a suicide sac deck like this (Sui-Machine Head??) would, I assume, like all the fastest beats possible, yes?

Also, yeah, prolly -1 Pox, -1 Slip, +2 Mortarpod or something. I dunno, I'd love to fit 2x Altar's Reap and 3x Brimstone Volley in here, but I think that's asking WAY too much.

LOL! Maybe it's worth it to run Vexing Devil?? XD
Resident Logic Cannon
Okay, so "No" on the Nobles, but "Yes" on the Volleys. This thing is a monster:

STANDARD ZOMBICIDE

-Creatures-
4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Gravecrawler
4x Blood Artist
4x Geralf's Messenger
4x Falkenrath Aristocrat
3x Phyrexian Metamorph
2x Fume Spitter
2x Highborn Ghoul
Total: 27

-Spells-
3x Killing Wave
3x Brimstone Volley
2x Geth's Verdict
Total: 8

-Artifacts-
2x Mortarpod
Total: 2

-Land-
4x Blackcleave Cliffs
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Dragonskull Summit
11x Swamp
Total: 23

TCD: 60

-Sideboard-
4x Despise
4x Crypt Creeper
3x Act of Aggression
2x Nihil Spellbomb
2x Dismember
Total: 15

Still not sure about all the stuff in the SB, but Act, Creeper, and Dismember are staying, at the very least. Nihil could probably change, and I have no idea how well Despise works or even what to SB out for it, or in what matches to play it! Any advice there would be appreciated.

Resident Logic Cannon
Honestly, it's mostly that many folks don't see the middleground of Killing Wave. It keeps your wheels spinning quite effectively in most/ all mono-:B: and sometimes it's just too much to bare. I don't like Highborn Ghoul or the full playset of Geralf's Messenger here since Geralf doesn't want to see a cavern for uncounterable Vampires push him back a couple of turns. Why not try Pyreheart Wolf and Olivia Voldaren?
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Comments:
Brimstone Volley seems like an interesting addition. I might give it a shot.

I have found 3x Killing Wave is too much. I never want to draw more than one in a game.

Highborn Ghoul is not to my liking. I much prefer the 4x Fume Spitter so that I am pretty much guarenteed to have a 1 drop in my hand.

I have learned that I need to be aggressive in my mulligans. If I see a hand with 4 lands, I'm more than likely to pitch. HOWEVER, if I see a hand with one land, I will probably keep it.

EDIT: realllllllly don't like the cavern in here. I only play 7 duals and I find that it is enough for me. 
EDIT: realllllllly don't like the cavern in here. I only play 7 duals and I find that it is enough for me. 

Nobody likes Caverns in anything Standard. Non-Vial Goblin, Merfolk, and Faerie Legacy is it. For some reason, it's just taking a few long weeks to set in...
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Comments:
Brimstone Volley seems like an interesting addition. I might give it a shot.

I have found 3x Killing Wave is too much. I never want to draw more than one in a game.

Highborn Ghoul is not to my liking. I much prefer the 4x Fume Spitter so that I am pretty much guarenteed to have a 1 drop in my hand.

I have learned that I need to be aggressive in my mulligans. If I see a hand with 4 lands, I'm more than likely to pitch. HOWEVER, if I see a hand with one land, I will probably keep it.

How important is blood artist? Is it the type of card you wait to play until all of the pieces are in place, or do you drop him turn 2 and start swinging?
How important is blood artist? Is it the type of card you wait to play until all of the pieces are in place, or do you drop him turn 2 and start swinging?

Well, he can't exactly swing, but no. You don't wait until the last second to cast him. In my personal experience, his casting followed suit with any other card in any other deck...

... whenever I felt like it. 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Blood Artist is my favorite card and very fun to play...can be great with Zombie or Tokens

Here is my Cranberries Zombie

Porcelain Legionnaire is white however it is great in there as awesome 2 drop. 2 life...oh well but 3/1 is nice! Perious Myr is cool bomb...hit me or I use my Killing Wave. Killing Wave is bad card however great with Blood Artist lol Keep it low to 1-2. I feel Brimstone Volley might belong there...good card and finisher. I keep Tragic for now

Well, he can't exactly swing, but no. You don't wait until the last second to cast him. In my personal experience, his casting followed suit with any other card in any other deck...

... whenever I felt like it. 

I only ask because he's so fragile. Also, I realize he isn't the one that is actually swinging.

One more thing, how important is killing wave? A sorcery speed sac outlet doesn't seem like it would work as well as the Aristocrat. These are sincere questions, I don't play paper anymore so I haven't had a chance to test any of the new cards.
Wave is excellent. I've revised my list heavily, and now I'm only running 2 of them, but it can really push through a win when they've managed to lock down the Board with either a wall of creatures or Planeswalkers or something and you don't have an Aristocrat. If nothing else, casting it for X=0 and saccing everything is hilarious and people never understand until I show them how it works. XD
Resident Logic Cannon
I'll explain Killing Wave.

I have 3 Blood Artists in play and an Aristocrat. I sacrifice 2 blood artists and the aristocrat to the aristocrat thereby draining them 6.

Now, I just have 3 Blood Artists. I play Killing Wave. It kills all of the blood artists at once draining them for 9. It just allows you to kill all of your creatures at once.

Few other notes:
It's cool to keep one land hands if your hand is decent enough with so many 1 cost spells. 2 lands is the magic number for the number of lands you want in your hand though.

Generally you should mulligan if you have 2x Killing Waves in your hand. Also, mulligan is probably a good idea if you have 4 lands in your hand. 5 is an auto-throw no matter what the other 2 cards are.

Anyways... I play 4x Crypt Creeper Main Board. It is so useful and still gets in for 2. Totally better than the Highborn Ghoul in this meta IMO. Snapcaster the Mana Leak? Okay Creeper it out. You play zombies too? Exile your gravecrawler. Frites? Your big dude... you get the picture. I can only think of R/G aggro and Wolf Run where their graveyard doesn't matter much but it's still alright with the 2/1 body and the fact it is a zombie. 
Um, the Aristocrat sac thing doesn't work. The sacrifice part is part of the cost of the ability, so the Artists are gone before the effect hits the stack. Sac Artists to Aristocrat last, which doesn't work with multiple Artists like you describe.

Still, Wave is spectacular. Guy played Timely Reinforcements and I had about 5 land in play, and I just laughed and laughed. Or the time a guy was at 7 with a Stalker+Pike in play, so I played Wave for X=6...and he took the six. I top-decked a Verdict the next turn.

Yeah, I kept a hand with Cliffs, Crawler, Diregraf, Verdict, and three Volleys. That game was awesome. Seriously, this deck is the funnest thing I've played in ages. Updated list:

ZOMBICIDE

-Creatures-
4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Gravecrawler
4x Blood Artist
4x Geralf's Messenger
4x Falkenrath Aristocrat
3x Phyrexian Metamorph
2x Fume Spitter
2x Highborn Ghoul
Total: 27

-Spells-
3x Brimstone Volley
2x Killing Wave
2x Tragic Slip
2x Geth's Verdict
Total: 9

-Artifacts-
2x Mortarpod
Total: 2

-Land-
3x Cavern of Souls
4x Blackcleave Cliffs
4x Dragonskull Summit
11x Swamp
Total: 22

TCD: 60

-Sideboard-
3x Despise
3x Crypt Creeper
3x Act of Aggression
2x Surgical Extraction
2x Go for the Throat
2x Pillar of Flame
Total: 15

I definitely prefer the Highborn MD; the Intimidate is better than you'd think, but then, I only run 2 MD. I like this SB so far, though I'm still iffy on Despise. I need to test how good it is, but I'm never sure where to SB it in or for what.
Resident Logic Cannon
I feel Cavern is bad...you will lose tempo. I don't think it is needed

Highborn is fine but not the best right now. Most is choosing this guy Porcelain Legionnaire as best 2 drop

You should try out Perilous Myr....it is a bomb

I love Phyrexian Metamorph but when you have Blood Artist...you gotta bring alot of drops not big drops. This is Blood Artist deck not Zombie anymore

SB should have Ratchet Bomb if you have serious problem with Sword or Tokens even Crusader also try Corrosive Gale to stop token flyers and Delver. Nihil is needed or Surgical...whatever you think it is best. Nihil is my choice as best

What you think of my list at #17
Why not barter in blood over killing wave?
Why not barter in blood over killing wave?

Barter in Blood does not hit the face.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
I feel Cavern is bad...you will lose tempo. I don't think it is needed

How would I be losing tempo?? It comes into play untapped and helps Messenger and Aristocrat avoid Mana Leak. It's also another mana-fixer for Aristocrat when necessary. There is very little downside to running it, sir, and Tempo is definitely not one of those when only 9 of the cards in my deck aren't helped by it.

Highborn is fine but not the best right now. Most is choosing this guy Porcelain Legionnaire as best 2 drop

Legionnaire is a big target, costs you life you might not be able to afford later on in a game (especially not with the Suicide route I'm taking), and it has no Evasion.

Evasion>Power almost every time.

I love Phyrexian Metamorph but when you have Blood Artist...you gotta bring alot of drops not big drops. This is Blood Artist deck not Zombie anymore

Incorrect. Blood Artist and Killing Wave are simply additions to help a deck along that has already proven itself to be at least Tier 2, if not better. Zombie decks were already fairly excellent, but these additions give them two things: Mass Removal for Tokens in Killing Wave (Token Chump Blockers was a serious problem before) and a decent 2-drop in Blood Artist (of which Highborn is the only decent one, and even then...).

SB should have Ratchet Bomb if you have serious problem with Sword or Tokens even Crusader also try Corrosive Gale to stop token flyers and Delver. Nihil is needed or Surgical...whatever you think it is best. Nihil is my choice as best

I'll definitely give those Ratchets a try, but I think 22 mana base might make using Gale effectively a problem.

What you think of my list at #17

Your curve is a bit odd; I'd go the B/u route with a slower curve. I'd think the Captain would be better than Soulcage Fiend.
Resident Logic Cannon
I'll definitely give those Ratchets a try, but I think 22 mana base might make using Gale effectively a problem.

An X=2 kills everything that flies. How is that hard?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

An X=2 kills everything that flies. How is that hard?

I would say X=3 is probably closer to what you will be paying on average. Only because I can definitely see the spirit Delver lists running Drogskol Captain, Phantasmal Image and Favorable Winds catching on.

I tend to agree though, more often than not you should never have to pay more then 4 for X, and even those situations should be pretty rare.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Honestly, I've only tested a few games against Delver, but it's already a favorable matchup with Zombies; too many efficient kill cards for them to handle with so few threats (Spitter is a house).

Still, I'm definitely messing around with my SB, and I'll leave Gale as an option to test out. 
Resident Logic Cannon
As much as I like B/R, I feel U/B offers a little bit more to this style of deck. This list is my U/B zombies list minus the Phyrexian Obliterator and Liliana of the Veil. I didn't commit to the Blood Artist fully, but instead used the card to compliment what already existed. Which is why you only see 3 copies. Also, I don't think Cavern is worth it at all. Anyways, here it is:

3 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Blood%20Artist&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Blood Artist</a>
3 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Diregraf%20Captain&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Diregraf Captain</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Diregraf%20Ghoul&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Diregraf Ghoul</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Geralf%27s%20Messenger&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Geralf's Messenger</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Gravecrawler&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Gravecrawler</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Phantasmal%20Image&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Phantasmal Image</a>
2 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Soulcage%20Fiend&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Soulcage Fiend</a>

3 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Geth%27s%20Verdict&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Geth's Verdict</a>
2 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Killing%20Wave&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Killing Wave</a>
2 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Mortarpod&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Mortarpod</a>
3 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Smallpox&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Smallpox</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Tragic%20Slip&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Tragic Slip</a>

4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Darkslick%20Shores&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Darkslick Shores</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Drowned%20Catacomb&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Drowned Catacomb</a>
4 x <a title="" href="http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Swamp&amp;ref=hover" rel="nofollow">Swamp</a>

Board:
[deck]
2 Crypt Creeper
3 Distress
2 Go for the Throat
3 Ratchet Bomb
2 Sever the Bloodline
1 Smallpox
2 Surgical Extraction
[/deck]
Tempo is the name of the game currently, as control and combo are very weak right now. This does generate good tempo, and I see all the cute little interactions, some seem a bit overly complex, but all are doable for sure. Messenger and gravecrawler, houses for sure. The consistent life swing off blood artist is cool too, and you are set up to always be on the winning side of a killing wave. Sandbox testing looks solid, but how are your real life matchups? I don't see this beating delver, still the king. Wolf run may give you problems as u cant effectively suppress Inkmoth or wolf run, but the MU should be more doable. This does look very solid against reanimator, and most everything else tho. But getting to the top does mean beating what's already there. I'd just like to know how it fares, especially vs delver. The T1 delver+all the bounce and counters...real hard.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

Come friday, I'll probably be playing this deck online:

Creatures (28)

4 Gravecrawler
    4 Diregraf Ghoul
    4 Blood Artist
    4 Crypt Creeper
    4 Geralf’s Messenger
    3 Falkenrath Aristocrat
    3 Fume Spitter
    2 Phyrexian Metamorph

Spells (10)
    4 Pillar of Flame
    4 Brimstone Volley
    2 Killing Wave

Land (22)

4 Dragonskull Summit
    4 Blackcleave Cliffs
    2 Cavern of Souls
    11 Swamp
    1 Mountain

Sideboard (15)

3 Act of Aggression
    3 Torch Fiend
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Manabarbs
    2 Doom Blade

I feel really good about how this deck will deal with delver and ramp. Not sure about it's humans or RG aggro MU though
2:25 PM sneakattackkid: my basics are worth more... 5:21 PM Nighthavk_: I was splitting more 8-4s than a hooker splits her legs. 11:42 PM Nighthavk_: because honestly, your opponent may be caw, but he'll probably be a drooling idiot who just found out porn exists.
My deck kills delver pretty well.

In my deck I have 7 ways I can kill a turn 1 delver. 9 if I'm on the play and I can play mortarpod. Delver itself is not a problem for me to solve.

If they vapor snag me I don't lose much tempo since most of the stuff costs 1 anyways. And I think I'm okay with them vapor snagging my messenger. 3x Metamorph can nail a Geist. If they hold the geist until they have mana leak mana open then I can just bash their heads in.

I've played 6 games against delver and I won 4 of them. I'm inclined it's at least a 60-40 matchup.

Against wolf run and R/G aggro their birds/elves die and they rely quite a bit on those for accel. I'm slightly scared of Inferno Titan so I run Act of Aggression SB to finish them off. It would be 9 damage coming at them from their own Inferno (or 6 in terms of Prime Time) and that is more than enough. However, that is only theoretical as I have yet to play a game against WRR.

I've played 30 games against R/G aggro and I'm 70-30 in g1 and around 50-50 g2 after they side in pilar of flames.
Tempo is the name of the game currently, as control and combo are very weak right now. This does generate good tempo, and I see all the cute little interactions, some seem a bit overly complex, but all are doable for sure. Messenger and gravecrawler, houses for sure. The consistent life swing off blood artist is cool too, and you are set up to always be on the winning side of a killing wave. Sandbox testing looks solid, but how are your real life matchups? I don't see this beating delver, still the king. Wolf run may give you problems as u cant effectively suppress Inkmoth or wolf run, but the MU should be more doable. This does look very solid against reanimator, and most everything else tho. But getting to the top does mean beating what's already there. I'd just like to know how it fares, especially vs delver. The T1 delver+all the bounce and counters...real hard.

Zombies typically destroy delver, it's one of the best matchups. Wolfrun is a bitch as well as g/r aggro. You've never played a zombie deck eh?
Never vs one this good, lol

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

I'm a huge fan of Hex Parasite.
It is anti-planeswalker and brings back the undying.
I've been thinking about this deck and I really want to run Thatcher's Revolt in the BR list.
I've been thinking about this deck and I really want to run Thatcher's Revolt in the BR list.

After some testing, u/b zombies is trash. Black and Red are the only colors to play. The reach is fantastic and b/r has a better control matchup. My two cents.

After some testing, u/b zombies is trash. Black and Red are the only colors to play. The reach is fantastic and b/r has a better control matchup. My two cents.

Hmmm i would have to disagree with you a little bit here, however i do agree with you about BR zombies having a better control matchup than UB. BR has no lord and no additional damage from the lord & blood artist combo. also, metamorph comes out a turn later than phantasmal image and you would have to pay 2 life, which in a meta consisting of primarily aggro decks ( at least my meta does) is not beneficial to you.

also Phyrexian Obliterator over aristocrat any day, well until rotation. 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12

Hmmm i would have to disagree with you a little bit here, however i do agree with you about BR zombies having a better control matchup than UB. BR has no lord and no additional damage from the lord & blood artist combo. also, metamorph comes out a turn later than phantasmal image and you would have to pay 2 life, which in a meta consisting of primarily aggro decks ( at least my meta does) is not beneficial to you.

also Phyrexian Obliterator over aristocrat any day, well until rotation. 

I'm done with clone effects. I'd rather stay on curve and keep it simple.

One more thing... The perfect curve is t-1 crawler, t-2 artist, t-3 messenger and t-4 aristocrat. Fourteen damage on t-4 is brutal.
Come friday, I'll probably be playing this deck online:

I feel really good about how this deck will deal with delver and ramp. Not sure about it's humans or RG aggro MU though

Autodecked, for everyone's convenience :3

Land : 24
Cavern of Souls x 1
Blackcleave Cliffs x 4
Dragonskull Summit x 4
Swamp x 14
Mountain x 1

Creatures : 25
Vexing Devil x 4
Gravecrawler x 4
Diregraf Ghoul x 4

Blood Artist x 4 
Mortarpod x 2

Geralf's Messenger x 4

Falkenrath Aristocrat x 2
Lashwrithe x 1
Phyrexian Metamorph x 1

Stuff : 10
Pillar of Flame x 3
Killing Wave x 2

Brimstone Volley x 4 
Liliana of the Veil x 1

Sideboard : 15
Cavern of Souls x 1
Ancient Grudge x 2
Torch Fiend x 1
Shrine of Burning Rage x 4
Ratchet Bomb x 3
Doom Blade x 1
Liliana of the Veil x 1
Phyrexian Metamorph x 1
Thunderous Wrath x 1

At the risk of starting a twenty page argument, this is my list. I know it's weird, but it's just a different angle. I can't really say much more about it because I simply haven't played it, but I will get around to testing it over the next day or two and give my thoughts.

Does Vexing Devil belong here? Probably not, I'm well aware. :P
IMAGE(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/Nasrod/BigRedForumSigNostretch.jpg)
Sign In to post comments