America's Burning Vengeance

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so I ran this last week at FNM to a 2-2 out of 6 rounds record due mostly to starving and wanting to go get food so I left.  But the deck is a blast to play and the mana is surprisingly capable and I think I was mana-screwed maybe once out all my games that night.  Just seeing if the Resident Geniuses had any tips or tricks to improve...

I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
You need more dig; 4 Desperate Ravings would be nice.

What exactly is white doing here? It's like the white half of the deck has absolutely nothing to do with the Vengeance stuff. Two half-decks isn't a good way to build a whole deck. 
You need more dig; 4 Desperate Ravings would be nice.

What exactly is white doing here? It's like the white half of the deck has absolutely nothing to do with the Vengeance stuff. Two half-decks isn't a good way to build a whole deck. 

There are 4 Desperate Ravings right under the Day of Judgment. 

The white got started because there where times that I needed chump blockers for some reason or another and decided to try Lingering Souls.  And it was really good and sometimes added a new win condition.  Then a friend asked what I would do if people destroyed my vengeances, and I had no answer. After some thinking Sun Titan brings them back quite nicely and agains make me not entirely dependent on the enchantment to win.  So ealy game I can fill my graveyard with flashback spells, titans, and images.  Mid game I can start flashing back and picking off guys/getting some damage in, and late I reanimate the Titans and win with massive beaters.  its surprisingly effective thouh it does look bad on paper.

I like fun, but competitive decks. So I might not play what is optimal but they have normally been tested to have a 2/3 winrate.
Played the deck again at FNM this week after taking a few weeks off to explore some AVR stuff and went 5-1 this week getting 3rd.  Im starting to think the deck is rather resilient  The only loss was to RWU control.  Surprisingly I even won against a turn one Grafdigger's Cage without seeing an Ancient Grudge or O-ring all game.  This is starting to be really fun.
Bump or has this forum just died
I played a deck like this three month's ago, and it beated the **** out of every other deck (even Delver) when the mana kept coming. But if you were slightly screwed (mana or color), you just lost, and lost hard.
92195628 wrote:
I just heard the distinct noise of a lone guitar string breaking, somewhere off in the distance.
i like the deck, as well as Burning Vengeance in general. Can i ask why no Snapcaster Mages? I realize they are quite expensive, which is a good reason, but they are very nice to flashback stuff for usually cheaper cost.
i like the deck, as well as Burning Vengeance in general. Can i ask why no Snapcaster Mages? I realize they are quite expensive, which is a good reason, but they are very nice to flashback stuff for usually cheaper cost.

and give what flashback?  all the spells that already have flashback?

as is, it doesn't make sense to add it, but if the deck adds things like pillar of flame (recommended), and such, then it makes sense to play like 2 snaps. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Burning Fores hit the nail on the head.  Snapcaster just doesn't do enough.  At best he could bring back Day or Slagstorm but at that point in the game you could be having Titans or winning through multiple BV's.
I wanted to post my list to get some suggestions on it from you guys. It is UR (lacking white) due to not having the duals for UWR. I've been tweaking for a while now and still haven't found a perfect balance. Here's the list:

Lands:

6x Island
10x Mountain
2x Shimmering Grotto
3x Ghost Quarter
4x Sulfur Falls 
1x Desolate Lighthouse

Spells:

4x Think Twice  
4x Desperate Ravings 
2x Forbidden Alchemy 
1x Faithless Looting  

4x Mana Leak
4x Dissipate

3x Slagstorm
2x Whipflare

2x Devil's Play
1x Ancient Grudge 
3x Geistflame

4x Burning Vengeance

Sideboard:

2x Ancient Grudge
3x Frost Titan
2x Ratchet Bomb
1x Slagstorm
1x Karn Liberated
2x Phantasmal Image
4x Delver of Secrets

It has good Aggro and Delver Matchups but has really bad Ramp and Control matchups. 

On the topic of Treasure Mage: Hello planeswalkers. Look at your hand, now back to me, now back to your hand, now back to me. Sadly, your hand doesn't have a big game-winning bomb in it, but if you searched through your library for an artifact with converted mana cost of 6 or greater, you could get one. Look down, now back up, shuffle your library. Where are you? You're in a Magic game, and you're losing. What's that in your hand? It's a Wurmcoil Engine. Look again, the Wurmcoil Engine is now a ticket to Nagoya. Anything is possible when you cast Treasure Mage. I'm on a dragon. Currently Playing: U/R Burning Vengeance Control 10-2 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-burning-vengeance-2/
Sign In to post comments