Raven's Abyss - the set by Milor Deus

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, this will be my first set I make (or well, design). And if I just have time, I'll make the whole block. But I'm not sure about it. Not yet.

Anyhow, I'll make just spells and the story, I will not do arts for this... Or I might do some on the autumn, if I have time for that. Anyway I wanted to make a set for those cards I've planned, and what I will plan in the future. I'll add the backstory tomorrow, or even later today. I just made this ready, so I don't have to spend time by thinking the name or even making the thread for this. This way it'll a bit easier for now on...

Difficulties with the name (I'll be honest and tell the main points of the process just as they went):
First I thought the name would be Shadevale, but then I googled it just to be sure it wouldn't be in use... That is, in the end, quite easy term to create, common words and so. And yes, it was in use... Not as the name of a place, but the term itself had been used already in Star Wars AND in the World of Warcraft... So, I changed it. Raven's Abyss was the second choice. Well, that seemed to be alredy some band's name...

But wait. Did that really matter that much, that I couldn't use the name, just if someone ells had already used it and even in different meaning and situation? Well, not really, but still something in my head kept saying yes for it. So, in the end I made a third version of the name, "Shade Abyss", but it just didn't quite hit my ear as nicely.

So, in the end I said to that little voice in my head to shut up, and chose the second option, which sounded very good on my ear, and wasn't (for I know) used by any (at least not major) companies, games etc.

So here it will soon begin. First of all, right now I'd like to hear your opinions about the name. What do you like it?

Also other comments about this process are more than welcome, now and of course later too.

See you soon!
The name is nice.

Welcome to YMtC, by the way.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

The name is nice.

Well thank you!

I've written some comments and card suggestions in here already (over ten cards altogether already, hahah...), and I've planned almost a hundred of cards on my own before this, but I've anyway registered in here just a few days ago, so I'm still kind of newbie with this system... Seems to be a lot of fun anyway!
The name is nice.

Well thank you!

I've written some comments and card suggestions in here already (over ten cards altogether already, hahah...), and I've planned almost a hundred of cards on my own before this, but I've anyway registered in here just a few days ago, so I'm still kind of newbie with this system... Seems to be a lot of fun anyway!

Ditto on the Welcome.

I wouldn't worry about the name at all until you have some idea about the set. Raven's Abyss doesn't say anything unique about your world. You don't have anything unique to say about your world until you have a fuzzy image of what your world is like. Your world is the way it is based on your cards.

Lately WOTC has had just place settings for names of big sets, unless we've already been there. i.e. Scars of Mirrodin and Return to Ravnica vs Shadowmoor and Innistrad.

Still, never to be a downer, here's some ideas!

• Pacts of Raven's Run (Shadowmoor setting)

• Lords of Equilor (Plane that could have been the first in the multiverse)

• Lords of Shadevale

• Shadevale

• Realms of Willowfright

• Titans of Qizia

Have fun!
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?

Ditto on the Welcome.

I wouldn't worry about the name at all until you have some idea about the set. Raven's Abyss doesn't say anything unique about your world. You don't have anything unique to say about your world until you have a fuzzy image of what your world is like. Your world is the way it is based on your cards.

Lately WOTC has had just place settings for names of big sets, unless we've already been there. i.e. Scars of Mirrodin and Return to Ravnica vs Shadowmoor and Innistrad.

Still, never to be a downer, here's some ideas!

• Pacts of Raven's Run (Shadowmoor setting)

• Lords of Equilor (Plane that could have been the first in the multiverse)

• Lords of Shadevale

• Shadevale

• Realms of Willowfright

• Titans of Qizia

Have fun!

Ditto on the Thank you! ;)

Of course, it's quite obvious that the name must describe the set and the world it includes, and really, I do not have just a fuzzy image about the world, it's rather quite sharp... and getting sharper every day!

Yeap, I know those basic patterns Wizards is using, but I like the way this name describes the world of it. And those other names I mentioned before are describing it too, but I think this is the best option of them in the end. And of course, I'll modify my vision about the set even more all the time to make it fit in with the name.

However I really wasn't asking (or waiting) for such a help or inspiration as some of those names you said give to me... But Shadevale was the deleted version of the name, so I will not use that one. However the names like "Willowfright" and "Qizia" are highly interesting, and do sound very nice. I'd probably use them in some form, if those terms happen to fit for some creature or other card better than the names I invent for them.

By the way: Shadevale, being quite obvious as a name as itself, maybe reveals it already that I've have planned to do some (new kind of) shade creatures on this set, besides other creatures of course. A little kind-of-a-spoiler in here!

But indeed, thank you very much for this, I might find that very helpful at some point of the planning.

Haha, sure as Ashmouth I will!
"Problems?"

Yes okay, I seem to have a problem with adding pics.

So, could someone please advice me in this? As said on the last post, I'm quite a newbie with the system in here... Especially the code or whatever it should be called. So how do I insert photos and pictures from my computer into the text (in here, for example). Only possibility seems to be just the URL... Is it really so?

After this there should be no problem at all, so please help! 
You can upload them to an image hosting site such as Imageshack.us, or your Wizards.com photo album here. Once they're online, you can just link to the images through the "Insert image" button that appears above the reply box.

Embrace imagination.

You can upload them to an image hosting site such as Imageshack.us, or your Wizards.com photo album here. Once they're online, you can just link to the images through the "Insert image" button that appears above the reply box.

Okay, thank you very much!Laughing
Whoa! Here we go. So, announcing

The Banished Arise

Lore

The roots of the story lay in a small, but quite densely populated plane of Ravenspit, where also the story takes place. It's commonly known between people there, that generations ago there was a great battle, where almost a half of the people of those human populated villages, many of them educated and skillful soldiers, where killed. However, the people of the villages were able to defend themselves together. So far actually, that finally the enemies were forced to retreat.

Those enemies were savage and grievous, animal-like creatures from the depths of the nearby mountains, which kept creeping out from the crack on the crag of one of those mountains. The crack was subsequently confined by the people of the nearest villages, with creatures occluded inside the mountain once again. Those villages were the ones far in the South, conjointed to be called as the Last Drop after their distant situation, nearby the cliffs of the southern Cinder Sea.

But that was back then.

Now it seems that the crack has become open once again. The creatures, which earlier had used to come out mostly at the night time, seem to have become more high-spirited than before, and are now ravaging all around those villages all days and nights, sometimes even quite hazardously. The guards of the villages are rapidly vanishing, and the humans of the Last Drop perish by accelerating speed. They've sent their best riders to the nearest villages to ask their help and to gather up the once-so-mighty forces of men once again, and to fight against those brutal beasts and creeps together. But there's no proof or guarantee that those brave messengers ever survived to their destination, or back from there. No one's heard anything about them since they left. The time feels to be going slowly, waiting for them to come back. But in their minds each and every one of them know, that the time is the one they are missing. Families are easily losing their last hopes, when they are asked to arm their childs, just after wathing their men dying in the hands of unimaginable horrors.

To be continued...

Coming out on the next time: More of the lore, more spesific information about the set and the plane, and the very first cards for you to see!

So stay awake, it's probably better to not fall asleep. You never know, who or what might be under your bed!

Yesterday you already heard a bit about the plane of Ravenspit, and the village of the Last Drop (ok, I needed to edit it a bit for the case I found some incoherence from it). In any case, I hope you liked about that little piece.

Today you'll find out a bit more about the situations in the Last Drop. So without more ado, let's go forthwith to the case:

More of the lore (and some of the people)

So, the people of the Last Drop keep living under a constant fear with no hope in sight. Their wishes seem to fall on deaf ears, and even the children are forced to fight for the common good.

Increasing amount of pressures of the folk and the final responsibility of their salvation are accumulating on the shoulders of the two leaders of the village. They are Cisela, the elder and chief of the Last Drop, and Sagora, historian and the head mage, who is also the spiritual leader of them. Those two have been the main reasons for people to keep standing up and fight instead of falling into misery, the example they are showing encouraging them. Some of village people even seem to get some mystical powers when fighting against those creatures they've never seen even in their worst nightmares.

In the end, there may be also something ells they are fighting for. Their legacy and stories of the past are mostly known because of Sagora, blessed with extremely long age, and that way personally knowing things no other of them have ever seen or experienced. Some people honor him even more than Cisela, who as the chief is commonly the most honored human of the Last Drop. Despite the fact that Sagora is really the older one of them, Cisela has been kept and called as the elder. This stems from the times long ago, which have been written into their history notes, by Sagora of course. Those notes reveal, that Sagora is not actually an original villager of the Last Drop, but came there a long time ago and stayed there (most of the time, at least). However, even when he has lived in the village longer than others have lived their lives, people tend to call Cisela more likely as the elder. Also, some people keep joking that it must be fun (or very disturbing) for Sagora to write history about himself, but with the passage of time he's used to it already. To both, the joking and the writing.

Okay, after this I find it maybe better to leave you with thoughts this might have brought into your mind, and to leave the revealing of cards for the next times...

So, what's upcoming on the next time:
-The surrounding areas of the Last Drop, and some more about the dark creatures of the Ravenspit!

And after that we get to the point I've been mentioning, slightly later than what I presumed: the cards.

There's really no need for me to reveal them all at once, so even when I do have most of the cards planned already (except the pictures which I won't do for now, as I've said. Your versions and suggestions are anyhow more than welcome) I will definitely not reveal all of them at the same time (now probably many of you are thinking "of course not" etc., but I'm just saying to be sure, that absolutely no one will presume anything ells about that). The amount I'll reveal them per day (and probably not every day, either) is approximately 1-6 cards. Moreover, otherwise than this way it probably would get quite boring for me AND especially for you, and I also really want to narrate about at least some of those cards, and the stories behind them.

See you next time!
No offense, but... I cant help reading it as the Last Drop of Raven Spit. It is an icky sounding place...
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Where are the cards. Where are they.
Where are the cards. Where are they.

He's working on that. He's going story-first, which is a fine way to be.

Reminds me of that set I made where the long lost daughter of Serra discovered Phyrexian Overlay magic and sought to revitalize Ulgrotha by overlaying a chunk of Dominaria onto it...namely the Sarpadian Empires.

Yes, I made an entire set where Homelands and Fallen Empires combined.

someone hold me...it's cold and I can't feel my arms.
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
How are you making this flavorfully different from Innistrad?

Embrace imagination.

Are you asking the OP or me?
No offense, but... I cant help reading it as the Last Drop of Raven Spit. It is an icky sounding place...

Yeah, it really seems I'm getting some weird inspiration, but just continue reading. There are meanings for those names. And btw, for I know, "spit" means also other things than the liquid coming out from a mouth. And drop is, as long as I've told for now, ment to create some kind of associations with falling but it also has other meanings... But it seems that I've somehow, really terribly, failed to name them, or told things in somehow wicked order, when people get those associations. I was quite far focusing to totally other things in this set and really didn't notice that at all. However the plane just might feel quite icky in the end anyway, but it totally should not feel icky in that way. Thanks for noticing, but I hope you'll continue reading anyway, cause that kind of "taste" would be quite nasty to be left for anyone from this, and there's obviously more to come in this.

For Mata_Hari: Check my last post.

theScion: Yes, indeed I'm going that way. I think people should and would like to know about the plane a little before showing of the cards, cause the cards, their names and flavors etc. are quite far based on this world.

Sounds like quite a strange combination. Not bad, however. Quite funny.

****eeyong: Haha, well would it be surprise if I told it for you already? Yes, this clearly seems to have some almost-similarities with Innistrad at this point (as well as many other sets and blocks too, though), but trust me that when you know more about the plane and the world it includes, it won't be that much (if any?) Innistrad-like anymore.

Anyway, I'm keeping the weekend off from this, and maybe also couple more days after that, for I have also other things to do. Now I just came to answer the comments if and when here were some.

So thanks for the comments, and see you on the next week!
Are you asking the OP or me?

Errr... Of course I'm asking for overpower... No wait, just what did you mean by the OP? Laughing
Today some answers for the questions of yours will be revealed. For that, we have to go back in time again, to the times of the great battle, also known as The Raven's Fall among the people of the plane, by which name Sagora has told it about in their history books. So once again, let's put a spoiler button in here:

History of Ravenspit: The Raven's Fall

The plane of Ravenspit has not always been such a place of cruel darkness and misery. Formerly known as Felcnar by the ancient language of the plane, the creatures living there by their natural ways, the plane was renamed after it's greatest threat so far: A frightful, somewhat raven-like creature that called himself Dreomen, that kept his fiery order in the large, subterranean caves of the plane. Though people back then weren't willing to rename the plane straight by his name, they wanted to leave some kind of reminder for their descendants from him, in case the scripts of Sagora (who was already living back then) would be destroyed.

The name's part "spit" was chosen to depict Dreomen's feared spitting, amounts of poisonous fire (yeah, sounds weird, huh?) from his mouth, which from some people speculated that Dreomen was really a half-dragon, but plainly that was never proven. It was clear for everyone, that if someone tried to prove it, he was dead before even getting into caves. No one of them could get near that place, except by the price of their lives, and Dreomen very rarely came out from there, his den and domain. Earlier I've said already, that those creatures came out only in the night time (back then), but even on the day time people couldn't get in, cause there were always masses of creatures inside, also near of the mouth of those caves, in guard at all times. Anyhow, Dreomen rather kept control in there and sent his underlings to destroy the plane the way he seemed the best, in safe until the plane would have been conquered... or until his battlefronts' rise would fall and he needed to come out and up by himself to keep his tide, as it was going to happen.

Just to clear the term, though Dreomen's jaws and claws were enough to kill anyone, his poisonous fire was the most feared weapon he had. It ment just what it sounds like: Yes, he truly spitted fire, but that wasn't the normal kind of, but weakened and even killed everyone it touched within minutes. Though it ate his sinew, it was still more than enough to gain him the incontrovertible reign among the underworld creatures. And the power was one he really liked of.

I have already told you some about the village of the Last Drop. Well, there's still at least one, actually the main thing, that I haven't said about. When people finally took the victory from Dreomen, considerably with the help of Sagora and his magical powers and creatures he summoned, the victory was taken on that spesific area. Such as the whole plane was renamed as a warning for the future generations, people also wanted to name some other place for their great victory. Logically, the place for it was chosen to be the one where the victory was gained on. There might have never been such a joy between people that it was back then, Dreomen falling from skies to the ground, dead and subdued. He had finally thought to come out from his underground empire to terminate the opposition by himself for the case that his own squads had become so disadvantaged, but unlike he had thought, that was going to be his final mistake, and while he was flying and spitting his fire above the area which would become the village of the Last Drop, the skilled and qualified human archers raised all the bows and other weaponry they could (other weaponry meaning about everything ells they got that might kill the beast), and killed the beast. Even Dreomen in all his might couldn't withstand hundreds of arrows (and other weaponry) nailed deep on him.

So, otherwise that the plane already formed back then and was named again, the Last Drop didn't exist but the village was founded after the great battle and named for it. Sagora, living already as said, was one of those who stayed on the area and was also one of those to establish the village in there.

I hope that will answer in some of your questions. On the other hand I also hope it brought some new ones in your minds.

But, I promised to tell you about the surrounding areas of the Last Drop, and for now on I've told mostly about the history of the plane and the village. Well, there's not actually so much to tell, and which things there are necessary to tell will be revealed later on... But I guess I can give you the names of the surrounding areas. If you want to know them, here is the button:

The surroundings of the Last Drop

There are the Abhor Mountains on the northern side and the Cinder Sea on the southern one. On the east there are vast Steppes of Sfex, and on the western side there are the winding stompings of Titans.

Also I promised to tell some more about the dark creatures of the plane... Well, even though it was about the history and bygone things instead of the present day, I already told you about Dreomen, and with all the other dark creatures... Well, I guess it comes clear enough with them when telling things more closely later on, and of course also when narrating about the cards.

Next time is finally for all of you, who have been waiting for the first cards to be revealed! But for that I'll ask you, only this once and only on this first time, which kind of card would you like to be revealed on the very first card session (in other words, on the next time)? Answering happens by the following options:

a. common
b. uncommon
c. rare
d. mythic

1. creature
2. instant
3. sorcery
4. artifact
5. enchantment
6. planeswalker
7. land
8. something ells (, what?)

So for example "a1" means a common creature, and "c2" is for a rare instant.

Note that some options may be unavailable after all, cause for example there are NO mythic enchantments (or common planeswalkers) in this set. However, you can choose that too, though it's not appropriate. But anyway, it's fun to see what you'd like to see, and then reveal the one you've wanted the most (if possible)!

Noteful for this is however, that the session may go on the next week, cause I've got quite a much things to do for the rest of this week. Then again, that's just more time for you to make your suggests!

But high hopes, and see you on the next time!
No suggests or wishes? Okay whatever... However it's time for the very first cards to step in!

There's no wishes or other comments, so I'll choose this too, as the following ones of course too... But so it be, and today it's the time to release a pack of three cards. As together, they form a white cycle of three creatures, all standing for the good of the human kind. There's one common, one uncommon and one rare coming up, and cause I'm going to, as I've said, also narrate them a bit, let's go right in and take a look at them:

C

Village Gateguard

Human Soldier
Common
Vigilance, lifelink
Village Gatekeeper can block an additional creature
1/2
Aspirants for the guard duty are first put to patrol on the village gate before getting into the further training. It's really effective way to prune people.

Okay, what you see here is basically just a story-based basic creature. Couple of abilities, which can be found good to use, but with only one in power and two in tougness, the Gateguard is in serious need to put some buff on.

The flavor text tells you, that gateguard is the first stage of guards of Ravenspit, and those poor aspirants (were they willing to the guard duty or not) are put straight to the gate, where many of those evil creatures gather around, trying to push through. Sometimes in the deep need of new power to their armies, commanders of humans have to force their own people to fight. And that sometimes is happening more and more often. However, the ones, who are skillful enough to survive, accomplish the first stage and end up into...

U

Village Safekeeper

Human Archer
Uncommon
Vigilance, lifelink, reach
2/3
Safekeepers are the qualified middle class of the guards of the Last Drop. Though they surely are happy for their qualification, it rarely helps in the battle.

... here. And what do we have here? Kind of an upgraded version from the Gateguard, or what do you think? Yes, as the flavor text tells, Safekeepers are the ones who survived from the harsh job of gateguarding, and invited to the training to learn new skills. Even if some of them became proud from surviving the Gate, the training is definitely no more fun. The trainers can be really cruel for those unwilling to learn, but later on every one of them understands, that it's just for their best. Trainers are villagers too, and they fear for their families as anyone of them, and of course for themselves and their brethren too. So, they must train their students to be as good as possible, which sometimes may ask to be quite violent, and to reach the next level on their path...

R

Village Paladin

Human Knight
Rare
Vigilance, lifelink, reach, first strike
3/4
Paladins, having the highest qualification of a guard of the Last Drop, are the most reputable ones among the average people. Sadly, they usually won't get to enjoy much about that.

... which is known as the Paladin. Once again, the flavor text tells you the basics about that. Also, they are having some new skills in too, and their power and toughness have become greater than before, on the lower stages. These guys are really packed with different kind of abilities, and can be really dangerous even with a smallest buff.

Throw a... whatever, even something usually totally useless, like Mutagenic Growth, can turn this into a monster for a one turn, especially with the phyrexia mana, which you can pay with couple of life points. And if you manage to add some haste and/or hexproof/shroud or whatever tricks with more abilities or not for this... Well, there's just your imagination for it.

So, maybe nothing THAT special this time, but it's a cycle which can be found worthy in the end (just wait for some other cards to come out!...), and especially the Paladin is... well, you know. First strike is like a dot on the i and so, finishes the combination and the cycle, and really qualifies a Safekeeper to be a Paladin, making sure that they are always first to hit.

Of course, there are also other soldiers and people in the army of the village than just guards, but these ones were now the first ones to be introduced. I hope you like them as much as they were interesting to make... at least that much, haha... No, really, these seem pretty simple now, but I wanted to include them into the story base, and it was a bit tricky in one point. Tricky by the funny way however... It's quite sad that I can't say also something else cliché-sounding, like "I hope you enjoy playing them them as much as they were fun to make", or something, hahaha. However, here they are.

To the next time, with more cards to go!

Village Gatekeeper seems like a lot to remember at common. Reach also isn't a white ability.

Embrace imagination.

Village Gatekeeper seems like a lot to remember at common. Reach also isn't a white ability.

Village Gatekeeper? I don't know a card with such a name. The card above is Gateguard, and it is a common... Or what did you mean? The problem may be in my English skills now that I don't quite understand, I'm not sure...

Why couldn't reach be used even when it's commonly a green ability? Also, there's many things in this set, which may not go totally along with the "main rules" of WotC, at least when it's about cards... and maybe also some other things besides them, starting from the name of this set (I guess, for it was notified earlier by a message in here). But being unable to even consider such a possibility to mix those abilities, which have mostly been themed to a specific color, is anyhow way too strictly under those "rules"... Really, I think there are not so many things and rules about cards, that would be carved in stone that much. Almost everything can be changed, if there's a good (/better than the earlier) version for that.

Also, there's a story- and color-bases for that, but more about that later.
The thing is, Reach is a Green ability (and Green is allied to White), but it bleeds in Red's direction, not White's. White uses Flying to defend against fliers.
I did a search for red with reach and found a wall, a spider and an enchantment that gives nonflying creatures reach. Found five white creatures (and several w/g but those don't count) with reach.
The thing is, Reach is a Green ability (and Green is allied to White), but it bleeds in Red's direction, not White's. White uses Flying to defend against fliers.

And do you really think that prevents white to have some reach too? Also, see my next post later on... I'm not sure if I manage to write it today with all this hurry with school now, but anyhow that will make things a bit more clear for you too...

I did a search for red with reach and found a wall, a spider and an enchantment that gives nonflying creatures reach. Found five white creatures (and several w/g but those don't count) with reach.

Ba-dum-tsih! So there actually were some already. Wonderful, I didn't even remember. Great, so nobody should have complaining about that anymore.

However, there's a reason for that, why white creatures are having a "green ability." Also some other that kind of situations will also be seen, and it's not about Planar Chaos-like situation or anything like that now.

But more about that on the next post.
Ok, so today there will be some information about the new set and the world, and also one central person will be introduced a bit more...

So at first I'll notice, that the amount of cards in this set will be 246 with (of course) no basic lands. Some non-basic lands are included anyway. I haven't said this earlier, because the exact amount wasn't clear enough until now. Although I was knowing that the amount would be enough for the "large" set, and that this is the first set of the block so it should be that anyway, I wanted to wait to know until I know it exactly how many cards there will be before I'd reveal that.

At second, the little thing that has been wondering you. Why there are white creatures having reach, which is usually a green ability? Yes, there have been some that kind of cards already, but there's a clear reason for that in this set. The color-pie has a clear cut in Ravenspit's world, and the card being revealed today is maybe one of the most vital ones in presenting that, and that's also the reason why I'll reveal it today and not later, as I first thought to do.

So, are you wondering what it could be? If I say that it's a human and I've mentioned him already before, who would you guess? Last time there was one common, one uncommon and one rare. Not a hard one really, today is for the first mythic. And yes, today's all about...

Sagora

Sagora, the Head Mage

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard Advisor
Mythic
Vigilance, reach, hexproof
: Put a 1/1 white and blue Illusion creature with flying to the battlefield.
Other creatures you control have protection from black and from red.
4/7
Even when some of his brethren doubt him, Sagora could never abandon them.

So, here he is. With a converted mana cost and those abilities he can really be a menace for your opponents. I was also planning hexproof or shroud for him, but I noticed that it would make him too overpowered. Though he is strong for sure, he still can't really be the true game finisher. But even when he is open for sweeping, destroying and exiling, he's still quite a tough guy on the battlefield. Also he makes other of his controller's creatures much stronger with a small add for power and toughness, and the protection, meanwhile opponents' creatures get weaker. This is possibly even his strongest ability, reminding Elesh Norn a bit.

The story base for this tells the meaning of colors. Being the oldest living creature of Ravenspit, Sagora's experience and skills are very wide-ranged, which can be seen in the mana costs. White comes mainly of course from humanity and being on the "good side." Blue is showing his skills in the creating of many kinds of illusions and some other tricks. Green is for his past adventures in the forests, which I'll tell more later on.

He is the reason for other villagers having reach (and other abilities as you'll later see). Under his protective magic they gain courage, but also some are gaining small buffs of special abilities, which are not normally their color, white. These "spell burstings'" reasons lay in the past, and that's another thing I'll tell more later on, just cause it's such a long story that it's better to be told separately. Also the story behind Sagora's flavor text will "come to light", so to speak. But he is the main reason for that, and next time you'll find out why.

Questions? I'll be glad to answer them. Something ells? I'd be glad to hear (and answer) them anyway! Notice, that some things may belong to the next time's story (or the one after that), so don't get mad if I don't answer them straight and right away. ;)

High hopes 'til storytime, bye!
That design is way too cluttered to fit on a Magic card. When you throw so many abilities on it, it loses some of its specialness because all the noise is blocking it out. Try trimming the card down until you have just one or two abilities that hit hard. That way, it's both cooler and simpler to understand.

Embrace imagination.

That design is way too cluttered to fit on a Magic card. When you throw so many abilities on it, it loses some of its specialness because all the noise is blocking it out. Try trimming the card down until you have just one or two abilities that hit hard. That way, it's both cooler and simpler to understand.

Correct, and also the tapping ability is ridiculous. Maybe I shouldn't add half-ready cards (and change them a bit from the original) at the same time when doing school works... Haha, that's baaad... But yeah, I just wanted to make things a bit more clear for people with why there's reach and so. More likely focusing to the story-base, the card planning is bit of a challenge for me... But I'll learn with that all the time, and hopefully I like challenges, so I won't complain, if you don't, hahaha.

But yeah, even when I'd like to do cards only based on the story, and Sagora has some... specialities... on a wide variation, I need to modify that a whole lot more, and as you said, "to make it hit hard."

Because Sagora's already showed, and I definitely want to make it ready before continuing (it's better not to leave unready cards behind) the card "releasing", I'll stop that for a while, plan that ready and continue then. For that case, there will be "only" some of the backstory and history of Sagora on the next time... Though that is unavoidably also some of the plane's history...

So, when I'm still having hurry and rush with the ending of the school year and the last works etc., I can just hope to manage to continue this on this week... Anyhow, as soon as possible... Just came to make the notice about that card, cause I amazed myself yesterday when looking this site and Sagora... And when some mistakes can be seen for maker only after a moment, and as I said I modified the card a bit in the middle of the schoolworks, the result... is indeed ridiculous. Will be fixed!

So bye (for now)! 
Ok, finally fixed. Up there you can see Sagora in his original form, the form which I first planned him in, and which I should have kept and revealed right at first... Instead I was (and still am? Dunno, will be seen...) too careful and worried with not doing too overpowered creatures etc., haha... And as you see, that's really not that, at least not that much as I first thought... Good and playable anyway now, I think... And that's good.

So, NOW I can really just hope that you like it... Cause I think I'm not going to change that anymore.

I'm on vacation now, which is btw also the reason for this late late update, so it might take some time (couple of weeks, maybe) for the next card being revealed. Also the backstory of Sagora will be revealed then.

See ya!
Okay, shortly and simply, I have to inform now that there have become occasions which for making of this set is now on the break.

So, no "releasing" will be done until the next autumn, when I check the situation with this again.