[It's been a while] R/W Humans

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Red White Humans is getting quite a buzz in deck help. I think lots of them have decent ideas but aren't mashing up the best of what is there to offer with the deck.

Attempt 1:
24 Land
4 Clifftop Retreat
4 Slayer's Stronghold [So strong. Infinately powerful in an aggro deck like this one.]
Plains:Mountain ratio to be decided.

22 Creatures
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveler
4 Lightning Mauler [Quickens the clock against WR. Very relevant.]
4 Silverblade Paladin
3 Hero of Bladehold [Yes. Only 3. Wolf Run does exist, and tbh its dead in that matchup against a t4 titan]
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben [Control does exist. Strangely enough.]

14 Spells
4 Pillar of Flame [Refreshing reminder of Magma Spray.]
4 Gather the Townsfolk [Less relevant against the boogeyman, but more relevant against the t1.5]
3 Arc Trail [The mirror?]
3 Brimstone Volley

Sideboard:
To be determined.

Cards I highly disapprove of:
Thunderous Wrath - Consistency is the key to every aggro deck. This is the opposite of that. Why include it?

Further Notes:
Green still looks stronger, but still.
6/5 IN > + 1 Lightning Mauler + 3 Thalia +4 Pillar of Flame
6/5 OUT > -4 Stormblood Berserker -4 Shock

Criticisms, etc.
Photobucket
Looks good.  Like I said in the other thread, I think Cavern of Souls is good in these decks for fixing Boros manabases.  Hopefully the ridiculous pricetag comes down soon.  I think Pillar of Flame is probably better than Shock against other aggro decks (zombies, gr aggro etc...).  At the SCG open yesterday, the guy that made top 8 with W/R Humans was siding in Zealous Conscripts to help against Wolf-Run.  5 mana is steep, but it might be worth looking into.  Maybe Thalia, Guardian of Thraben to help against delver/control?
Looks good.  Like I said in the other thread, I think Cavern of Souls is good in these decks for fixing Boros manabases.  Hopefully the ridiculous pricetag comes down soon.  I think Pillar of Flame is probably better than Shock against other aggro decks (zombies, gr aggro etc...).  At the SCG open yesterday, the guy that made top 8 with W/R Humans was siding in Zealous Conscripts to help against Wolf-Run.  5 mana is steep, but it might be worth looking into.  Maybe Thalia, Guardian of Thraben to help against delver/control?

Ahh yes, Thalia. Will be in instead of Stormblood Berserker, and I'll bump Lightning Mauler to a 4. Pillar of Flame is better then shock like 100% of the time, despite being sorcery speed.
Photobucket
Red White Humans is getting quite a buzz in deck help. I think lots of them have decent ideas but aren't mashing up the best of what is there to offer with the deck.

22 Creatures
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveler
4 Lightning Mauler [Quickens the clock against WR. Very relevant.]
4 Silverblade Paladin
3 Hero of Bladehold [Yes. Only 3. Wolf Run does exist, and tbh its dead in that matchup against a t4 titan]
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben [Control does exist. Strangely enough.]

14 Spells
4 Pillar of Flame [Refreshing reminder of Magma Spray.]
4 Gather the Townsfolk [Less relevant against the boogeyman, but more relevant against the t1.5]
3 Arc Trail [The mirror?]
3 Brimstone Volley

Have you thought about putting in 2 mortarpod? If you do then yes I can see the relevance of brimstone volly.
The other change would be to put in Loyal Cathar in instead of thalia. Thalia if good no doubt about it. The problem is it disrupts the rest of your own removal. Sb her is need be, but with a 22/14/24 spread even if she doesnt affect more than 14 basic spells she does slow the removal you need. If thats the case id remove teh brimstone volly and change them to incinerate. I think you want to max out at 3cc and with a thalia on board brim is a 4cc so its less efficant than incinerate would be. O ring should be in here as well, maybe two main?? Thats up to you.

The only other thing I can think of is that yes its a tossup on mirran crusader VS. Silverblade Paladin. I think crusader is better since the cheese stands alone without needing another creature even a token creature to activate the soulbond. That and pro green is relevant atm either by swing or block.
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
The majority of your creatures are still white so maybe Honor of the Pure? The main reason why I like it is that it gets pretty much all your good creatures out of shock/galvanic/pillar range

I'm also trying to make a boros humans deck but i noticed that red does not have enough to offer in the creature department save Lightning Mauler. But he way i see it. The other decks will splash blue for saint traft which is pretty much usually the only creature that is blue in the deck, then we splash red for Lightning Mauler which personally I think is pretty darn good.
the lands we have available in standard dicatate that making a burn heavy version of boros, as opposed to a white human beatdown deck with a red splash, is difficult.  you won't be able to make your mana work reliably enough.  this is why many opt for a white beatdown deck with the slight red splash and forgo the burn.  furthermore, it doesnt' work very well with thalia.

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Thatcher's Revolt, or whatever it is, that puts 3 1/1 humans with haste for 2R, is so good with Champion of the Parish. I'd run that over mainboard Arc Trails

(at)MrEnglish22

Really need Stormblood Berserker in here.

Also, Mirran Crusader.
56735468 wrote:
Residual energetic and psychic emenations from the spark of planewalkers going in and out of the blind eternities like it was a windmill eventually coalesced into beings named eldrazi who by their very nature could not consume mundane sources of nourishment to sustain their existence.
Sign In to post comments