DLCR: Appetite for Brains

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other AVR card to rate is...

Appetite for BRAINS

Show

5.0: I will always play this card. Period.
4.5: I will almost always play this card, regardless of what else I get.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 100% of the time.)
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me into this color. If playing that color, I essentially always play these. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 90% of the time.)
2.0: If I’m playing this color, I usually play these. (70%)
1.5: This card will make the cut into the main deck about half the times I play this color. (50%)
1.0: I feel bad when this card is in my main deck. (30%)
0.5: There are situations where I might sideboard this into my deck, but I’ll never start it. (10%)
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding). (0%).

Love the name of this card.  And the flavor text is cool to.  The card for limited however isn't the greatest.  Sure you can get rid of bombs but it's a shot in the dark.  Possible good sideboard trick.

Discuss! 
0.0 to 0.5

A possible 1 for 1 and sometimes 0 for 1 card just doesn't seem appealing to me.
I'd say 0.5-1.0. I generally don't see it being maindecked, but in a slow set it can be a killer sidebaord card.

I had an opponent board this in and take out my Sigarda, Host of Herons in the final game of my final match at the prerelease. The match was a lot harder to win without her! This is an excellent sideboard option is such circumstances, particularly regarding Sigarda, as she's just impossible to remove otherwise...!
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
It gets rid of angels. Not sure how to rate it beyond that.
0.5. it gets rid of seraph of dawn which is cool right?
The thing about AVR is that it *is* won on the back of four-drops a lot more than previously.  4 is the magic number -- it gets Seraph of Dawn, Elgaud Shieldmate, Druid's Familiar, and a bunch of other workhouse cards in the format.

I'll give it a solid 1.0 -- you never want to topdeck this, but it's a neat little trick to throw out turn 1.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."
On Worldbuilding - On Crafting Aliens - Pillars of Art and Flavor - Simulationism, Narritivism, and Gamism - Shub-Niggurath in D&D
THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

0.5 for me.  If my opponent was playing some high costing bombs I would side this in but you wouldn't play it until turn 4 at the earliest to maximise the chance of hitting something good.
Even though you're unlikely to cast it early, the low casting cost does have an advantage in that you can cast it and still advance your own board.
This card is better then people are giving it credit for.  I lost SO MANY CARDS to this over the past two weekends it's almost silly.  Still wouldn't want more than one ever, but it's nice to have as insurance against some of the ridiculous power cards in this format.

1.5 this card is actually a decent sideboard card in this format against all the large angels floating around and whatnot.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__