Campaign rules

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I loooked at the rulebook and in special rules on the adventure book of WOA but couldnt find the specifcs. Ill be glad if someone can help me.
Im playing adventure 13 and a couple of doubts rised:
1) If I level up in one of the adventures of the campaign do I start the next adventure as a level 2 or Im back to level 1?
2) If I finish one of the adventures of the campaign with ,say, 2 hit points, should I beging the next adventure with the 2 hit points or do I regain all my hit points?
Agreed. You start the next adventure all healed and ready for action.

What I like is that there is a simple sequence that would allow folks to advance characters above level 2. (And, of course it would be possible to insert elements of 4E if one wanted.) This makes the board game line quite an expandable product if one wants to run an ongoing campaign.

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

How do you level beyond level 2?

Also, do you get to keep pooled EXP and remaining gold from one quest to the next?

Do the boon cards that say 'once per adventure' mean only once per entire campaign, or does that mean once per chamber card?
How do you level beyond level 2?

The pattern goes as follows:
Each time you level up..
...Add one to your AC.
...Add two to your HP.
...Speed is unchanged.
...Add one to your Surge.
...Utility power is unchanged.
...At-Will power is unchanged.
...Add one Daily power from the cards each level.

For example, Thorgrim the Dwarf Cleric:

LevelACHPSpeedSurgeSpecialPowerUtAWDay
116854AidHealing Word121
2171055Critical Hit122

Anyhow, that's how I do it.

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

I've been playing sequential Ravenloft games by starting back at level 1 and with only the starting items the adventure calls for. I can see how you could homebrew some adventures with successive leveling, but you'd want to spread out the different power types across the 5 or 10 levels you design.