Getting started...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi everyone.

I used to play Magic: The Gathering sometime ago, I stopped playing about 10-11 years ago and I've recently decided to get back into it. A breif look and the game system still seems to be the same. The only thing that's kind of confused me at the moment is, that there seems to be a lot of different Magic products / selection then there was a decade ago. So my question is;

What's the best thing to buy to get (re) started? Looking at things is the 2012 core set intro pack a good place to start? do the intro packs contain land cards?

Many thanks.
The intro packs contain lands. The Deckbuilder Toolkits are the best 'starter' product ever though. They contain 100 lands and 100+ new cards.
The intro packs contain lands. The Deckbuilder Toolkits are the best 'starter' product ever though. They contain 100 lands and 100+ new cards.

excellent. I didn't even know they sold something like that. Thanks.

If the mods read topics. Feel free to close this one.
A caveat about the DBT, though: if you're wanting to get back into playing competitively at FNM and cons, the current DBT won't be as good of an investment. It's got a lot of cards, but you'll find that they're all from last year's sets and older... the sets that will be rotating out of Standard the soonest, and you'll get some cards in the DBT that are already out of Standard.
I think fat packs are good. You get 9 boosters, 80 lands I think.
Fat packs you get 9 boosters and 100 lands (20 of each color).