Charming Pseudovenger: Tiefling Wizard/Cleric/Divine Oracle

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mello and ninja gave me an idea, no clue if it's been done before.   Standard controller fare with a twist... Double rolling 19-20 crit domination coupled with 2 instances of damage when they save from the ongoing.  The only power you are missing out on from the PP is the 20D, so it isn't a total waste just to poach an awesome feature.  Lets brainstorm and see how foolish we can make this.  I cut out the 58 pages of powers because its really all about the charm stuff, but beguiling strands is the easiest to drop on a large clump of enemies.  Would this be better as an arcanist?  I haven't made many wizards, so please feel free to suggest changes!

Race is locked
MC is locked (other cleric MC for BCL to get scale+heavy shield equivalent on a wizard o.O?)
Weapon is locked (crit range and ongoing woohoo!)

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Charming Pseudovenger, level 16
Tiefling, Wizard (Mage), Divine Oracle
School: Enchantment School
School: Evocation School
Arcane Implement Proficiency Option: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Expert Mage Option: Enchantment School Expert
Master Mage Option: Enchantment School Master
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Fire
Turathi Inquisitor (Bluff class skill)
Theme: Infernal Prince

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 9, CON 11, DEX 11, INT 24, WIS 15, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 10, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 13, CHA 13

AC: 28 Fort: 21 Ref: 28 Will: 30
HP: 81 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +20, Bluff +25, Diplomacy +23, History +20, Religion +20

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Athletics +7, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +10, Heal +10, Insight +10, Intimidate +14, Nature +10, Perception +10, Stealth +10, Streetwise +12, Thievery +8

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Infernal Prince Attack: Hellfire Heart
Wizard Utility: Chameleon's Mask
Wizard Utility: Suggestion
Wizard Utility: Spook
Cleric Utility: Healing Word
Feat Utility: Wizard's Wrath
Wizard Attack 1: Sleep
Wizard Attack 1: Grease
Wizard Attack 1: Charm of Misplaced Wrath
Wizard Attack 1: Glorious Presence
Wizard Attack 1: Beguiling Strands
Wizard Attack 1: Winged Horde
Wizard Attack 1: Magic Missile

FEATS
Level 1: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 2: Icy Clutch of Stygia
Level 4: Hellfire Master
Level 6: Superior Implement Training (Accurate dagger)
Level 8: Initiate of the Faith
Level 10: Wizard's Wrath
Level 11: Arcane Admixture
Level 12: Glasya's Charming Words
Level 14: Dispater's Iron Discipline
Level 16: Superior Will

ITEMS
Jagged Accurate dagger +4 x1
Shadowdance Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +3 x1
Amulet of Seduction +3 x1
Resplendent Gloves (heroic tier) x1
====== End ======

I will edit the original as needed.
Bump
Hey !    I actually came up with a build using the same idea.  Slightly different of course:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...(PEACH)?pg=1

When I posted the thread, it was not widely accepted that you could take BCL (maybe it's still contested by some) with the cleric MC, I didn't actually take it.  However if I had a choice, I would consider it, though because of your high INT you actually have some decent AC in cloth.  Something to look at however.  EDIT:  Getting the 15 WIS for it will cost you somewhere else, it might not actually be worth it for you since you're already needing to qualify for other feats..  Would have to look into it further.

Everything about the build is pretty darn solid.  You can to roll twice for perception, initiative and when rolling vs will.  I did go for illusion as my second mage focus instead of invocation, though I can see the interest.  I also went for the vistani feats because once you get to epic, it's amazing.  The entry vistani feat is still quite useful in heroic as a mage.  Theme I took was Seer to fit the RP and to get double rolls on perception.

I did play my version from 1-18.  It was quite something and I really did enjoy playing it.  If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll see if I can come up with an answer for you ^_^  The thread is incomplete as I never actually finished the build all the way to 30.  But I got to 21 or so.

On a quick note however, wizard's wrath does seem interesting on paper, but in actual game play it felt like a dead feat for me, I replaced it with something else after a while.  Though that might be subjective to my table of course
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Awesome, honestly I could just swap weapons on your build and be done with it!
hehe, glad you like it.  I really loved playing the build, it was lots of fun and even the DM loved it (I know that enchanters have a bad rep with DM's sometimes).  He used me as a plot hook sometimes by giving me oracle visions of events, let me divine some things using my Seer theme and cards.  It really was awesome RP and flavor and the DM took it to heart.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

This is solid, and I planned to play a similar character (but we didn't get to a high enough level). Because of double rolls, accuracy shouldn't be much of a problem, but you could pump it up with an offhand staff of sleep and charm and a laurel circlet.

Enchanter mage is probably the best choice, even though your dominating will usually just make them run around provoking OAs.

You *could* also pick up the spellscarred OGD feat, since it's a lot less risky in this case. If they are taking OGD from your powers, it probably means that they are dominated... so you can ensure they end up next to an enemy.
A darned nice job on both of those builds, Noctaem and Jugulator.  If I ever play a wizard I would be aiming for something like them. 

Later on,
Ghorrin
A darned nice job on both of those builds, Noctaem and Jugulator.  If I ever play a wizard I would be aiming for something like them. 

Later on,
Ghorrin

thanks  ^_^

Is the ongoing damage just coming from crits with the jagged dagger, or is there some other source?