Koth of the Hammer

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Koth of the Hammer If you turn a land into a 4/4 using his ability, what would be the point of this since the creature does not have haste?

If the creature dies, does the land go away?

Can you play this ability only when you could play a sorcery, or whenever you could play an instant?

Also since you're untapping the land and making it a creature (but its still a land), could you retap that 'creature land' for land?
use a land that has been under your control since the beginning of the turn and it can attack

yes, if the land creature dies it is moved into the graveyard

you can use Loyalty abilities only when you can use a sorcery

as long as the land is not summoning sick (or has haste), yes
proud member of the 2011 community team
As long as you have controled th land since your turn began it will not have summoning sickness and it will be able to attack.

yes, if the land/creature dies the land/creature card is put in the graveyard.  (don't think of them as seperate objects, they aren't)

Only any time you can play a sorcery. (like all loyalty abilities)

Yes you can still tap it for mana.  (not land) Unless you just played the land this turn, becuase now it will have summoning sickness.
MTG Rules Advisor
It can block.

it cannot
since there currently is no way to use Loyalty abilities on your opponent's turns you cannot use it for blocking

I still don't see how that is possible
The ability says "target Mountain".  You can animate an opponent's Mountain, and it can block.

Of course, there's absolutely no reason you would ever allow this.  If you were going to use the ability on an opponent's Mountain, you're going to kill it immediately...
Thanks guys. Yeah since it's a creature until end of turn, I don't see how it would be able to block.

Ok so if I used a land that was tapped, and turned it into the 4/4, he would still be tapped? 
The ability says "target Mountain".  You can animate an opponent's Mountain, and it can block.

Of course, there's absolutely no reason you would ever allow this.  If you were going to use the ability on an opponent's Mountain, you're going to kill it immediately...

Good point. I suppose this may help if youre trying to kill off his land on purpose

No, the ability untaps the Mountain as well.
I still don't see how that is possible

Woops! My bad!

Got to tell myself to RTFC!!!

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

Thanks MadAdmiral,

Missed that.

Chaikov,

Why not explain why next time? 
Chaikov,

Why not explain why next time? 

Forget all I've said: I misread the card.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

he thought Koth's +1 works like Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas' -1

that's what happens when gatherer is down ;)
Lol sorry for the misunderstanding i thought he was being sarcastic since he was right about the mountain being used to block =)
Lol sorry for the misunderstanding i thought he was being sarcastic since he was right about the mountain being used to block =)

just to be clear, there is currently no way to use your mountain to block with Koth

you can use it to create a blocker for an opponent, if there is ever a need for that