DLCR: Angel's Mercy

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays AVR card to rate is...

Angel's Mercy

Show

5.0: I will always play this card. Period.
4.5: I will almost always play this card, regardless of what else I get.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 100% of the time.)
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me into this color. If playing that color, I essentially always play these. (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 90% of the time.)
2.0: If I’m playing this color, I usually play these. (70%)
1.5: This card will make the cut into the main deck about half the times I play this color. (50%)
1.0: I feel bad when this card is in my main deck. (30%)
0.5: There are situations where I might sideboard this into my deck, but I’ll never start it. (10%)
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding). (0%).

In most sets this would be a 0.  In AVR this is a legit sideboard card.  With stuff like the 5 damage miracle spell and how slow the enviroment is 7 life can help you out just enough to survive for your killing blow.

Discuss! 
I'll say 1.0 because I feel generous, I mean, this card is brand new, so let's give it a small chance.
My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
Is, was and ever shall be 0.
I'll be generous: 0.5-1.0.  Seven life is decently significant as part of a general gain-and-stall-for-bomb strategy.  Normally, it's 0-0.5, but if I'm relying on a mythic angel to save my rear, especially Avacyn, it can make a contribution to living to x mana.  I still probably don't want it, but eeh.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

0-0.5 It's difficult to imagine a white deck where you needed to side this in, but I suppose it could happen on rare occasions.
I might take it if there is nothing else left of my color so 1.0
.5-1.0.

I'm not hoping I ever need to play this but I could see somewhite decks needing to stall until the late-game. Even then, Cathedral Sanctifier is just so much more effective, though...
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
That means I'll switch it with a land from the event while no one's looking. 

I can't see any reason to play this. I'd rather topdeck a blocker.