Homebrew Improvements for Summoner Artificer?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've wanted to play a summoner artificer in Eberron for a while and now I finally got my chance. The campaign's at L17, I've gone down the Clockwork Engineer PP and have Dancing Weapon, Relentless Harrier, and Animated Arbalester as my summons. I know it's seen as subpar compared to other leaders, but I like the fluff so much I want to tweak it to make it work.

What homebrew rules/modifications would you suggest for making a Clockwork Engineer on par with other leaders? I'm thinking some kind of buffs/debuffs/auras on the summons to tempt monsters into attacking them, but other suggestions would also be nice.
There are some feats you can invest in:

Tome Expertise will cause creatures adjacent to your summons and conjurations to grant combat advantage.  Note the wording on this feat does not require you to use a tome as an implement, nor do you need to be proficient in tomes to take the feat.

Defensive Minions gives a +2 feat bonus to all defenses on your summons, which stacks with the Clockwork Engineer feature, as that one is a power bonus.

Carceri's Manacles will slow any enemies that end their turn adjacent to your summons.

If you're an Eladrin, Redistribute Minions is awesome for instant repositioning.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?