Design & Development - Into the Unknown—Coming Full Circle

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Design & Development
Into the Unknown—Coming Full Circle
by Logan Bonner

One of the first D&D books I ever worked on was all about dungeon-delving—Dungeonscape for 3.5—so working on Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook was like coming full circle.

Talk about this article here.

astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
This article has me excited about this book, but I probably won't be using it with D&D4th edition. Which leads to a question. Approximately how many pages have little to no statistics? I'm curious about the same thing regarding the Feywild book. Both books look to have good material for inspiring both players and GM, but I'm wondering how much value for my money, measured in pages, I can expect. Thanks...
This article has me excited about this book, but I probably won't be using it with D&D4th edition. Which leads to a question. Approximately how many pages have little to no statistics? I'm curious about the same thing regarding the Feywild book. Both books look to have good material for inspiring both players and GM, but I'm wondering how much value for my money, measured in pages, I can expect. Thanks...

This book should have plenty of good information for a variety of purposes.
Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!

I just picked it up at my local store and can give my first impression. Almost all of the mechanics are in the first chapter which makes up about 1/2 the page count, pretty much the only other mechanics are a few items.

On the other hand the later half of the book seems to be the more interesting parts anyway. I'll admit the less mechanical section seem to appeal more to my DM side, though that may be because that's how I'm mostly playing now. If the flavor the previews appeals to you as a player you'll still probably like it.

Matt, looks like you all did you nice job with this. Looking forward to having the chance to take a closer look.
@Matt James: Thanks. I've enjoyed your writing, keep it up.

@mcmillan: Cool, that is what I wanted to know. Appreciated.
I'm happy you are enjoying it. It took a team to get it together, I was just happy to be along for the ride.
Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!