The Doombringer (Con Warlock/Battlemind)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there!

I'm quite new to the 4.0 dnd scene and I wanted some advice for my character.
I've made a Con based Warlock hybrid with a Battlemind.
So far so good. But I find it hard to find good Powers/feats/items.
Maybe you guys could help me out!?

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Vondal The Doombringer, level 30
Dwarf, Warlock/Battlemind, Quicksilver Demon, Destined Scion
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) Option: Sorcerer-King Pact (Hybrid)
Eldritch Strike Option: Eldritch Strike Constitution
Hybrid Warlock Option: Hybrid Warlock Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Battlemind Armor Proficiency
Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid) Option: Hybrid Power Point Option
Epic Heroism Option: Constitution
Epic Heroism Option: Strength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 20, CON 28, DEX 18, INT 12, WIS 16, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 18, DEX 13, INT 10, WIS 11, CHA 8

AC: 45 Fort: 43 Ref: 42 Will: 40
HP: 186 Surges: 18 Surge Value: 55

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +35, Heal +23, Insight +23, Thievery +22

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Arcana +16, Athletics +18, Bluff +15, Diplomacy +15, Dungeoneering +20, History +16, Intimidate +15, Nature +18, Perception +18, Religion +16, Stealth +17, Streetwise +15

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Dwarf Racial Power: Dwarven Resilience
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Battlemind Feature: Battlemind's Demand
Battlemind Feature: Blurred Step
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Strike
Battlemind Utility 2: Telepathic Challenge
Warlock Utility 6: Fey Switch
Battlemind Attack 7: Lightning Rush
Warlock Utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep
Quicksilver Demon Attack 11: Rebounding Dance
Quicksilver Demon Utility 12: Absorb Momentum
Battlemind Attack 15: Mind Blade
Battlemind Utility 16: Sudden Rush
Battlemind Attack 17: Dazzling Assault
Warlock Attack 19: Dark Side of the Moon
Quicksilver Demon Attack 20: Aspect of Quicksilver Strides
Battlemind Utility 22: Psychic Feast
Battlemind Attack 23: Reality Shuffle
Destined Scion Utility 26: Epic Recovery
Battlemind Attack 29: Omniscient Strike
Destined Scion Utility 30: Undeniable Victory

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Flail Expertise
Level 4: Mindbite Scorn
Level 6: Rod Expertise
Level 8: Battle Awareness
Level 10: Dragging Flail
Level 11: Lashing Flail
Level 12: Improved Defenses
Level 14: Dwarven Durability
Level 16: Superior Will
Level 18: Psychic Lock
Level 20: Weapon Proficiency (Triple-headed flail)
Level 21: Armor Proficiency: Plate
Level 22: Epic Reflexes
Level 24: Mark of Warding
Level 26: Weapon Focus (Flail)
Level 28: Epic Recovery
Level 30: Superior Initiative

ITEMS
Dwarven Plate Armor +6 x1
Staggering Triple-headed flail +6 x1
Cloak of the Walking Wounded +6 x1
Rod of Ulban +6
====== End ======

This is what I came up with. For some reason I can't equip my Rod of Ulban in the builder (I don't know why). So any advice is welcome.

Thank you all in advance,
Kees 

Where is brutal barrage?
On the cutting room floor because he's clearly trying to make a defender rather than a striker? And because it sucks unless you pour resources into sources of extra damage and/or crit-fishing, which this build hasn't because of the first thing I mentioned?

I swear, this forum is a sick parody of itself sometimes.

That said, OP, you might want to say a little more about what your build is trying to achieve in order to avoid provoking questions like the one above.
Do you have any Warlock encounter powers? Maybe I'm missing something?
Thank you all for the posts on my thread!

Well I shall inform you guys a bit more about my character.
My idea/concept of a Doombringer is a slow and steady approche of killing/disabling.
He chooses a target, curses it and marks it, to make some sort of 1vs1 situation. Dealing a good amount of average damage to his target and persuades the enemy to not attack your team mates with his mark.  His damage is not "super-wow-omg" but what he lacks in damage he makes up for good defences and a lot of at-wills he can choose from, making his average damage great and reliable. His perma-knock down is to ensure his enemy stays in that 1vs1 position with my Doombringer.

He is pretty much a Hybrid, but you can say, his more defender than striker. Ofcourse the warlock is damage-wise not the best striker but his average damage is definitly higher that a defender.

You asked me; why are there no warlock encounter powers?
Well every level I could pick an encounter power, I'm also allowed to pick a battlemind at-will. (just following the "builder" along). I prefer the steadiness of an at-will over an encounter power nova/spike. I think it fits my character well.

Doombringer quotes;
"I will kill you, even if I have to travel the whole world, nothing can stop me. You doom is comming."
"Stay down!"
"You have been cursed, now it's time to lift it my way."

TL;DR version
So his approuche might be quite like an "Avenger" but with the feeling of a "Paladin/Fighter".  
Well every level I could pick an encounter power, I'm also allowed to pick a battlemind at-will. (just following the "builder" along). 

This is incorrect, either the builder is wrong or you're somehow using it in a way that confuses it (both of which are pretty common, alas).

Within every power category (at-will, encounter, daily, utility) you need to have at least one from each hybrid class.  Higher level psionic at-wills do fill the role of encounters at their respective levels, but you still need to have warlock encounter powers in there somewhere.
TL;DR version
So his approuche might be quite like an "Avenger" but with the feeling of a "Paladin/Fighter".  

That sounded a lot like a pursuit avenger: the type that focuses on the defender 2ndar aspect.  So, if I may enquire: why not be an avenger?

MC Cleric, Tactical Warpriest as the PP.  If you need the heavy armor for some reason, then talk your DM about allowing the "Healer's Lore MC feat gives you this class feature, and whenever you get that classfeature, you can instead get this other class feature" approach to getting Battle Cleric's Lore.

Power wise: focus on the powers that teleport your target away.  Start combat: pick a target (preferably a skirmisher or artillery, or someone else who really would rather not get locked down).  Hit them, teleport them off to the side, and beat them up at your leisure.  Just understand that you'll spend enough time dropping the one target that everone else will be finishing the rest of the fight at about the same time you finall finish your guy.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Well I don't know about the avenger. An Avenger/Cleric is not the same as Warlock/Battlemind. Warlock/Battlemind seems a bit darker, which fits the character so well. But ofcourse you can suggest me a build for your Avenger/Cleric idea if you like. I would like that a lot.