New to magic Vampire_Deck advice?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Im creating a vampire deck and would like some advice on what i shud put in/take out. Im focusing on vampires that get +1/+1 counters on when they attack and using spells with proliferate to boost those counters essentially gaining an early turn victory. So far this is what i have come up with:

26 creatures

4 Stromkirk captain
4 tormented soul
4 Edwarl ripper
3 Vampire Nighthawk
3 bloodcrazed Neonate
3 Falkenrath marauders 
3 Markov blademaster
1 bloodline Keeper
1 Bloodlord of vaasgoth     

11 Spells

3 Contagion clasp
3 Grim affliction
1 contagion engine 
2 Spread the sickness 
2 go for the throat

22 Swamps
1 Haunted fengrath

Im still quite new to magic and would like a quite powerful deck, im am only looking to use cards from the last 3 years.   

You are Red/Blue! Copies of Tobias Andrion so far: Twenty Three!! I'm Johnny/Spike. I want to win, but I want to win with fun and awesome deck ideas and/or great card combos.
cheers it is a lot easier to read like that, how do you add in the pics of the cards?
Well since it's a red deck, you'll need some Mountain.

13 x Mountain
9 x Swamp
1 x Haunted Fengraf

You are missing a good proliferate card in Volt Charge.  Since it's the whole point of the deck, I'd add a fourth Bloodcrazed Neonate and a fourth Falkenrath Marauders.  Then, since a lot of activated abilities and creatures cost a bit of mana, I'd add some mana ramp.

EDIT

I'd also add one or two Dragonskull Summit.
You are Red/Blue! Copies of Tobias Andrion so far: Twenty Three!! I'm Johnny/Spike. I want to win, but I want to win with fun and awesome deck ideas and/or great card combos.
cheers it is a lot easier to read like that, how do you add in the pics of the cards?

Here is how:

[c*]Mountain[/c*]

Do this but remove the *'s and you get

Mountain
thanks for the advice, yeh i did mean to put the mountains in dont know why i wrote down just 22 swamps. should i remove the 3 contagion clasp for the volt charge and have 2 vampire nighthawk n 2 markov blademaster to fit in the extra bloodcrazed neonate and falkenrath marauder then?  
I'd leave the Contagion Clasp because if you have the mana, you can continually use it.  If anything I'd remove Go for the Throat for the Volt Charges.  I'd leave the nighthawk and markov blademaster as they are.

Consider removing the Tormented Souls and adding some Pulse Trackers.  That way they will get a boost from Stromkirk Captain.

Try some Pyretic Ritual for early game mana ramp.  It helps get those pesky 3 cost creatures out on turn two and you can bulk their +1+1 counters early.

It's okay to have more than 60 cards in a deck, you just have to adjust your land so that you don't get mana screw. Such as drawing a hand like this:

OPENNING HAND:
Mountain
Falkenrath Marauders
Falkenrath Marauders
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Spread the Sickness
Stromkirk Captain
Erdwal Ripper

CRAP!!! Mulligan.

EDIT- Consider adding some Stromkirk Nobles.  First turn drop and he does just what your deck is trying to do.

26 creatures
4 Stromkirk captain
4 [c]Stromkirk noble[/c]
4 Erdwal ripper
3 Vampire Nighthawk
3 bloodcrazed Neonate
3 Falkenrath marauders
3 Markov blademaster
1 bloodline Keeper
1 Bloodlord of vaasgoth

15 Spells
3 Contagion clasp
3 Grim affliction
1 contagion engine
2 Spread the sickness
3 Volt charge
3 pyretic ritual

24 Land
12 Mountains
9 Swamps
2 [c]Dragonskull summit[/c]

Does this seem better now. i know what you are sayin bou the mana boost and i think that would help a lot considering the strategy behind the deck.

Captivating Vampire would help too, if you can find stuff to edit and make it fit.
Decks Used Slivers - Dragons - Artifacts - Elves Monsters - : Vampires - Knights - Infect
It looks good to me.  Obviously you will want to tweak it after you actually play it because who knows, it's tough to judge a deck on paper a lot of the time.
You should really consider running Nightbird's Clutches, the ability to prevent two of your opponent's creatures from blocking (with flashback mind you) is invaluable in a deck with creatures that grow with each hit.
Here's what I'm running:

LANDS:
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Dragonskull Summit
4 Stensia Bloodhall
6 Mountain
5 Swamp

CREATURES: