Alternatives to H2:Thunderspire Labyrinth

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I'm running a group of players through H1:Keep on the Shadowfell currently and I'm looking for a good adventure or set of modules to fill the space where H2 would be. I don't have a lot of prep time, so premade is a must. The reason being is that 4 or the five party members and myself have already been through thunderspire together. We'd like to pick up at pyramid of shadows, so something for levels 4-7 is ideal although any suggestions would be great.
My monday night wouldn't be half as cool if DnD didn't exist.
HS2: Orcs of Stonefang Pass, maybe. Or just advance to 5th-level and start Pyramid a little bit underpowered to do it on "hard mode." It'll already be a little underpowered if you're using the latest material for PCs because the monsters are pre-MM3 in that module.

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character     Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!

Here, Have Some Free Material From Me: Encounters With Alternate Goals  |  Dark Sun Full-Contact Futbol   |   Pre-Generated D&D 5e PCs

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

So I'm running a group of players through H1:Keep on the Shadowfell currently and I'm looking for a good adventure or set of modules to fill the space where H2 would be. I don't have a lot of prep time, so premade is a must. The reason being is that 4 or the five party members and myself have already been through thunderspire together. We'd like to pick up at pyramid of shadows, so something for levels 4-7 is ideal although any suggestions would be great.

Trial of the Underkeep is supposed to be good.
Thanks, I'll be looking into Orcs of Stonefang pass as well as trial of the Underkeep. Running Pyramid on "hard mode" does sound appealing, although two of my 5 are new to the game, though they are learning quicker than I had expected.
My monday night wouldn't be half as cool if DnD didn't exist.
Do you have access to Dungeon adventures? If so, there are several that fall within that level range, either individually or as a series.

Battle of the Witchlight Hermitage and Sunken Tower of the Marsh Mystic, linked together, would cover the 4-5 range. You could follow that up with Leader of the Pack segueing into Bark at the Moon to cover the rest of the distance to level 7.

Alternatively, The Tyrant's Oath at level 6 would be a good follow-up to the swamp-themed adventures since it also takes place in/near one.