Best Cards for a Vampire Deck?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just wondering what would be good to go in a B/W Vampire deck?

I already am including Sorin Markov and Sorin, Lord of Innistrad as well as Vampire Nocturnus and Vampire Nighthawk 

Anyone have any spells, enchantments or other vampires that would be good? 

Thanks! :>
it really depends on what your aiming for, vampires are a rather diverse thing now, you can build around life gain with sanguine bond and various lifelink vampires and maybe try for the infinite combo with exquisite blood. You could also just with with cheap quick vampires either from zendikar or go B/R with the new innistrad ones that get stronger if they can connect with them. There's also building around vampires that take control of an opponent's creature. Or if you're an old school fan like me there are the good old fashion vampires that get stronger as you kill or damage creatures. As for spells, if you're looking for themed spells to throw in, here is a bunch I really like:
sorin's vengeance if you going to go with him, why his vengeance
blood tribute
feast of blood
barter in blood
tribute to hunger
victim of night
vampiric fury
WHOA!!! Mephidross Vampire is AWESOME! :DDD

and if it makes any differenece, i was trying to build around the infinite combo with Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood and include other stuff like the Eight-and-a-Half-Tails and Yawgmoth's Edict combo and Death Wish to fetch stuff from my side board to adapt to pretty much ANYTHING my opponents can throw at me.

here is my deck and sideboard as it stands now 

Land: 20
3x Gemstone Mine
3x Tainted Field
14x Swamp

Creatures: 15
3x Captivating Vampire
3x Vampire Nighthawk
3x Bloodline Keeper ~ Lord of Lineage
3x Vampire Nocturnus
3x Eight-and-a-Half-Tails

Spells: 18
3x Dark Ritual
3x Yawgmoth's Edict
3x Death Wish
3x Insidious Dreams
3x Exquisite Blood
3x Sanguine Bond

Artifacts: 3
3x Elixir of Immortality

Planeswalkers: 4
2x Sorin Markov
2x Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sideboard: 15
1x Leeches
3x Grave Titan 
1x Tsabo's Decree
1x Bond of Agony 
1x Banshee 
1x Memoricide
1x Haunting Echoes 
1x Plague Wind 
1x Batwing Brume 
3x Midnight Banshee 
1x Seizan, Perverter of Truth 

The reason for such a random sideboard is so i can respond to a lot of different scenarios in-game with Death Wish 

I would love suggestions for dealing with token decks and ESPESCIALLY stuff that can halt me like Platinum Emperion such~

Thanks again for the suggestions! :D
I'm fairly new, but i thought maybe i could help, shouldn't you put a Chancellor of the Dross in there? Just a suggestion! Other than that, your deck looks solid.
If you are going to build around Sanguine Bond + Exquisite Blood I'd focus on that combo a whole lot more (I'd also drop :W: for that build).

I dislike the Eight-And-A-Half-Tails and Yawgmoth's Edict combo, it does far too little. I'd drop it.

I dislike Death Wish here, since you aren't really running any utility. I'd add Tormod's Crypt,  Engineered Plague (deals with Tokens like Tsabo's Decree but costs a whole lot less), Dismember and Sadistic Sacrament.

I also would not be running 20 lands here. I'd be looking at least 24 (ideally with some better fixing).
You have an average mana cost of 3.45 here which is too high. I'd include much more of the lower cost vampires, to take better advantage of your "Lords".

My first MD alteration would be:

- 3 Eight-And-A-Half-Tails
- 1 Elixir Of Immortality
+ 4 Caves Of Koilos

followed by:

- 3 Yawgmoth's Edict
- 1 Elixir Of Immortality
+ 4 Oblivion Ring

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Also, would it be worth playing decimator web and sangromancer combo? (basically tap 4non-colored and target player discards 6 and sangormancer's bonus of whenever a player discards or their creature goes to graveyard, you may gain 3 life.)
If you have a Sanguine Bond , Exquisite Blood , and maw of mire. You Win the duel.
Just wondering what would be good to go in a B/W Vampire deck?

I already am including Sorin Markov and Sorin, Lord of Innistrad as well as Vampire Nocturnus and Vampire Nighthawk 

Anyone have any spells, enchantments or other vampires that would be good? 

Thanks! :>

I think one of the conficts I see here is combat creatures and combo spells. By that, I mean that it seems you wanna play an offensive game while waiting on a combo that is almost, because you've got a great offense going already, a win-more combo. Either commit to winning thru combat, or play a more defensive set to keep yourself alive till your combo comes. Don't underestimate the usfulness of Liliana Vess here. Dig the 2nd piece of the combo when the time comes. Also gives the ability to change your topdeck if it doesn't meet the Nocturnus' demand for a black card on top.

Although, I'll add this: If you have one half of the combo in play, and a Nocturnus, when that 2nd combo piece is sitting on topdeck for your opponemt to see, expect BAD things to happen, and DON'T expect to get that combo off without your opponent doing something to stop it.  I might even ditch the Nocturnus for this very reason.

To do B/W Vamps, look at the white as just a support color. Stick with the Vamps for creatures, and use the white to clear the path for them. Expensive, but Vindicate is a must in the days of planewalkers. Oblivion Ring is obviously a good choice, as well as the classic Disenchant, and one of my favs Path to Exile.

Last suggestion: Work on your mana base. Trade or mow lawns, but you NEED a more flexible mana base. This is why multi-color lands are always so expensive. They are THE backbone of any deck.  There is NO feeling like knowing the game was yours, IF you just had that one last white mana...
You can only have one planeswalker with the same subtype... In this case the subtype is Sorin.
Since no body is reaponding to my thread I was wondering if you guys would take a look at my potential lifesteal deck.

4x vampire nighthawk 4x daggerdome imp 4x dark ritual 4x cabal ritual 4x coruption 4x sorin's vengeance 4x sorin's thirst 4x murder 4x victim of night 2x chancellor of the dross 2x butcher of malakir 2x malakir bloodwitch 1x sorin markov  30x Swamps What do you guys think? Maybe exquist blood instead of cabal ritual or something. I'd love to work the sanguin bond/exquisit blood combo but I can't afford sanguins blood. 

I run a B/W vampire deck,pretty cheap to on the exception of a few cards,tried and true

Land

12x Swamp

10x Plains

1x Tainted field

Sorceries

1x Bump in the night

1x Death Grasp

1x Merciless Eviction

Instants

1xGod's willing

1xExtiripate

1xUrge to feed

1xTribute to hunger

1xSorin's thirst

1xGo for the throat

1xVampire's bite

1xZealous Persecution

1xMortify

1xUnmake

Enchantments

1x Pacfism

1xOrdeal of Heliod

1xArrest

1xOblivion ring

1xBlood Reckoning

1xViper's kiss

1xMark of the vampire

1xUnhallowed pact

Creatures

2xSuture priest

1xBloodrage vampire

1xVampire Nocturnes

2xVampire nighthawk

1xSengir Vampire

1xShadow alley denizen

1xNecropolis Regent

1xGatekeeper of Malikar

1xChild of night

1xChosen of Markow

1xTithe drinker

1xBlood baron of Vizkopa

Planeswalkers

1xLiliana Vess

1xSorin,Lord of innistrad

Artifacts

1xTraveler's amulet

Sideboard

Enchantments

1xPhyrexian unlife

1xPersonal Sanctuary

Artifact

1xDecimator web

Creatures

1xQuag vampires

1x Child of night

1xStormkirk patrol

1xBarony vampire

Planeswalkers

1xAjani,caller of the Pride

Mothman33 wrote:
I run a B/W vampire deck,pretty cheap to on the exception of a few cards,tried and true
Why would you bump a 6 month old thread with an un-autocarded list that looks like it would be more at home in EDH?

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!