Soulbond rules - Are each creatures give their abilities to each other?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I heard 2 different things about soulbond and this create some confusion to me.

In my example Wolfir Silverheart (4/4 - Soulbond: give +4/+4 to each creature) is paired with Seraph of Dawn (Angel - 2/4 - Flying and lifelink)

Some people said to me:
Wolfir Silverheart become a 8/8 creature with flying and lifelink; the Angel become a 6/8 creature with flying and lifelink

Some other people disagre with that and think :
Wolfir Silverheart become a 8/8 creature and the Angel become a 6/8 creature with flying and lifelink.

So ... My question is:
is only the soulbond creature (paired with a non-soulbond creature) give some abilities to the other creature (the non-soulbound one)? Or both creatures gain abilies from each other?

Thank you for your help!
Both paired creatures get the ability mentioned by soulbond. If Wolfir Silverheart is paired with Seraph of Dawn, the wolf is 8/8 and the angel is 6/8 with flying and lifelink. No other abilities are given aside from the ones specifically mentioned by the soulbond ability.

Note that most creatures with soulbond don't actually even have their soulbond ability until they're paired.

Soulbond
is an ability that can PAIR creatures.
But Soulbond doesn't do anything else: Soulbond does NOT allow the sharing of abilities.

Look at the bottom of the Wolfir Silverheart card; there's another ability:
«As long as Wolfir Silverheart is paired with another creature, each of those creatures gets +4/+4.»

Now THAT ability instructs you to share something. And nothing else.

Sorry we had to increase taxes: my limo needs new tires. (eh! they were at least two weeks old)

Smile
Thank you  Bowshewicz and Chaikov for your reply. Now, everything is clear as rules for soulbound abilities & sharing
Sign In to post comments