05/01/2012 Serious Fun: "Miraculous Upkeep"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Ah finally, a Serious Fun article that interests me. I haven't played commander yet, so it usually has nothing interesting for me, but this week featured 2 of my favourite casual archetypes! Also, how do you feel about a singleton Increasing Confusion in the mill deck? Later on, it can be pretty devastating from the 'yard.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Yeah, I was surprised you didn't have Hada Freeblade already - that guy's great.  I've got a similar allies deck, but I splashed black for Hagra Diabolist, since he can just end games with Ghostway and a few allies.  I've had more than a few games where he hits for 100+ life loss on turn 7 or 8.  I also went with a more mana ramp deck (for Genesis Wave, of course) and included Harabaz Druid and Birds of Paradise.  They also make splashing one or two off-color allies easier.

You can see the full deck here if you're interested: www.essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID...

I'm sure the numbers aren't all correct, but it's sure fun to play in multiplayer where you can take out the table :-)
Adding a Soulbond creature to a mill deck...and it's the Alchemist over Stern Mentor? *confused*
isn't everyone running fetch lands? Why no archive trap
I have my own W/U ally deck that's pretty fun (and I think it's pretty powerful too).  I really like the idea of Cathars' Crusade.  I should try to squeeze it in.

hada freeblade
kazandu blademaster (OP)
kabira evangel (Headshot!)
join the ranks
talus paladin (feels weakest...I think he'd go)
ondu cleric (the stall enabled by this guy is disgusting)
halimar excavator (it's disturbingly easy to win through mill with this guy)
jwari shapeshifter
planar guide
ghostway
momentary blink

I don't remember the numbers, but those are definitely the cards.
And it only costs ~$20 to build from scratch. =D

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

A Mill deck with AVR cards should have Dreadwaters...

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Yeah, Snapcaster makes every deck better, but in this deck, you don't need to run it?
whatcolor_isred.jpg