Looking for an adventure to run

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been running a campaign with a few buddies the last two months, but our DM wants to swap roles every so often to get a feel of how us players play. He wants to pick up at the same-ish area that his campaign is so he has a better feel of  the difficulty of battles that we're currently experiencing. 

What's a good adventure around 5th/6th level to start? If it's not too difficult to swap Pathfinder over to the D&D module, then I'm up for getting one of them and making the number changes. Thanks in advance for any who make suggestions.
Are you asking for a 4th ed 5th/6th level adventure?

If you are, here are a few suggestions of ones that work for 4e out of the box:
Scepter Tower of Spellgard (2-4)
Seekers of the Ashen Crown (2-5)
Thunderspire Labyrith (4-6)

A few things you can upgrade:
The Vessel of Stars (4)
Bad Light (4)
The Eye of the Sun (4)
Fallen Angel (5)
One Last Riddle (5 to 7)

If you just need encounters I highly recommend picking up the book "Dungeon Delve".  It has 3 combat encounters for every level 1-30.

Also you might want to check this:
www.livingforgottenrealms.com/adventures... 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Are you asking for a 4th ed 5th/6th level adventure?

If you are, here are a few suggestions of ones that work for 4e out of the box:
Scepter Tower of Spellgard (2-4)
Seekers of the Ashen Crown (2-5)
Thunderspire Labyrith (4-6)

A few things you can upgrade:
The Vessel of Stars (4)
Bad Light (4)
The Eye of the Sun (4)
Fallen Angel (5)
One Last Riddle (5 to 7)

If you just need encounters I highly recommend picking up the book "Dungeon Delve".  It has 3 combat encounters for every level 1-30.

Also you might want to check this:
www.livingforgottenrealms.com/adventures... 

Yeah, I was looking for a 4e adventure. Sorry for not posting that. I'm thinking One Last Riddle may be the best start. It's the right range for what I'm looking for. Dungeon Delve would be good too, if I could come up with some filler stuff for inbetween battles.

What editions are those that need to be upgraded?

Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

Okay. I haven't played D&D long enough to have had experience with any of the other editions. Is there much conversion issues to get those to 4e?

Okay. I haven't played D&D long enough to have had experience with any of the other editions. Is there much conversion issues to get those to 4e?

Yeah, they are fairly dissimilar.  In order to convert the adventure what you would need to do is keep the storyline basically the same, but draw up encounter maps for 4e if they don't have them in the handbook and make the stat blocks / look up the stat blocks for the monsters.  Basically you would have to rebalance the encounters in the adventure to match 4e encounter designs in the DMG.
Show
Well I think I can find some maps to fit them in if that adventure doesn't have them, and I know how to make encounters the right level for a party. Thanks for the help. It's much appreciated. 
Sign In to post comments