(Contest - 1 round) Shot of Ed #2

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, after the first one, it would appear that a fair time period to set for these would be 48-60 hours (2-2.5 days). And so it shall be: this contest ends 48-60 hours from now (which allows a margin of error for my erratic sleeping schedule).

Basic Rules
1) Only one card per person, unless the criteria specifically asks for multiple cards.
2) Anybody may post a card as long as the contest has not been officially closed.
2a) Official contest closing text, if it appears in a post by me by itself: CONTEST CLOSED
3) No Un-cards, unless the criteria has specifically stated "Un-cards allowed."
4) With exception to specific criterias asking for a color pie break, don't break the color pie. Stretching the pie is okay if you can give a valid arguement or if you know I'm in support of such a stretch. (lifelink in green; only one I'm giving out for free)
5) Try to keep your wording as accurate and up-to-date as possible, preferably in English (Actually, I believe the forum rules state that you must post in English only...). Wording is a graded aspect.
6) I think any other rules I could come up with are already in the Code of Conduct and Terms of Use stuff, so...read those if you haven't already.

Your criteria is: Make a nonartifact non-flip card with a color indicator that is a different color than the mana you pay to cast it. DFCs will not fulfill the criteria unless each face is a different color than what was paid. IE: You pay white mana to cast a DFC, the front face must have a non-white color indicator and the back face must have a non-white color indicator. I'm not entirely sure how flip cards handle color indicators, so...*edit*

Reference
204. Color Indicator
204.1. The color indicator is printed to the left of the type line directly below the illustration. It consists of a circular symbol filled in with one or more colors. A color indicator is usually found on nonland cards without a mana cost.
204.2. An object with a color indicator is each color denoted by that color indicator.

Optional Reading
So obviously, the card is going to have color bleeding involved. Because, in theory, the only way to justify a card having a color indicator that is a different color than its casting cost is to either find something both colors can do, or just flat out break the pie. I'm sure somebody will find a way to make this a unique criteria, though.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

So it has to have the replacement for the old "~ is [color]" wording?
Strange criteria. Hard to justify why a card might have a different color indicator than its cost. Are we allowed to use flip cards/DFCs to fit this condition?

Here's a temporary submission.

Unhallowed Radiance
Instant (Color indicator: Black)
You gain life equal to the power of target attacking creature. If :B: was spent to cast ~, that creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
A veneer of light is all that is needed to be considered justice.
So it has to have the replacement for the old "~ is [color]" wording?

That's what the color indicator is. If it helps, I'll find the Comp Rules entry covering color indicators and put it in the OP.

{edit} Also, if you're unsure how exactly to format the color indicator part of the card, I will accept the old wording in place of a color indicator for a small penalty (5%) to your total score. For example, if your card's total score was 9.8/10, 5% of that is .49, which I would round up to .5, thus making your final score 9.3/10.

Strange criteria. Hard to justify why a card might have a different color indicator than its cost.

Indeed.

Are we allowed to use flip cards/DFCs to fit this condition?

I actually didn't think about that...the intention was that the entire card (as opposed to just the flipped or transformed side/face) is a different color than what you paid to cast it, so I'm going to say no. I'll edit the criteria accordingly. Thank you for bringing to light this possible interpretation of the criteria.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Furious Rebuttal
Instant [Rare] []
Cast Furious Rebuttal only if you control another blue spell.
Counter target spell unless its controller pays , where X is equal to the number of spells they control. If a spell is countered this way, Furious Rebuttal deals X damage to target player.
"You know, sometimes I think Chandra may be right. There's nothing quite like the thrill of losing your temper."
Jace Beleran
Incandescent Bolt --
  Instant
Incandescent Bolt deals three damage to target creature or player.

The grey dot is the color indicator indicating its color is indicated as being white.  (An actual white color indicator indicating white would be invisible, and not clearly indicated.  Infuriating?  I find it fatuous but fascinating.)

It's like Ghostfire, but shifts the color to white instead of colorless.  

It depends. Your gray dot is most likely invisible if you use the phyrexian theme. Not that I know why anyone would, but hey.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

For the Greater Good |
Instant (Common) (Colour Indicator: White [])
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a human.
All Humans and non-creature permanents you control gain protection from all colours until end of turn.
"Throughout the ages, white mages often have turned to black magic for the protection of their own - but always at a price"

Cheers, vlord.
Restless Dread
 Creature - Spirit
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a white creature.
He gazed upon the newly created wasteland.
They all lied dead before him, and he too could finally join them.

6/6

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Edan's Drastic Ploy  2WW
(U) Sorcery (Rare)
Destroy all creatures. Then, put three +1/+1 counters on each creature.
"If all goes well, the kingdom of Reach will flourish, while the reparations will fall upon the Fade.
--General Obvis

The idea here is that it's a white spell, it's a completely blue character doing the spell.  They're trying doing the whole 'let's blame it on the other people' type of deal.
\o/
Destroy the future |
[] Instant (Uncommon)
Counter target spell. Instead of putting that card into a graveyard return it to it's owner's hand.
Add mana to that player's mana pool equal to the mana spent on the spell.
You then search for a card from that player's hand and put it into their graveyard.
You may reorder the top four cards of their library.

"The future is a labrynth and I decide which path you choose."
Show
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
so the question is, how can you justify making something another color than you pay for it? there's a couple options. the card can have a mechanic that fits in both colors, but then the question is why it's not just the actual color. it can directly reference the new color, but that's the very definition of heavy-handed. I could utilize that mechanic I just made for Mown's contest. but that seems to cheaty, and not really in spirit of the mechanic anyway. so what's left? well...

Duskblot Mass-
()Creature-Ooze
You can't cast black spells.
A perfect shadow for a world in search of light.
7/7 

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Prismasochist
[] Creature - Demon (M)
When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals 7 damage to target red creature, target green creature's controller sacrifices it, exile target white creature, and target blue creature's owner shuffles it into his or her library.
There are many flavors of pain. He's sampled the entire smorgasboard.
5/5
Channeled Blast -
[]Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast ~, exile any number of cards from your hand. ~ deals damage to target creature or player equal to twice the number of cards exiled this way. You skip your draw step for the rest of the game.
"Knowlege is power. For some mages, literally."

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Stuff about the principle of the contest

Well sorta. If you look at mine, the idea is that the actual mana it requires is black because it's simiilar to discarding and black does occasionally get a spell that reorders/screws with the library, but it's blue because:
-Blue also screws with the library, but *usually* not the opponent's, that's black's thing
-Blue counters, and the countering is how you get to the discard; but you don't have to actually discard the spell that you were countering
-It's Blue because it's manipulating *time.*

While it would make sense as blue because of the mechanics it *feels* black because you are searching for a card in their hand to force a discard and then you're invading their library. Note that it makes sense that cards that counter blue spells (such as Gutteral Response) make total sense to counter this. This is effectively playing blue in black with a twist; so cards that screw blue should screw this card.

Another good example was the submission in here similar to Ghostfire. It allows you do something that needs red mana to cast but is supposed to be a non-red destructive force. Think along the lines of things that feel the type that they are, but would make sense for the type of mana you're using. 

Prismasochist
[] Creature - Demon (M)
When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals 7 damage to target red creature, target green creature's controller sacrifices it, exile target white creature, and target blue creature's owner shuffles it into his or her library.
5/5

Er... I don't think you understand. You paid black mana but he's a Red White Green and Blue creature. So you basically want this guy to enter the battlefield, do sometihing to the opponent (unless they're multicolor) and then slam the caster with several effects, most of which conflict with each other (exiliing, saccing, and bouncing-to-library the same creature.)

You'd want to have some clause that these have to hit a creature other than Primasochist or use "opponent controls" or something. If you do mean to do that, it seems like since you'd almost never actually get him on the field he wouldn't see play as he'd have an unreliable effect when it comes to
Show
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Yes - that's entirely the point. I was almost going to explin him but I figured he was self-explanatory, and now I regret it aarrgh

Against a monocolor deck, he's a 1-for-1 removal. He takes out one, say, white creature, and the other three abilities have to target him (since you're likely mono-black). That's not bad, it's like a doom blade or fleshbag marauder - it costs you a card to remove a card.

Against most decks he can often manage a 2-for-1, killing 2 creatures of different colours and costing you a card.

If you manage to cast him for full value, you get a 5-for-1, 4 removals and a free creature to beat with, but that's unlikely in most non-multiplayer games. Or you can jump through hoops and sacrifice things of your own to satisfy the requirements (this is intentionally hard, because of his steep BBB cost). Or you can change his color at instant speed. There are ways to have him stick around, but he's generally not supposed to - hence, "masochist."
A mechanic like this would have to be done in a color-matter themed set.  I don't see any other purpose to it.  Also, the flavor has to be important.

Elvish Outlaw
Creature - Elf Warrior
Elvish Outlaw has +1+1 for each red permanent you control.
''Cast out, he became a leader''
*/*
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Lost One
[Colorless]Creature - Eldrazi
Whenever ~ attacks, defending player sacrifices a permanent.
5/4
After awakening in a swamp and steeped in black mana, it forgot its home and remembered only hunger
Piranha-maw Merrow  
Creature – Merfolk Barbarian
Bloodthirst 2 (If an opponent was dealt damage this turn, this creature enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.)
If you control another red creature, Piranha-maw Merrow has haste.
2/1

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Ice Bolt | 
:U: Instant
Tap target creature.
Unify -- If you control a creature that shares a color with this spell and a creature that shares a color with this spell's printed mana cost, tap target creature and deal 3 damage to it instead.
"I think I like this whole teamwork thing." --Tomas the Pyromancer, to Joleen, Court Mage

*Picture is some sort of animal's feet trapped in ice as a lightning bolt hits it and two mages and conjuring up the ice and bolt*

I would have a whole set of these sorts of effects. I think it would be pretty cool.
My Commander decks! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942477/Endrek_Sahr,_Master_of_Disaster http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29942329/*Rumbling_Stomach_Noises*_Guildpact_Borborygmos_Deck
Stuff about the principle of the contest

Well sorta. If you look at mine, the idea is that the actual mana it requires is black because it's simiilar to discarding and black does occasionally get a spell that reorders/screws with the library, but it's blue because:
-Blue also screws with the library, but *usually* not the opponent's, that's black's thing
-Blue counters, and the countering is how you get to the discard; but you don't have to actually discard the spell that you were countering
-It's Blue because it's manipulating *time.*

While it would make sense as blue because of the mechanics it *feels* black because you are searching for a card in their hand to force a discard and then you're invading their library. Note that it makes sense that cards that counter blue spells (such as Gutteral Response) make total sense to counter this. This is effectively playing blue in black with a twist; so cards that screw blue should screw this card.

Another good example was the submission in here similar to Ghostfire. It allows you do something that needs red mana to cast but is supposed to be a non-red destructive force. Think along the lines of things that feel the type that they are, but would make sense for the type of mana you're using. 

when I preface my card with a ramble about the basis of the criteria, it's a safe bet that I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not saying that doing anything I described is wrong, it's just me working out how I'd like to approach the criteria.

I like how my OP says it's been 2 days when it's only been a 1.5 days...

So yeah, .5-1 day warning. If you have any doubts about your cards, you'll want to start editing them. Consistent grading categories will be: wording, power level/balance, fits criteria, and card elements. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep the flavor and first impression categories from the previous contest/round.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Murmurs from the swamp

Sorcery (Common)

If you control a swamp, target player discards a card.

Warsung the Wandering Woods
Planeswalker Land - Warsung Forest (Color Indicator: )
Whenever another land enters the battlefield under your control, put a loyalty counter on Warsung the Wandering Woods.
-1: Add to your mana pool.
-3: Until end of turn, Warsung becomes a 7/7 indestructible Treefolk creature that is also a planeswalker and a land. Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to Warsung the Wandering Woods this turn.
Loyalty: 2
CONTEST CLOSED

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Finished snapshotting the cards. Grades will be up when I finally get them done. Unfortunately I can tell right away at least one of the cards is going to get a big fat zero for a score (which tells you either somebody forgot all their card elements, or else they didn't do what the criteria asked).

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Grades

Ffarqhuar
This is a very nice card to start with. Simple, straight forward, and doesn't break the color pie too badly. I mean, yeah, okay, black doesn't normally get life gain outside of drain effects, but you get away with that on this card because of the conditional -3/-3 effect. You can run this in a white deck, but it sees its full potential in a white-black deck. Dripping with flavor in my opinion.
Flavor - 2.5/3
Wording -  2/2
Power Level/Balance - 1.8/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets criteria - 1/1
Contains proper card elements - 1/1
Total - 9.3/10

Jessica_Morgan
Interesting card. Very clearly breaking color pie, but also very flavorfully supported. Why should blue stay cool-headed all the time? Why can't that countermage lose his temper and just shout furiously at you, turning your spell away AND blasting you with a wave of power? Yep, this settles it: Flavor is a graded point here, and worth more than it was last contest/round. Also Justification, but not as worth much since most of the Justification will be tied in to flavor.
Flavor - 2.7/3
Wording - 2/2
Power Level/Balance - 1.7/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.4/10

NoUnderscore
When dealing damage, you just put the number, not write it out. I will be counting off for wording because of that. =/ But other than that, a decent card. Not superbly exciting, but it certainly feels within the confines of red and white. Kind of like holy fire: it came from a red mage, but it burns with the fuel of another cause so protection from red doesn't work against it.
Flavor - 2.3/3
Wording - 1.9/2
Power Level/Balance - 1.9/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.1/10

vlord
I kind of wish you hadn't tacked a rarity on to this. Because now I have to grade it as that rarity. And this definitely isn't common at its current cost. Maybe uncommon, much more comfortable at rare, but definitely not common. It would probably need to cost an additional to fit in at common. Aside from the power level issue, it's a very good card. Sacrificing somebody (a martyr, if you will) to save everybody else is very white in flavor, but at the same time does seem very dark (and thus fits in black's pie). Strong flavor.
Flavor - 2.6/3
Wording - 2/2
Power Level/Balance - 1.2/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets criteria - 1/1
Total - 8.8/10

Mown
I like this very much. I could see this sneaking in at uncommon if it were to see print. It has good flavor, would definitely see play in limited, maybe not so much in constructed play unless there was a sacrifice theme going on. It's just a simple and solid card. There's not much to analyze about it.
Flavor - 2.4/3
Wording - 2/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.3/10

Yushang
I don't really get where this could be blue. Yeah, you are getting a lot of help from white. And yeah, it puts three +1/+1 counters on whatever gets regenerated or is otherwise indestructable. But that feels more like a green effect to me. I'm sure if I could see the card among the rest of the cards in its set or read the entire storyline for it, it'd make more sense to me, but...as a standalone card, not very flavorful and the justification is only half there. =/ Definitely fits as a rare, though, no doubt.
Flavor - 1.6/3
Wording - 2/2
Power Level/Balance - 2/2
Justification - .5/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 8.1/10

blurrymadness
I don't like this card. Mostly because it's trying to do too much. Especially for an uncommon. Even as a rare, I wouldn't like how much this is trying to do. I like the flavor you're going for, though. Definitely fits in black's pie, where you're aiming. I would get rid of the mana generation on this spell, and the Index effect. Then you could fit this in at uncommon. Also, you don't search a player's hand, you look at it. So, that third line should be "Look at that player's hand and choose a card from it. That player discards that card." I know some people would probably be in the mindset of "Why not just counter the spell? More often than not that's what I'm going to do, just get the spell right out of their hand." Personally, I really like the concept of countering a spell Remand style and getting the choice of either putting that spell into the graveyard or nabbing a different, more powerful card.
Flavor - 2/3
Wording - 1.8/2
Power Level/Balance - .9/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 7.7/10

razorborne
I'd run this, most definitely. Was it intentional that you can cast multiples of this? Cause if it wasn't, I think you could switch the green into the casting cost and make it a black color indicator with practically no impact to flavor or power level (other than keeping yourself from having more than one of these out without "cheating" one out). The refusal of casting (additional) black spells definitely fits into green and black.
Flavor - 2.8/3
Wording - 2/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.7/10

Steinhauser
Figures you'd be the one to take the criteria to its extreme. Decent card, awesome falvor. I'm not entirely sure what happens to your Demon, though, if your opponent doesn't have any creatures of the stated colors out. I would think that the last instruction would be the one that sticks, since state-based actions aren't checked while a spell or ability is resolving. Certainly this would never die from damage dealt to itself. Very much so debatable on whether or not it would go to the graveyard and stay there from the anti-green effect, or if it would get exiled by the anti-white effect, or if it would just get reshuffled by the anti-blue effect...hmm...honestly, there isn't much justification for making this four colors. Normally I'd take off for wording with such a confusing interaction, but since the interaction wouldn't be there if you hadn't just globbed all those colors into the color indicator...
Flavor - 2.6/3
Wording - 2/2
Justification - .8/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.2/10

Fenix
Well, this is certainly a "blast from the past" type of card. A revisit to the old "psionic damage" premise in blue, fixed only because its color indicator is red. I'd say the skipping of the draw step for the rest of the game is a tad harsh, except since this would be run in a blue deck anyways they can overcome that easily. Slight wording issue: you have your effect tied in to the line with the additional cost. The effect should be on a line all its own.
Flavor - 2.7/3
Wording - 1.9/2
Power Level/Balance - 1.6/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.2/10

Sebanovich
Yes, a mechanic like this probably would make more sense in a colors matter theme. As for your card, I'm gonna have to take off points for wording. Cause if your Elf is getting +1/+1 for each red permanent you control, then its p/t needs to read 0/0. But, if it's supposed to be "~ has power and toughness each equal to the number of red permanents you control." then the */* is right and your ability is worded wrong.
Flavor - 2.4/3
Wording - 1.6/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 8.8/10

Exxile72
Colorless is not a color, and the criteria was to make a card with a color indicator that was a different color than its casting cost. Not to mention that you can't have a colorless color indicator; Ghostfire still has the ability "{this} is colorless." The ability is annihilator 1 written out (and honestly, I think it'd be better if you just put "annihilator 1" as the ability instead of writing it out). Not a bad card, just doesn't fit the criteria.
Flavor - 2.5/3
Wording - 1.9/2
Justificaction - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 0/1
Total - 0/10

AzureShade
Yeah, good thing you editted it. I saw you originally post it with a red/blue color indicator.  Anyways, I like this concept. Not only does it get Bloodthirst into blue (kind of), but you find a way to make Merfolk barbarians; they're pirahna merfolk. Awesome flavor.
Flavor - 2.8/3
Wording - 2/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 9.5/10

BibboTheFirst
This one isn't as impressive as the card you submitted to the last contest/round. And your Unify ability word is worded in a very inelegant way. The wording would work much better if you just stated which two colors needed to be working together. So: "If you control a blue creature and a red creature, instead tap target creature and ~ deals 3 damage to it." Balanced cost considering you have to control two creatures of different colors to get the full effect. And I like the premise of the ability word. Kind of like a Conspire that powers up your spells instead of doubling them. Tapping creatures for red mana makes this kind of sketchy as far as color pie justification goes, but I'd be willing to interpret the tap as an alternate method of red saying "target creature can't block."
Flavor - 2.4/3
Wording - 1.6/2
Power Level/Balance - 1.6/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Total - 8.6/10

tmich
...you're lucky I take everything literally; this only makes it through the criteria rating because, technically, having a color is a different color than colorless (which isn't a color at all). Not so lucky on the power level rating: even if you do control a swamp, you shouldn't get discard for free at common. Maybe uncommon, but not common. Mind Swords is the last "free discard" spell that was printed in common, and it wasn't really free (had to sac a creature for its alternate cost). Not to mention it affected all players. Yes, it exiles cards, but it is still hand destruction which is what discard is.
Flavor - 1/3
Wording - 2/2
Power Level/Balance - .7/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets Criteria - 1/1
Toal - 6.7/10

McKinzie
Don't encourage the newbie. P: Anyways, this is more broken than the free discard (more broken than any card I've ever seen, actually). You can drop this turn 1 and tap it for , then activate its -1 ability for an additional , effectively making this stronger than a Black Lotus. Yes, green gets ramp, but not like this. I do like the concept of a Planeswalker that is also a Land, but if you're going to give this guy a basic land type, at least make him (or her) enter tapped. Or else make adding also tap him and only able to be activated if he/she/it is untapped.
Flavor - 2/3
Wording - 2/2
Power Level/Balance - .1/2
Justification - 1/1
Meets criteria - 1/1
Total - 7.1/10

Final Score Determination
Sum(all categories)*Criteria Score*Card Elements Score

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Top Card
razorborne's Duskblot Mass

Runner-Up
AzureShade

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

to clarify, it was absolutely intentional that you could cast more than one of it.

To clarify, if all 4 or my creature's effects target him, the one you decide to put onto the stack last will happen, and the other 3 will fizzle (as he will no longer be a legal target).

Also, I think I was mechanically justified in making him 4 colours, if not flavourfully. At heart it's still a black card, to be used in black decks, and hates on all colours but black (as black is prone to do). But it also forces you to sac it every time unless something else is destroyed in its stead (also a common black theme) which requires it be the same colours as it's hating on. In this case, its technical colours are used to enable a wholly black mechanic.

I'm glad my design did well, and thanks for the contest.
To clarify, if all 4 or my creature's effects target him, the one you decide to put onto the stack last will happen, and the other 3 will fizzle (as he will no longer be a legal target).

not true. it's worded as a single triggered ability, which means they occur in the order listed. so it takes 7 damage, then is sacrificed, then neither of the other effects do anything.

to clarify, it was absolutely intentional that you could cast more than one of it.

Just as well, one 7/7, lots of 7/7s; it's all good either way.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

While I agree that it's probably a bit wordy, maybe doing too much; I fear you misread the card :s. It's a Portent effect, not an index effect. Not sure if you noticed that; I always feel like magic could use a couple more cards that do stuff like that. 

It would probably be fine just putting it back in their hand and then picking a card; but I wanted to give the mana back for flavor reasons (you're reversing time; similar to urza cards.) Either way, thanks for the review!

EDIT: Damn missed my chance to simply put "Fateseal 4." While it'd work a little different; I'd feel so cool putting that on a card lol
Show
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
While I agree that it's probably a bit wordy, maybe doing too much; I fear you misread the card :s. It's a Portent effect, not an index effect. Not sure if you noticed that; I always feel like magic could use a couple more cards that do stuff like that.

I didn't misread. I call any and every effect that reorders the top X cards of a library an index effect, whether it be affecting you or an opponent. I have this annoying habit of grouping effects into one category based on a specific action whereas other people will seperate them based on who/what they affect. Unless that effect has been keyworded, in which case it stands off by itself. For example: provoke vs lure. Had provoke never been keyworded, I'd group it in as a lure effect.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Yay, I got second place!

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.