Eternal Gain/Drain? :O

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond

If i have these two out and i play something like Taste of Blood, what happens?

Does the combo of gain=lose and lose=gain form an infinite loop? or what happens?

Would love clarification! :>

I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/4.jpg)

yes it does, good luck
Woohoo! :D This made my day! Thank ya so much! :>
what happens then actually? does the loop stop when opponent dies or is it technically a draw?
Ruling is this. As sanguine bond says "target" opponent, once all your opponents are dead, there is no legal target and the loop ends.
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
Ruling is this. As sanguine bond says "target" opponent, once all your opponents are dead, there is no legal target and the loop ends.

So the loop ends when the game is over?! XD Awesome!!! Thats what i was hoping happened! :D
The loop ends, when you cannot choose a legal target for the Bond's ability, either ability gets countered or otherwise removed from the stack, the targeted opponent's or your life total doesn't change, or you win the game. Examples would be Leyline of Sanctity, [/c]Witchbane Orb[/c], Ivory Mask, Stifle, Voidslime, Sundial of the Infinite, Seht's Tiger, Platinum Emperion... One of the enchantments could simply be removed in response to a trigger to stop the loop.

If you cannot win the game or your opponent cannot lose (Abyssal Persecutor, Platinum Angel, Phyrexian Unlife,Angel's Grace, ...) the game will be a draw.
Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond

If i have these two out and i play something like Taste of Blood, what happens?

Does the combo of gain=lose and lose=gain form an infinite loop? or what happens?

Would love clarification! :>

I am White/Black
I'm both orderly and selfish. I act mostly for my own benefit, but I respect and help my community - Specially when it helps me. At best, I'm loyal and dedicated; at worst, I'm elitist and shrewd.

that's really cool, would make for a fun free for all deck.