Why is Golgari Grave-Troll still banned?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Since Dread Return is banned, I don't see why Golgari Grave-Troll is still banned. Stinkweed Imp is (almost) not played at all... and this is obviously not because of the "dredge 5" instead of "dredge 6". The only reason why Golgari Grave-Troll was overpowered was Dread Return.
On the contrary Golgari Grave-Troll may help rogue decks to "face" the increasing number of graveyard hate in sideboard (Relic of progenitus or Leyline of the void for example).
I hope wizards will reconsider this ban in June, for the next update of the banlist.
My two cents:

You're absolutely right. GGT was banned to weaken, but not completely destroy Dredge. Then, shortly after, they changed their minds and decided that they'd rather just kill Dredge completely, and banned Dread Return.

There is absolutely no reason for it to still be banned, because Legacy Dredge cannot port-over into Modern at all without Dread Return. However, Dredge is one of the most universally hated decks in existence, and unbanning GGT would be suggesting that they actually like Dredge, which would not go over well.

Don't hold your breath.
Sign In to post comments