[Modern] U/W Venser Golem

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

Game plan is to flicker the Splicers in order to set up a large number of flying golems with as much +1/+1 as possible. 2 spots left, given some thought to Tempered Steel  although I'm not sure if that's just 'win more'. Any comments?

Game plan is to flicker the Splicers in order to set up a large number of flying golems with as much +1/+1 as possible. 2 spots left, given some thought to Tempered Steel  although I'm not sure if that's just 'win more'. Any comments?

Hexplate golem might be good because of your nice land base. He gains all the bonuses that your other golems do. If he swings for 7/9 with first strike, it'll be nice. Also, splashing green for Maul splicer trample would be good, if you paired him with Hexplate.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
I built a deck extremely similar to this before the Avacyn Restored cards were shown and I was using Momentary Blink and a bounce creature to duplicate your Cloudshift and Ghostly Flicker.

Well I found that not having any mana ramp and trying to cast a 3 or 4 mana splicer every turn and bounce it at every opportunity was very sluggish.  Against a deck with cheap removal or cheap burn your splicers will get targeted badly.  I was thinking maybe everflowing chalice or silver myr along with Tempered Steel would make the deck more dynamic and threatening to your opponent.

I do like your addition of Wrath of God though, counterspelling/stalling early, dropping tempered steel, setting up your mana then using wrath of god is a great way to get your Golem army rolling.

Here is a smaller creature thats great with a bounce effect if you're interested - Epochrasite
Oh, and a golem land - Dread Statuary

Good luck with it.
If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it.