Man Lands

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Way too mana intensive to work as a standalone plan. Manlands were designed to get around control heavy decks as they are uncounterable. They are also used by control decks as a secondary win con, typically vs other control decks. You use them in your decks build colors and then they make great back up. But by themselves...not gonna stand a chance. Just costs too much mana and you have no way of really interacting with your opponent.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

Actually that is not really true. You can make a succesfull manland deck but the really top notch manlands are  pricey.

mutavault and inkmoth nexus can be scary. Inkmoth especially can get hella scary quickly in green with landfall.

dark depths with vampire hexmage and/or hex parasite can also work.

Something like this can just be funny,
4 Khalni Heart Expedition
4 life from the loam
4 consecrate land

4 mutagenic growth
4 rancor
4 groundswell

2 darksteel garrison
2 adventuring gear
2 infiltration lens
2 expedition map
2 burgeoning
1 fastbond
1 crucible of worlds

9 forest
4 savannah
4 Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
4 inkmoth nexus
4 Selesnya Sanctuary
1 strip mine
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
@skein: but its difficult to see what that decks has that wouldnt work better with a few infect creatures...

one way to go is:

this is modern, legacy has some cheaper options for clearing the board of anything but lands, which makes urzatron unnecessary. 
One thing you can do when you have something that defends against something your opponent may or may not have, is to put that thing in your own deck.  Opponent might not be playing control?  Ok add board wipes or other control that harms your opponent but not your man lands.  Also combines well with indestructible creatures.

Cards with the epic ability, whose only drawback is that they keep you from casting spells, are nice.

Thran turbine is nice for paying mandland mana costs.

I couldn't find anything but if you can find something that keeps everyone from castings spells that would be nice.

Etc.  As with any deck build around the uniqueness. 
The big thing is that manlands can be made indestructible easily. Also a 1/1 flying infect for 1 mana gets annoying quickly. Particularly if you make it unblockable and or with trample.

If you are running accelleration white anyway with indestructible land you can also run both armageddon and wrath of god in your sideboard or main.

Lands are also much easier to recover from the gy then anything else.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Sign In to post comments