04/30/2012 Feature: "Shrinking the Gap"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this weeks's Feature Article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Simple Solution: Start testing the exact moment the programmers have it ready.

Yes, this inevitably leads to another Judgement, where the set is leaked a month early, but noting especially terrible happened that time, apart for some "OMFG I DUN GOT SPOILERD!!" whining.
Simple Solution: Start testing the exact moment the programmers have it ready.

Yes, this inevitably leads to another Judgement, where the set is leaked a month early, but noting especially terrible happened that time, apart for some "OMFG I DUN GOT SPOILERD!!" whining.

I think it's pretty understandable why "throw out your entire marketing plan" isn't winning the day.
I don't particularly recall the marketing being horrifically undone for either Judgement or that set Wafo-Tapa leaked.

Spoilers don't kill sales.  Spoilers of bad sets do.
I haven't played MTGO in a while (sadly), but I'm impressed with the new plan.

It's refreshing to see plans for MTGO being communicated so clearly and so far in advance.  Here's hoping everything comes off as planned!
It's nice to see them caring about this, and I'm so enthusiastic about the effort that I won't even bring up the forced scarcity of online "prereleases".

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Good news! Now let's keep shrinking that gap. Wink