Arcanist's Spellbook

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
My character sheet under Arcanist Spellbook says "also, twice the daily and utility spells you can use" how does this work.
Any help would be great. Not new to D&D, just 4.0
Whenever you would get 1 daily (1st, 5th, etc) or Utility (2nd, 6th, etc), you actually select two; however, you only get access to one at a time.  Whenever you take an extended rest, if you have your book with you, you can swap which one you have prepared.

For example, at 1st level, you might select Flaming Sphere and Sleep.  You decide that you want Sleep.  You can now cast Sleep once per day ... until, a few adventures later, you're running into ice monsters.  After an extended rest, you exchange Sleep for Flaming Sphere, and can then cast Flaming Sphere once per day, but Sleep not at all.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Utillity powers can have any of the types ( At will, Encounter, Dailly)
So if you picked an Encounter utillity and a Dailly utillity at lv 2 you would pick the one you were using all day long, either the dailly power once OR the encounter each encounter if you can take  short rests.

As Salla said you need your book to change things around and if it gets stollen you keep your last line up until you get it back. But you do not have to rememorize spells every mourning. So if you were fighting ice monster tracking the jerk who took your stuff 3 days ago you would be stuck in sleep spell mode.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/cl...
This is going to be harsh, but if you are not new, you should know better...
It helps if you read the class/spell/feat/rules/etc before asking questions.  

Sorry I'm new to 4.0 just looking for some help. Should I ask for help somewhere else? Most people have been kind, why are you so mean?
I’ve removed content from this thread because harassment is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

Sorry I'm new to 4.0 just looking for some help. Should I ask for help somewhere else? Most people have been kind, why are you so mean?

Hey nonamesleft,

This is exactly the place you should be to ask! 95% of the folks on here are friendly, so don't worry about it. Cool 
OK, thanks!
Sign In to post comments