Good Character Serving Evil God and Vice Versa?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Okay, so this is a general question. I play a NG draconic-drow mage, who under "normal" circumstances worships Bahamut/Xymor, the Platinum Dragon.

Currently my friend and I are engaged in a roleplay where my mage is turned into a vampire, and though he has been shown there is a solution to get back to his original self, he declined to take it; his drow side/ natural personality wants to hold on to the new abilities and "immortality" that being a vampire gives him. However, fully aware that he can still be killed and the fact he wants to do good despite being a vampire, he is somewhat at a dilemma. He wants to keep considering himself a follower of Bahamut and doing good deeds, even though he must kill people to live.

So he tries to kill "evil people" but even being a vampire, his alignment is questionable.

That being asked, do you think a deity such as Bahamut would still accept him as a follower? I know I can make this decision myself but I don't wish to do that; I rather get opinions of experienced D&D players. Bahamut is supposed to be very compassionate but brooks no excuse for evil acts, favoring the down trodden and those in unfortunate circumstances--which would work for my mage if he didn't, by choice, stay a vampire.

Then, for a second question. Due to his power and a certain position of his in the story/game, Vhaeraun (CE drow god) is eyeing him as a potential recruit, especially since my mage's twin is a devout priest of his. My mage is half considering it, due to the god of vampires *also* determined to hold on to him--but would it be possible for a NG character to follow an evil god? I know cleric alignments for Vhaeraun can be CN, CE or NE (if I recall correctly) but I am unsure for non-cleric characters.

Thanks for assistance!

Usstan kla'ath l' orn d'lil Orbdrinus Senger! Vhaeraun zhah naut elghinyrr; uk zhah er'griff velkresa wun l' veldrin...

You're in the wrong section of the forums; this is for 4e.  You want to scroll down to the Previous Editions section of the forums and ask your question there.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Sign In to post comments