Wizard robe ideas

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I am fairly new as a GM. One of the party members who is playing a wizard will be finding some magic robes in the next session. I was just after some ideas for what effects a set of magic robes would have as there aren't really any in the PHB. It could improve arcana skill or maybe add +1 range to spells or something like that. The party is currently at level 3. Thanks for any ideas.
What version are you using? Maybe add one or two points to the int ability score to improve bonus spells, add a few level 0's or 1's that can be cast a certain number per day that dont take away from the daily spell count, however, this works if its 3 or 3.5. 
What version are you using? Maybe add one or two points to the int ability score to improve bonus spells, add a few level 0's or 1's that can be cast a certain number per day that dont take away from the daily spell count, however, this works if its 3 or 3.5. 

Sorry, we are using 4th Edition. The Wizard is an elf.
How strong do you want the item to be?  (Mainly I want to know if you are giving him a +1 item, or a +2 item).  While going from level 3-4 the party should be able to find one level 8 item, is this item their level 8?  Or were you thinking it would be a smaller bonus?  There are a lot of cool effects to pick from, but if you want it to be +2 it narrows the field down a lot.

Personally I am a fan of giving my players things like Veteran's Armor(+atk and damage when you AP)and  Armor of Sudden Recovery (Ongoing damage becomes regen). 

The one I like the most for my wizards is Robe of Contingency (If bloodied, teleport 6 and spend a surge)

That being said, the armor that best fits what you are looking for is this (Since it is a fairly weak set of enchanted armor, I'd give him the level 8 +2 version):

Runic ArmorLevel 3+ Uncommon

The arcane sigils engraved on this armor glow in the presence of magical emanations.

Lvl 3+1680 gpLvl 18+485,000 gp
Lvl 8+23,400 gpLvl 23+5425,000 gp
Lvl 13+317,000 gpLvl 28+62,125,000 gp

Armor: Chain, cloth, hide, leather, plate or scale

Enhancement Bonus: AC

Properties

• You gain an item bonus to Arcana checks equal to the armor’s enhancement bonus.

• When you use your second wind, you also gain a bonus to damage rolls with arcane attack powers equal to the armor’s enhancement bonus until the end of your next turn.

If you decide you like one of the others better just say something and I'll give you the stat block for it. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Parchment ArmorLevel 4+ Uncommon

This armor is made of magically reinforced parchment inscribed with arcane writings.

Lvl 4+1840 gpLvl 19+4105,000 gp
Lvl 9+24,200 gpLvl 24+5525,000 gp
Lvl 14+321,000 gpLvl 29+62,625,000 gp

Armor: Cloth or leather

Enhancement Bonus: AC

Property

This armor contains a number of arcane charges equal to its enhancement bonus. Recharging the armor requires an extended rest.

Power  (Free Action)

Trigger: You use an arcane power and make an attack roll.

Effect: You spend any number of unused charges from this armor and gain a power bonus to the attack roll for the triggering power equal to the number of charges spent.

From Adventurer's Vault 2 

A minor cursed robe
 Davin's  Robe of glittering glory
Davin loved to be the center of attention.. he never went to a party without his gold sequined robe  

+1 to charisma
-5 to hide checks 
 property all spells cast while wearing this robe also create a  close burst 1 of showy pyrotechnics  

Curse. cannot take of robe unless he has successfully hit on at least 1 wench in 24 hrs.
+10 vs will to drink eccessivly and make crude jokes about his wizards staff (-5 to any skill challenge involving romance)

Silly is fun...
But just tell the player its a very magical looking gold sequined robe... next to it is a shirt with the text " /\ the wizard  \/ the magic " 
57189838 wrote:
It may be late to post this suggestion, get a small booklet and write PC Rules on the front, and then inside start making up PC Rules to counter DM rules. Remember to use Ink, it's official if it is in Ink. If he says "it is DM's rules" then consult your PC rulebook for an appropriate rule such as "When the DM is railroading you then a PC may transfer to a train of his own choosing" ... ...If cash isn't an issue, have your rules Notorized, ussually this only costs about $20 or so a page, obviously Notorized rules will trump his rules, and most courts of law would agree, plus think of the entertainment value of presenting these rules to a Notary Public.
Sign In to post comments