Does teleportation and forced movement trigger polearm momentum?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a swordlock and just took Flitting Shadows.  My buddy just grabbed Polearm Momentum.  We realized this might get awesome if it works.

When I teleport an enemy adjacent to his character, does polearm momentum trigger?  Technically, the enemy has entered an adjacent square.  For that matter, would other forced movement provide the same benefit?

Either way, could you point me to an official rules source that supports your answer? 

Thanks!      
No. RC, under both teleportion and forced movement. Neither ever triggers Opportunity Actions that triggered by movement. Leaving one square to "enter another" is movement (and PG's trigger).
When I teleport an enemy adjacent to his character, does polearm momentum trigger?

No.

Shifting (RC 249), teleportation (RC 214), and forced movement (RC 212) do not trigger any opportunity actions that are triggered by movement.

EDIT: Assuming the OP meant Polearm Gamble, not Polearm Momentum.

Forced movement, as long as it is a push or a slide, does trigger Polearm Momentum.  Teleports do not.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Forced movement, as long as it is a push or a slide, does trigger Polearm Momentum.  Teleports do not.

Polearm momentum is the feat that lets you prone when you push or slide an enemy. From the context it sounds like the OP is referring to Polearm GAMBLE though.
I was thinking he was talking about agile opportunist x.x

Polearm momentum is the feat that lets you prone when you push or slide an enemy. From the context it sounds like the OP is referring to Polearm GAMBLE though.

Well of course he is, but that's not what he said 
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Polearm Gamble

Polearm Gamble
Paragon Tier
Prerequisite: 11th level, Str 15, Wis 15
Benefit: When a nonadjacent enemy enters a square adjacent to you, you can make an opportunity attack with a polearm against that enemy, but you grant combat advantage to that enemy until the end of the enemy’s turn.
Special: Weapon feat

If that was what you were talking about, then yes, you can trigger polearm gamble as long as its not his turn.  Its the wonderful thing about polearm gamble.
No, as Alcestis said, neither Teleportation nor Forced Movement trigger OAs that are triggered by movement. It would require specific mention of Teleportation and Forced Movement in order to override the general rule.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
No, as Alcestis said, neither Teleportation nor Forced Movement trigger OAs that are triggered by movement. It would require specific mention of Teleportation and Forced Movement in order to override the general rule.

So, in addition to having to Antipathy Gloves, a Polearm Gambler will want to have a way to prevent enemies from teleporting near them (either to or from, really.)  Also, since forced movement wouldn't trigger it, being in a group with forced movement controllers won't really matter.
Sign In to post comments